Big Love: Stars & Creators Reflect on TV Series and Finale

Big Love finaleTonight, HBO airs the final episode of Big Love. After five seasons and 53 episodes, it’s time to say goodbye to Bill Henrickson (Bill Paxton); his three wives, Barb (Jeanne Tripplehorn), Nikki (Chloe Sevigny) and Margene (Ginnifer Goodwin); and their extended family.

To mark the occasion, the cable channel has released a half-hour special in which the cast and creators reflect on the TV series and what it means to them to bring the show to a close.

Take a look:

What do you think? Are you looking forward to the finale? Sorry to see the TV series go?

anon April 13, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Wonderful show. Just loved it and the characters were so unusual, MORE! will miss watching Love so much. MORE!

Marcy Milota March 30, 2011 at 3:17 pm

What a dunderhead I am to have looked at these comments before I watched the finale which I still haven’t caught on the U-Verse On-Demand service. My bad! Now I see that Bill dies!?! I can’t believe it, and I know what I’ll be watching as soon as I get home from work tonight. This has been on my must-see list from the first episode and never failed to engage my interest. Such a great cast, incredible quirky characters, and an illuminating look at a religious group that is not-widely understood. I know that Bill and his wives were an extreme element, but I sure enjoyed following them on their journey.
I will look forward to seeing these cast-members and the show’s creators in other venues.

rachael March 27, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I started watching this series in the second season so am honestly hurt that its finished. Good or great episodes and all, it was something to look forward to. And the ending while I understand why it ended that way. It sucks! we know we are watching made up stuff but after dealing with life everyday a happy good ending helps to relax. And take me away, even if its just a show.

robin March 27, 2011 at 4:40 pm

I was like, “Say It Ain’t So” this could have lasted a bit longer. The way it ended made me feel like because of the real life trials of polygamist, HBO was forced to end in a not so good way as expected. I hope that it comes to the big screen and Bill’s death was just a dream that one of the wives or son had. I NEVER GIVE UP HOPE, I COULD GIVE WRITE A STORY LINE FOR IT! The overall series was like a National Geographic experience. I didn’t want to watch it at first but polygamy was also was something I wondered about from articles in the news. This series gave me a better understanding of other cultures. If it weren’t for the sharing of the man, I think it would be very convenient to have some sister-wives to help with shopping, chores and the family!

barney martin March 21, 2011 at 10:45 am

I found the show extremely enjoyeable, BUT the ending I feel was inappropriate. There were so many other ways to end this without having Bill die. I feel very disappointed and this has taken away from the memory of this series. Ending seems to be poorly thoughtout and DID NOT ANSWER MANY QUESTIONS. I think giving the audience hope for this family would of been a better choice and the idea of prison for a time could of been woven into a more acceptible ending.

I feel frustrated and actually mad at this ending. The writers could of done a better job

LGC March 20, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I looked forward to each and every episode for the last five seasons. I felt like I knew the characters personally. I will miss them. Thank you for a show a cut above, and for the great cast.

Anonymous March 20, 2011 at 8:25 pm

So sad to see the show go. I’ve laughed and cried! Sunday’s won’t be the same!!

Patricia Carney March 20, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Bill Paxton was incredible!!!! The finale was the best I have ever seen and have been breaking down in tears for the last 2 hours. The scene with Lois and Frank was wonderful. The church scene was wonderful. The ending was totally unexpected. The writing – exceptional to say the least. Thank you cast and everyone associated with this production! Top rate.

carol March 20, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Loved that series!!!

Siobhan March 20, 2011 at 7:18 pm

I’m sorry to see the show end because I think it was beautifully written and acted. However, I hated the ending. Killing off Bill? Really? I can’t see how that was necessary or germane to the show’s focus. I think it was a real cop out and I’m really disappointed.

Dolly Bowers March 20, 2011 at 10:39 am

I will miss them. It is an intriguing show. Love is not always black or white, right or wrong, good or bad. Love is complicated and is not to be denied. Big Love explored this in depth. Thank you for having the courage to do so. And thank you to this fabulous cast of actors.

GSF March 20, 2011 at 10:26 am