Body of Proof: Will Cable Save the Cancelled Series?

Body of Proof canceledWhen ABC cancelled Body of Proof, word was that cable channels like USA, TNT, and WGA America were interested in picking up the show for a fourth season.

ABC network president Paul Lee even said, “I would love to see Body of Proof find a good home for itself. I love Dana Delany.”

The sentiment wasn’t really a surprise since ABC Studios (which produces the crime drama) has been making the show at a deficit. They have had success selling it overseas but a fourth season would bring the series closer to having enough episodes for a lucrative syndication package.

Unfortunately, a new home couldn’t be found and Body of Proof is staying cancelled.

Creator Matt Gross broke the bad news, writing, “Valiant effort from #abc studios to sell #bodyofproof to another net, Sad to report there will not be a season 4 TOD 5:24pm 5-22-13 RIP.”

He followed that up with, “We tried, tried and tried. No stone left unturned-No one wanted to keep this show on the air more than #abc studios & me-We’re all bummed.”

Following the news, Delaney tweeted, “Thank you to all who campaigned for #BodyOfProof4. 3rd most watched drama @ABCNetwork thanks to you. I will miss Dr Megan Hunt & Co. RIP”

What do you think? Do you wish that a cable channel had picked it up? Would you have watched the show on cable?

Becky May 29, 2013 at 9:58 pm

What???????????? This was an ABC show not FOX. Good grief this was a good show I cannot believe that TNT didn’t pick it up. Oh wait, I can’t name a PRIME TIME P.M. show that ABC has running for years like CBS NCIS . Too bad a good show with good writers. I will miss this one!!!!!!!!!

Joy Latta May 29, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Would love for the show to be picked up again. One of y favorite shows. Will miss it. So sad (:

Kimberly Ball May 29, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Good show! Good actors! My household never missed it. I wish someone would pick it up for another few seasons.

Holly Kindell May 29, 2013 at 7:40 pm

My husband and I watch this every week. We would definitely watch it on cable.

Heather020 May 29, 2013 at 6:04 pm

I download and watch body of proof from iTunes and I have purchased all three seasons.

I’m quite fussy about the shows I watch on TV and this one definitely has great plots, great actors all of the main characters and is worth the money.

My answer Hell yes!

Tracy May 29, 2013 at 5:57 pm

This really pisses me off. This was the one show I could hardly wait for week to week. Dana Delaney is awesome. Maybe we all should boycott watching ABC. I really liked Harry’s Law & Human Target too. Come on you so called heads of ABC. Your making a HUGE mistake!!!!!!

Marie Tomlinson May 29, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Why do they keep cancelling my favourite shows and leave so many garbage shows? I miss Harry’s Law and Human Target. Body of Proof is an awesome show. I looked forward to watching it every week.

Donelle Philbrick May 29, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Agree 100%. Well, not about Harry’s Law :) But I love Body of Proof.

Lynn May 30, 2013 at 9:51 am

Another good show cancelled! WHY? This show had drama, mystery, romance, etc! What more could one ask for in a TV series?

And they keep the dumb shows! What is WRONG with the networks? Sheesshh….

Marilyn May 29, 2013 at 4:28 pm

I would most assuredly watch it on cable or anywhere. Dana is great as is Jerri,in fact
the whole cast is. These people who make the decisions on what shows to keep & what must go are truly idiots. One of the best shows I had seen in awhile was A Gifted
Man and they took that show off too. I do not think they really know good from bad.
Yhey just like to keep the crazy ones on and call them wonderful. Who watchs them?

Don Taylor May 29, 2013 at 4:19 pm

I hate no longer being a part of the “demo.” Shows I like are often canceled because the “demo” doesn’t watch them. I do wish BoP would be picked up by a cable channel. I would definitely watch it.

Pam H. May 29, 2013 at 3:14 pm

BODY OF PROOF was a great show. ABC should bring it back. I can’t believe they cancelled this show but are bringing in a new show about how it is ok to be married and have affairs. Really ABC. I for one and a lot of people that I have talked to will not watch the new show. Bring BODY OF PROOF back and put your new show on at midnight. The only thing I can think of is that the execs at ABC are doing what the new show is all about and thought that we would like to watch and think that hey ABC says its ok to do that.

Lee May 29, 2013 at 3:12 pm

My 2 sisters & I are also bummed that Body of Proof isn’t coming back & not being pick up by someone else. We definitely would watch it if you or someone would continue to the 4th season.

Alyssa May 29, 2013 at 3:08 pm

I, along with my 11 year old and 15 year old are so upset that body of proof is being canceled. We are disappointed at ABCs decision on this matter. I have seen the new shows motive and rookie blue and am not impressed by them. Delany, Valley and cast are all excellent and really hope someone does pick it up. We willfollow it anywhere they go.

Candy Cassato May 29, 2013 at 2:28 pm

I guess the networks only want reality shows that they don’t have to spend money on real actors. Thank god for shows on USA and TNT.

cindy taylor May 29, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Who’s in charge of deciding which shows stay and which ones go? IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

9blu May 29, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Ultimately the viewers decide. If enough people watch to make it profitable, it stays. If not, it goes.

Maggie May 29, 2013 at 11:44 am

Why of why do they cancel the shows that are good and well produced and keep the “crap”! You can be sure I would watch on cable, if they are smart enough to pick it up. Another good one Vegas gone too. What is the matter with the people who make these decisions?