Betrayal: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season Two

Betrayal series finaleMultiple sources are reporting the news that we all saw coming. Betrayal has been cancelled and won’t be back for a second season on ABC.

On Betrayal, the extra-marital affair of two professionals gets even more complicated when their families end up on the opposite sides of a murder trial. The cast includes Stuart Townsend, Hannah Ware, Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and James Cromwell.

The drama had poor ratings right from the start and then, the numbers got even worse in subsequent weeks. The finale registered just a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.3 million viewers.

Despite the dismal ratings, the network denied that the show had been cancelled. Thankfully, the last episode provided some measure of closure for the devoted fans who stuck with it.

What do you think? Are you sorry that the show’s been cancelled, that there won’t be a second season of Betrayal?

Rosa August 29, 2014 at 11:37 pm

I am so disappointed. I never miss one show, I look forward to it every week. You should try changing day/time. Excellent actors and so much better than all the other shows that are on. You really left us hanging by that last show. PLEASE RENEW!!!

Dragche August 29, 2014 at 12:05 pm

This show is so beautiful love story, and I was crying when i watch the finale episode. We want season 2!!!!!

may August 29, 2014 at 8:32 am

DEVASTATED!!!

Ebony Cooper August 29, 2014 at 2:29 am

I was addicted to this show. Very tense. I am disappointed that there will be no season 2. The finale left my mouth wide open.

avid tv watcher August 28, 2014 at 11:43 pm

It was a great show and I hope it is not canceled.

Lisa August 28, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Betrayal was one of the best show ever aired I can’t believe it will not come back this fall there are so many other shows that could be removed from ABC other then Betrayal.
I hope they reconsider and bring it back asap.

Anonymous August 28, 2014 at 3:24 pm

YES, I AM SO PISSED THAT THEY CANCELLED THE SHOW. I LOOOOVVVEEEDDD IT!!!!!

Karris Thompson August 28, 2014 at 2:05 pm

I am VERY disappointed that they canceled the show!! I loved watching Betrayal, and I looked forward to seeing what was in stored for us in the second season….I seriously feel betrayed. I mean the network got me hooked on an amazing show and then they canceled it on me….Seriously??