Dallas: Should the TNT Series Be Renewed for Season Three?

Dallas cancel or renewed for season 3?This evening, TNT airs the final two episodes of Dallas’ second season and, unlike the price of oil, the ratings have been down. Will the TV series return for a third season or will it be cancelled instead?

The new Dallas picks up several years after the original show ended. Time has passed but the Ewings and the Barnes are still at each others’ throats. And, though Larry Hagman passed away, there’s still plenty of drama at Southfork. The cast includes Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe, Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo, Brenda Strong, Mitch Pileggi, Emma Bell, Kuno Becker, and Judith Light.

Last season, the new Dallas was one of TNT’s most-watched dramas, averaging 4.42 million viewers and a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic.

This time around, the ratings weren’t so hot. The second season has averaged 2.64 million with a 0.8 demo rating. The numbers spiked for the JR Ewing funeral episode but they went back down the following week.

While the ratings admittedly haven’t been as strong this time around, Dallas is still TNT’s best performing show right now. Both Monday Mornings and Southland have only been averaging about 1.4 million viewers.

The cable channel also knows that the show is facing a lot more competition at this time of year — compared to when the first season aired last summer.

While TNT hasn’t cancelled or renewed Dallas yet, it seems very likely that the Ewings will return for another round of in-fighting and deception.

What do you think? Would you like to see Dallas return? Is the show as enjoyable as it once was? Should TNT move it back to summer?

Canceled and renewed TV show

975 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. kelly says

yes please bring back dallas for another season. i loved watching the old series now the new season is great john ross is just like his father

2. Tami says

Have watched every episode from the very beginning of Dallas since I was a little girl. Now my son is hooked also!! Please renew!!

3. Kelly Partridge says

Please, Please renew Dallas!! I Grew Up WaTching It, And Even Though There Are Only A Few Characters From The Original Show, I Love The onEs That have Been Choosen For The Other Characters Especially Christopher ANd John RoSs!!!!! Please Dont Take It Off The Air,Monday Nights At 9:00 Pm Est IsA Great Time For The Show!!!

4. Mark says

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz renew Dallas!!! Best show on television!!! Superb writing, outstanding acting and simply second to none!!!

5. Anonymous says

Renew it! I look forward to Monday nights to watch Dallas. I love this show. It keeps getting better and better.

6. Mary miller Dallas Texas says

Yes please renew Dallas as you see I am from Dallas and I really do like it I think you should let the next gerantion take its turn I also think you should let it be on in the summer when all of the other shows are on summer break. Please renew it for the city of Dallas Texas and also for the people of Dallas this show has let people know that Dallas is not all like people thought we were it has let them know that Dallas is a city of different culture and different things . Thank you for letting me write this.

7. DIX says

WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT COME BACK AGAIN. THE ONLY PROBLEM I SEE IS NOT ENOUGH ADVERTISING BEFORE IT STARTED… FEW OF MY FRIENDS, DIDN’T EVEN KNOW IT STARTED… SO, PLEASE START THE CAMPAIGNING AHEAD OF TIME

8. Corey says

Please Please Please Renew Dallas this is my favorite show. I couldnt stand not being able to see a season 3 awesome job on both seasons! Keep them coming

9. Barbara Gaston says

TNT, Please, Please renew Dallas for a third (3rd) season. The actors and actresses are terrific along with the writing. Please bring it back for the summer. I’ve watched Dallas from the beginning and it has gotten even better. TNT you have a certifible hit on your hands.

10. Heather says

Yes please bring it back lot’s of story line and the characters have solid ground Hagman would be proud in it’s rebirth and continuing sagas including the Barnes Ewing feud!