Drop Dead Diva: Lifetime Series Cancelled; No Season Five?

Drop Dead Diva canceledLifetime has decided to cancel Drop Dead Diva after four seasons on the air.

Debuting in July 2009, Drop Dead Diva begins as a vapid aspiring model named Deb is killed in a car accident. Unhappy with her prospects in heaven, she finds herself sent back to Earth and ends up in the body of a recently deceased lawyer, Jane (Brooke Elliott). Deb must now deal with being in the body of her complete opposite –someone who’s brilliant, hard-working, charitable, and overweight.

Others in the cast have included Margaret Cho, April Bowlby, Kate Levering, Jackson Hurst, Josh Stamberg, Ben Feldman, Lex Medlin, and Carter MacIntyre.

The fourth season finished airing on September 9th and averaged 2.3 million viewers with a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was slighly better than the performance of the third season — 2.26 million with a 0.7 in the demo. The cable channel reportedly tried to get a boost in the ratings this season by adding Kim Kardashian in a recurring role but that move obvioulsy didn’t have much of an impact.

Lifetime was supposedly holding off on making a decision on Diva’s future until they saw some of their current pilots. One can assume that, since they’ve cancelled Drop Dead Diva, they liked what they saw.

Word is that Sony Pictures TV may try to find another home for the series. Josh Berman created the show and FOX recently cancelled his other program, The Mob Doctor.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Drop Dead Diva has been cancelled? Would you watch it on another station?

tina February 23, 2013 at 2:19 pm

PLEASE BRING IT BACK! I LOVE IT!

donna February 23, 2013 at 1:33 am

please keep this series going. its one of my favorites. it would be a definate tragedy to cancel it now. i dont care which tv station aires it. just keep the public posted.

Anonymous February 22, 2013 at 10:04 pm

I cannot believe they would end it like they did. Please
Bring it back!!!!

Cyndi Ramirez February 22, 2013 at 9:03 pm

I hate that this show has been canceled. I hope it gets picked up on another station.

Anonymous February 22, 2013 at 11:21 am

They could of at least had a final one for us! Hate when networks do that !

S February 21, 2013 at 10:14 am

Please bring it back anywhere. I miss it so much. I absolutely love the show and couldn’t believe Lifetime cancelled it.

Martha McLemore February 21, 2013 at 12:22 am

I love Drop Dead Diva! I have watched every season of it. Please bring it back somewhere. Then be sure to post it online and on tv and let us know where it is so that we can see it. Thanks. LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brenda February 20, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Would definitely watch on another station. DVR it also to watch again during the off season. Brooke Elliott is a talented woman. Enjoyed her singing. Enjoyed the whole cast. Disappointed it was cancelled.

B February 20, 2013 at 3:24 pm

I would definitely watch the show on a different network. Love it!

Loretta Pietrowicz February 20, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I can’t believe they are canceling Drop Dead Diva. This was the only show that made women with a more volupuous body feel sexy and sure of herself. I would difinitely watch it on another channel if someone esle bought the series. I love this show!

TravelGal February 19, 2013 at 11:36 pm

PLEASE bring it back somewhere! Anywhere! My daughter and I love this show!

joan February 19, 2013 at 8:50 pm

loved it!

joan stevens February 19, 2013 at 8:47 pm

I loved Drop Dead Diva. Yes, I would watch it whatever channel it would be on. Bring it back——LOVED IT!

dartha February 18, 2013 at 2:56 pm

I liked the show very much and hope another network picks it up. I will certainly watch it.

Mel February 18, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Yes, I will watch on any network! This is a wonderful show. This is one of the very few shows on television that my young daughter and I can both watch together. It would be a shame to terminate it. Not only is it very entertaining (I love Stacy) but my daughter has learned so much about self-worth, friendship, and love during the past four seasons. Very valuable lessons not just for pre-teen girls but for the whole family. We need more shows like this on television. PLEASE transfer to another network!!!!!