Devious Maids: Renewed for Second Season by Lifetime

devious maids season twoLate last month, we reported that Devious Maids had been renewed for a second season. I was a little suspect of the source but Lifetime has now made it official.

Season two of Devious Maids will kick off sometime in 2014 with 13 new episodes.

Rob Sharenow, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Lifetime, said, “One of the most daring series on television, Devious Maids has quickly become a hit. We are very proud of the show and are delighted to continue our partnership with Marc Cherry, Eva Longoria, Sabrina Wind, ABC Studios and Televisa USA. I am thrilled we are bringing Devious Maids back for a second season to lead our scripted slate in 2014.” said Sharenow.

Devious Maids started slowly with 1.99 million viewers but has been slowly building its audience. At the end of July, the new series hit a high of 2.88 million.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Devious Maids is coming back next year? Would you like to see any changes?

21 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Manuel Sanchez says

This is Manuel Sanchez mother On his facebook I’m so excited that devious maids is coming back love the show but sad client list isn’t coming back that was a Super aShow

2. Sandrose says

I love the show, I can not wait to see what is going to happen to Rosie and her son. I am so glad the show has been renewed.

3. Stephanie says

Yes.Yes.Yes. Absolutely love Devious maids. My sister had me watch it after the season started and I was hook from the 1st episode I seen. It held my interest and I am happy to see a show with a host of unique characters playing lead roles!
    Bravissima Lifetime : )

4. Mary says

The week can’t go by fast enough till the next episode. This is the BEST show on TV. Way to go Eva. Your show rocks!!!! I hope it gets renewed for many, many, many more seasons!!!!

5. says

I love this show, I was sad when Desparate Housewives ended but Marc Cherry has done it again! He sure knows how to write. Can’t wait till the next season, but why do we have to wait until 2014 for the new episodes?

6. Leigh Ann von Hoelle says

My new “must see” show each week. Glad it’s renewing for next year. I think this is going to catch on…Everyone i tell has got hooked too.