Betrayal: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season Two

Betrayal series finaleMultiple sources are reporting the news that we all saw coming. Betrayal has been cancelled and won’t be back for a second season on ABC.

On Betrayal, the extra-marital affair of two professionals gets even more complicated when their families end up on the opposite sides of a murder trial. The cast includes Stuart Townsend, Hannah Ware, Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and James Cromwell.

The drama had poor ratings right from the start and then, the numbers got even worse in subsequent weeks. The finale registered just a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.3 million viewers.

Despite the dismal ratings, the network denied that the show had been cancelled. Thankfully, the last episode provided some measure of closure for the devoted fans who stuck with it.

What do you think? Are you sorry that the show’s been cancelled, that there won’t be a second season of Betrayal?

dee January 29, 2015 at 11:15 am

i loved the show! i couldn’t wait to see she decided to stay with. i will never know who you would have chosen my choice would have been lover.. too bad !
i loved the cast.. excellent choice i thought the son should have gotten an award for his acting

Nic January 28, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Disappointed
I personally enjoyed this drama and what’s to say Sky catch up in the UK won’t allow viewers to get up to speed with it because I stumbled upon it that way. Drama is like life has many chapters and you take the rough with the smooth, scripts writers and producers should have stuck with it and made a series two(chp2)….

I'm beyond myself... January 28, 2015 at 3:29 am

I can’t believe the show was taken off it was so good. If there weren’t enough views was because ABC didn’t hype it up like every other TV shows advertising. Not enough people knew about it. I would say give it another chance with better publicity! I would tune in…

Nic January 28, 2015 at 2:48 pm

Totally agree

Feeling Betrayed January 26, 2015 at 3:09 pm

I am beyond shocked that this show will not be coming back on yet there are all these stupid reality shows taking over the tv these days. It’s disgusting! Really enjoyed this show but it wasn’t given enough exposure. The only reason I knew it was on was because it would come on right after another show I watched. Let’s go ABC….get off the reality show bandwagon and give us something to take our minds off our own lives for an hour!!

Anonymous January 26, 2015 at 11:06 am

I loved this show. Why take it off after just one season. Come on ABC, give it another chance. Please?