Animal Practice: Season One Ratings

animal practice tv show ratingsCan a monkey help bring in viewers and big ratings? NBC is apparently hoping so with their Animal Practice sitcom.
Aside from Crystal the capuchin monkey, the TV show’s cast also includes Justin Kirk, JoAnna Garcia Swisher, Tyler Labine, Bobby Lee, Kym Whitley, and Betsy Sodaro.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Animal Practice will be cancelled or renewed for a second season. There are currently 13 episodes in season one and the show typically airs on Wednesday nights.

Episode 01-06: Wednesday, 10/24/12
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.68 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 1.22 in the demo with 4.22 million.

UPDATE: NBC has cancelled Animal Practice and will drop the series after eight episodes.

Episode 01-05: Wednesday, 10/17/12
1.1 in the demo (0% change) with 3.85 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.23 in the demo with 4.35 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-04: Wednesday, 10/10/12
1.1 in the demo (-15% change) with 3.80 million (-17% change).
Season averages: 1.27 in the demo with 4.52 million.

Episode 01-03: Wednesday, 10/03/12
1.3 in the demo (-7% change) with 4.56 million (-12% change).
Season averages: 1.35 in the demo with 4.88 million.

Episode 01-02: Wednesday, 09/26/12
1.4 in the demo with 5.12 million.
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 5.12 million.

Episode 01-01: Sunday, 08/12/12
4.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 12.8 million total viewers.
The special Olympics preview gave the show nice exposure but the numbers aren’t counted in the season averages.

What do you think? Do you like the Animal Practice TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

BoredWatcher October 29, 2012 at 2:20 am

I am so entertained! I’ve been watching many shows including this funny and unique show for weeks. Until just now after reading all the news, forums, articles, issues and all similar nonsense about Animal Practice, I never knew there was so much hate and negativity.

Payton October 25, 2012 at 4:20 pm

DEAR WATCHER Don’t say there is animal cruelty if you have absolutely no knowledge of what you are talking about!!!!!! You don’t have to like the show but don’t say stupid things that aren’t true. You have no idea how wrong you are so YUCK TO YOU AND NBC.

Watcher October 19, 2012 at 2:04 pm

YAY!!! This abusive piece of crap is gone!! Eventually everyone will realize what’s been happening to animals everywhere (and on sets!)! Thank you PETA and thank you NBC!

Donna Rozenburg October 18, 2012 at 10:32 pm

I love this show. It’s nice to just sit and laugh at some great comedy for a change.

Payton October 17, 2012 at 8:11 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW. WE STOP STUDYING JUST TO WATCH IT AND THEN GET BACK TO THE GRIND. WE THINK it’s AWESOME!!!!! SAVE IT SAVE IT SAVE IT

Jackie October 12, 2012 at 3:49 am

This show is absolutely hysterical. It cannot be canceled!

Mike October 17, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I agree !

Payton October 17, 2012 at 8:13 pm

You are right Jackie – we would be so pissed if they canceled this show. So tired of those realty shows and this is the first time we’ve laughed our asses off at a 8 oclock show, Usually they are lame at that hour. But man they better keep it around.

Ellen October 10, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Love the show and as for the animal cruelty … I have my own animal rescue and it you do the searching on it…these days they can not treat them like they used too…and the animals there I’m sure are well happy and taken care for…it’s a show!!!! Good entertainment and now my little girl wants to be a vet. She was tired of all the doctor shows and now we have to record every episode and keep it just for her as she watches them over and over…funny…hope the ratings stay up!!

Payton October 17, 2012 at 8:14 pm

RIGHT ON ELLEN. There is no animal cruelty at all. We read everything we can on the show and those animals seem to be treated like major stars!

k r gordon October 10, 2012 at 11:09 am

This is the first decent family show in a while. Good humor, lots of fun, the animals are great, and they campaign for pet adoption. Of course the networks will try to get rid of the shows that don’t turn kids into adults way before their time.

kristian king October 8, 2012 at 12:41 pm

What ate you talking about Watcher and Samara? I have inside info and the two of you are spreading propaganda without actual facts. Have you been on set? Do you know Crystal the monkey and her trainer? Do you know where she sleeps and how she lives? Did you know that it is a FaCT that over 90% of the dogs are rescued? DoD you know there is someone from the Humane Society on set every second monitoring how the animals are treated. You people are irresponsible and don’t know the significance of your opinionated words not facts..don’t compare apples and oranges. Are animals mistreated yes but these animals are NOT. Do you know the monkey has been in several movies and tv shows and she is bot thrown to the wolves in fact lives freely in a house and treated like a member of the family..that’s what’s wrong with Americans they have an answer for everything without facts.

Watcher October 9, 2012 at 11:43 am

Ok, kristian king, the next time someone takes you far away from your proper environment, a place where it’s a little harder to breathe and scarier than nice trees and vines, and dresses you up so you can parade around for moronic audiences, let us know how that feels. Because unless you know exactly what it’s like to be a misplaced monkey then you know nothing. It’s you know-it-all Americans who perpetuate ignorance. The fact that the monkey’s performed at Universal Studios should send signal enough to realize the mess this all is. And don’t assume I’m an American.

Anonymous October 11, 2012 at 11:07 am

I work on the show! I have been on sets for 16 years. I can’t speak for anyone else but i feel all the animals on the show are cared for and treated well. My equipment is right where the animals are housed. They are played with, walked and loved all day long. Not a bad life from what I see.

Samara October 11, 2012 at 11:14 am

Actually – “spreading propaganda” is such a vulgar term for what is really just telling the truth! I don’t need to “be on set” to know that the smile on Crystal’s face, that you all think is cute and happy, is created from a response to pain! That is how you get a monkey to smile – you cause it pain!! However, if you have no concern for this, and other painful practices, I suppose you could convince yourself that the monkey is truly enjoying the pain! Not to mention that someone from the Humane Society is not on set … it is actually someone from the Humane Association (a completely different group), who has been known to have animals die while on their sets, and has been accused of taking bribes to look the other way! As for the significance of my opinion – I speak only in facts, and I hope that people listen and become educated on the facts of how animals are treated in the name of entertainment! So, unless you are FOR animal abuse – you need to get YOUR facts straight and start putting your energy into helping animals, not helping people get away with animal cruelty!

Watcher October 4, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Don’t be fooled into thinking that just because an animal is doing something funny on tv it means it’s actually enjoying itself. Animals are consistently abused on sets. If not literally, like the idiots on the show “Luck”, then by overwork or neglect. On sets, horses are considered to be the most abused. In the world, monkeys are treated worse. Whenever you see a monkey on screen, just know that after the show goes off the air, the likelihood of the monkey surviving is pretty slim. We must boycott shows like this.

vivienne September 28, 2012 at 11:56 am

I really liked it. It’s funny and it makes a pleasant change to have animals in stead of blasted screaming kids. Everyone seems to think you have to have babies in sitcoms to make them work enough I love this hope it stays around.

I thought the cat trying to commit suicide in the pre olympic show was one of the funniest things I have ever seen

kristian king September 27, 2012 at 11:46 pm

The animals on animal practice are not treated inhumanely. They are mostly rescued and treated with so much love. They also are the same people who do the animal show at universal studios. In fact this show brings awareness to animal rights and actually promotes animal rights.

Samara September 28, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Actually – the animals are abused, exploited, and are NOT rescued!! They NEED TO BE rescued! If you need proof, I implore you to go to PETA’s website and read the infromation specifically on this show!!!!! I doubt anyone will find any humor in the treatment of these animal “actors”!!!

Craig September 19, 2012 at 9:08 pm

This was a very good pilot episode. I hope the numbers stay strong.

Brittany Clark August 25, 2012 at 3:33 am

I thought this show was hilarious! Currently on the path to becoming a vet myself, it’s funny how much I can relate to it. I’m sure the animals on set are treated properly by their trainers. Great show :)

ardeth August 23, 2012 at 7:53 pm

I hope this show is cancelled. As an animal lover, it always saddens me when I see wild animals being exploited in show biz, whether it’s a circus or a Vegas show or a TV commercial/show or a film, etc. So many of these unfortunate animals are treated cruelly by their trainers and even die in the service of greedy humans who just want to make a buck off them.