Cristina’s Court: Syndicated TV Show Cancelled after Three Seasons

Cristina's CourtIt looks like Cristina Perez is leaving the TV courthouse. After three seasons on the air, Cristina’s Court has been cancelled and won’t be returning for the 2009-10 season.

Cristina’s Court first aired on September 11, 2006. Perez formerly hosted the very popular court show La Corte de Familia (Family Court) for Telemundo. The no-nonsense lawyer was marketed to be the first TV judge to ever cross over from the Spanish-language to English-language market. Cristina’s focuses on both small claims cases and conflicts and legal arguments between families, couples, friends, business partners and co-workers. Perez’s decisions are legally-binding and are injected with her own moral and family values.

The series won a daytime Emmy last year, the first Outstanding Legal/Courtroom Program Award to be given. According to the Syndicated Network Television Association, Perez ranks as the second most trustworthy and influential host in syndication among adults 18-34, ranking just behind Oprah Winfrey.

Will you miss Cristina's Court?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Though the Emmy-winning courtroom show ranks seventh among almost a dozen court shows in syndication, the series is ending after three seasons. According to Nielson, it’s been averaging a 1.1 rating, down about 15% from last season.

In a statement, Twentieth Television’s COO Bob Cook said, “We would like to thank Cristina Perez as well as executive producer Peter Brennan, Lisa Lew and the entire staff for producing this high-quality, Emmy Award-winning television court program.”

Cristina’s is one of a growing number of syndicated shows that are being cancelled due to a decline in available advertising money. Original episodes will continue to be produced and the show will air through September 2009.

Barry Convery June 28, 2012 at 7:44 am

This show is a joke _ what “judge’ lets the defendant give a personal resume of her professional ‘career’ before hearing the full accusers story – such a giggly (lovely hair style)judge think this is – a court????

donald June 4, 2012 at 10:08 am

to every one what going on with this old show calld the cristina court what do they do on thear let me know ok tell me what go on the show ok

Steve May 10, 2011 at 7:50 pm

All of those kangaroo court shows are bullshit. Anybody who literally believes in the validity of those TV court shows has my sympathies. Like any TV production labeled a “reality” reality it isn’t. Judge Judy captures the admiration of her fellow viewers falling within the same caliber as the cretins who never miss an episode of Jerry Springer or Maury Povich. Spend your mornings and afternoons high on crack and gaze at Judy, Jerry, Maury and Oprah, too! Too many dim-bulbs here in America!

Christina S. March 24, 2010 at 12:43 pm

I loved the show and I miss it. I think that it’s a lot better than Judge Judy. All that hateful old hag does is scream and yell at people. Oh and make fun of them.

Raymond Anthony October 5, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Cristina’s Court was a great show! At least Cristina’s Court left the airwaves on top with a second consecutive Emmy win! Cristina’s Court was 2-2 . . . and BTW Judge Judy is 0-12.

Donald Davis September 25, 2009 at 7:38 pm

I am really saddened by the news that Judge Cristina will not be back on our Fox channel. I mean, I watch alot of the court shows, but hers was one of my
favorites of all of them. I was really hoping that another syndicated channel
might pick her up but I guess the whole plug has been pulled already.

Anonymous August 31, 2009 at 11:20 am

She is not a judge by the way she is a lawyer. She was very nice–but I hope to see her persue her career as a lawyer

Samantha Delynne August 6, 2009 at 6:03 pm

Thats too bad.She was a great Tv Judge.Whats she going to be doing now?

Mark May 25, 2009 at 8:31 am

I am saddened that the series has been cancelled. It is probably because the Judge respected the litigants and didn’t insult, humiliate, berate and scream at them. Judge Cristina showed compassion for people; she understands human nature. Her show will be missed by many.

Johnathan May 21, 2009 at 2:12 pm

@ Barrett, I can’t believe how ungrateful you are. Weren’t you and one of the producers all buddy buddy chum chums after the show?

I was also on the show, with Barrett, and they were really nice people. I’ll never forget the experience. I watch CC everyday from my work breakroom during my lunch hour. Too bad she’s getting canceled.

lisa marie April 28, 2009 at 11:42 am

I love Judge Christina’s court show. She has a commonsense approach to her decisions, is very caring, and I think they should replace her with judge Judy. Children will not watch her and walk out of the room and judge Christina appeals to a much younger age group. Children are growing up with a no commonsense and practical decision making attitude. I tell my kids justice was done with shoes or what ever was closest to that parent. We need a judge on PRIME TIME that children would be more willing to keep their attention span.. No One Teaching them what the, “LEGAL REPERCUSSIONS FOR THEIR ACTIONS “, when they loose protection.

paula March 29, 2009 at 11:21 am

The show is a fake! They tell you what to say and how to say it. They border on lies and breaking the law. The producers encourage people to break the law to get a good rating! They fly you in , keep you in a cheap stinky hotel, Keep you in a tiny room treated like criminals , I am surprised that she has lasted this long. Never heard of her before They called us wanting us to come. I still have voice mails from the producers because I knew their Game, butI still fell for it. Cristina is not a nice woman, she just wanted her ratings oh, and the audiance? They are paid actors!!! They get paid $50.00 a day to sit in her court room. She isn’t even a judge! Thats show buisness

Kim November 20, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Paula I’m right there with you. They are horrible. They embarrased me and aired dirty laundry on air – didn’t get my case won because of the producer being deceitful and lying to me. She is NOT a nice woman – she’s horrible.

BOB March 8, 2009 at 11:22 am

I enjoyed Judge Cristina Perez courtroom program very much.. She is a very likeable person & I also remember when she won the award for best courtroom program & I think that she deserved it.. I’ll miss her show & miss not seeing her on a daily basis.. Best of Luck to her always… Thank You Judge Cristina Perez…….Bob……

Barrett March 5, 2009 at 8:42 am

I was on the show this Fall,it is no wonder they have no money,they treated me like a celebrity and gave me money just for appearing,I would have done it for free! But to be honest,other than MY show,I never watched it!

Darksidehearts February 11, 2009 at 11:15 pm

To be honest, I never heard of this show before. I only stumbled upon it one night when I couldn’t sleep. Out of the few channels my bedroom TV can get (Come February 17th it will go from 3 channels to 0 lol.*1)

Well I found it kind of funny but just about the same as any other courtroom tv show. I still watch Judge Judy and here and there catch some other ones but they are pretty much all the same really. I didn’t think that these shows could get pulled off the air honestly. Hmm…I wonder if they still do trials even if the show is no longer on TV?
- – - -
*1 We in Rhode Island are still following the initial D-TV transition, why? I don’t know, we are always the odd man out on these kind of things. I suppose we can thank Cacierri*2 for that too…

*2 I don’t care if I spelled his name wrong, I hate the guy.