CSI: NY: CBS TV Show Renewed for Season Eight

CSI: NY renewed season eightFans of CSI: New York can rest easy. The Friday night series was looking like it might be cancelled but has now been renewed for an eighth season.

Starring Gary Sinise, CSI: NY investigations follows the investigations of a team of forensic scientists and police officers in the Big Apple. It began in the fall of 2004 and currently co-stars AJ Buckley, Anna Belknap, Carmine Giovinazzo, Eddie Cahill, Hill Harper, Robert Joy, and Sela Ward.

CBS moved CSI: NY to Friday nights this season, leading many to believe that it was on its way out. The ratings have declined over the years and naturally took a big hit when it was moved. Still, the show has performed better than most other shows of the night and currently averages a 1.8 in the 18-49 demographic and more than 10 million viewers.

According to Deadline, the decision to renew came right down to the wire. Contributing factors that pushed it over the edge include the fact that the show has a profitable syndication deal and also does quite well in international sales.

Though the TV series will be back for an eighth season, it’s not decided how many episodes will be ordered. Unlike the others, it may end up being a 13 episodes season.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that CSI: NY will return for season eight?

Wondering where the rest of your shows stand? Check our CBS cancel/renew page.

Canceled and renewed TV show

336 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Tonja says

I agree get rid of Golden Boy and bring back CSI New York. I agree that it needs to be a full 26 episodes. I never did understand why you cancelled CSI Miami – one of my favorite shows. Every time there’s a favor show on you guys cancel it and put some kind of stupid reality show or something that’s not worthy of watching.

2. Judy M says

Why was there such a shot season? I am glad it was reneed it is one or my favorite shows..I just don’t understand the short season,whocares about golden boy not me bring back our csi ny..

3. Darlene Brown says

Yea!! About time they think of people that can’t stand all this reality and stays with a great show that has wonderful actors – both male and female – and just plain enjoyable.
    Thanks for brightening my day.

4. Lynne says

Very glad to know the series will continue, great cast, great shows and Friday suits me just fine. Double 13 would be fine too.

5. Dennis says

I am very glad its coming back. My wife and I enjoy Friday night line up and yes it needs to be a full season– 26 weeks not 13

6. frances a hofman says

Sure glad to hear the series will be renewed. Hoping that it wont’t be just a 13 episode season. Of course I am not in the most wanted demographicm but I am a loyal vewer.

I am 78 and female. Like to be counted. Keep thos episodes coming. For now it is a lonely friday night.

7. Chris says

I’m glad to see that CSI NY was not cancelled. We need all 26 episodes not 13. It’s one of two shows I watch on Friday nights. Wish you wouldn’t have cancelled CSI Miami.