Black Box: Has the ABC TV Show Been Cancelled?

Black Box TV show canceled or season two?ABC recently cancelled several shows (Mixology, Suburgatory, Betrayal, etc.) and renewed many others (Resurrection, Revenge, The Goldbergs, etc.). What about the new Black Box series that airs on Thursday nights?

The show revolves around a beautiful and brilliant neuroscientist (Kelly Reilly) who’s hiding the fact that she’s bipolar. The rest of the cast includes Ditch Davey, David Ajala, Terry Kinney, Ali Wong, David Chisum, Laura Fraser, Siobhan Williams, and Vanessa Redgrave.

The show debuted on April 24th to a poor 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.87 million viewers. The ratings have gotten even worse as the weeks have progressed. This week’s installment hit a new low with a 1.1 rating and 4.31 million.

While ABC hasn’t cancelled Black Box, they surely will. The ratings have just been too low to be renewed for a second season.

The question now is, “Will all of the episodes air?” There are nine episodes remaining. If the ratings keep going down, the network could easily pull the show and replace it with reruns. Hopefully they’ll either air or release them so the show’s small audience can see them.

What do you think? Do you think that Black Box should be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Do you think ABC should air all of the episodes they have?

Linda August 3, 2014 at 5:59 pm

No…people are so afraid of mental illnesses. People need to watch shows like this.. Helps understand what they don’t want to know until it affect one of their family members. Many of us love this show !!

Judith August 3, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Really enjoy this show. Summertime seems like a bad time to judge a show’s value or count the number watching it. Too many “summer” distractions.

Laurie August 3, 2014 at 2:29 pm

I absolutely LOVE this show!! So different from so many boring shows about cops, scandals, mistresses,etc. PLEASE bring it back! Can’t wait to find out what happens next.

Marijane Henning August 3, 2014 at 1:12 pm

PLEASE, do not cancel “Black Box”. It is the most enjoyable show to air in a long time. I do not watch much television because of the shallow, or violent, or corny sitcom programs. This show has reaffirmed my confidence that weekly programming can get better.

Cathy August 3, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Please do not cancel Black Box it is the only show to deal with the bipolor episodes
that occur in a bipolors everyday life. House made Lupus be known please give the show a chance

Marian Zitzelsberger August 3, 2014 at 11:40 am

I personally like the show, prehaps to cerebral for some, no pun intended
Please bring it back for another go

Deb Kavanagh August 3, 2014 at 8:06 am

This show is the most gripping and captivating show airing these days. Please do not cancel this show, and if you do- please air the remaining taped episodes.

Sharon August 2, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Please do not cancel this show. Outstanding writing AND acting. It gives you incite and understanding for people who may not be seen as “normal”, This is the best new program
that I’ve seen on all of the networks.

Anna August 3, 2014 at 10:26 am

Don’t cancel Black Box. Thank you.

Tammy Mobley August 2, 2014 at 10:57 pm

This show is wonderful!! Very informative too!! Please don’t cancel it!!

Anonymous August 2, 2014 at 9:25 pm

LOVE Black Box!! DO NOT CANCEL PLZ

Mary August 2, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Please at least release the last 9 episodes. The show appeals to all ages–I am in my 70’s. I love all medical shows.

bibbythenurse August 2, 2014 at 8:17 pm

I love this show!! I hope it is renewed for another season.

Hadi Stambouliah August 2, 2014 at 7:56 pm

This show is very important to those of us who believe in the wonders and beauty of the human brain, its sophistication and ability to “change itself”! Please continue to air The Black Box series on the ABC.

Liz Barone August 2, 2014 at 6:35 pm

I love the show and hope you will keep it or at least run the nine shows you have the girls at work and I will be watching

Evelyn August 2, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Please do not cancel this show. My 18 year old grand daughter and I can hardly wait to
see this every week – proving it has an appeal to all different ages. Hang in there and the
ratings will get better!

Sandy August 3, 2014 at 11:58 am

I love the show . I want to see it to its conclusion.