Drop Dead Diva: Cancelled Show’s Creator Still Hopeful About Season Five

drop dead diva Though Lifetime has cancelled Drop Dead Diva after four seasons, show creator Josh Berman is still hopeful that there will be a fifth season.

In a recent interview, Berman said that he was “completely shocked and blindsided” by the cancellation and notes that “a lot of channels have expressed interest.”

He also says that Drop Dead Diva’s studio, Sony, is being “smart and aggressive. They will find a home. It could go back on Lifetime. They’ve given me nothing but positive feedback. I like the people over there. It’s got a good audience on Lifetime. Nothing’s being ruled out.”

Berman shared that he’s continuing to write scripts for a fifth season and keeps tabs on potential guest stars. The sets and wardrobe also continue to be stored in Peachtree City in Georgia where the show was filmed.

While he is thinking positively about the show’s chances for survival, Berman notes, “We need to resolve this real quickly.”

What do you think? Do you think Drop Dead Diva will be back for a fifth season? On Lifetime or another channel?

Canceled and renewed TV show

50 Comments on "Drop Dead Diva: Cancelled Show’s Creator Still Hopeful About Season Five"

Notify of

Nancy
Nancy
September 5, 2013 8:09 pm

Please bring back Drop Dead Diva..
.it’s a fun show to watch. Can’t say this about many shows on tv.

Stephanie
May 26, 2013 9:06 pm

Please bring back Drop Dead Diva for another season! I love that show! Thank~You.

Stephanie
Stephanie
May 26, 2013 9:05 pm

Please bring back Drop Dead Diva for another season! i love that show! thank~You!

MJ
MJ
April 14, 2013 10:36 pm

Bring the show back! We need a season 5!!

Tawny Villalobos
Tawny Villalobos
February 25, 2013 9:50 am

Bring it back, bring it back, bring it back!! I have been going through withdrawal symptoms as it is, please don’t put me in a depression! πŸ˜‰

Chelsea
Chelsea
February 23, 2013 10:00 am

DROP DEAD DIVA IS AMAZING BRING IT BACK

norgemtgal
norgemtgal
February 20, 2013 12:18 am

I guarantee you that Lifetime will lose this viewer. I’ve had enough of the crap television that this network airs. DDD was the only reason I tuned in…now if it goes, I go.

Laura
Laura
February 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Please find a way to bring it back!

lynn
February 11, 2013 8:49 pm
I am sick my husband just looked up the show to find out the date and time for this seasons show. He looked over at me as if someone i knew may have passed away. He said come here you need to look at this yourself. I am sure I have read it wrong, but he hadn’t. He is sick as I am . What could lifetime be thinking as far as I am concerned as of late Drop Dead Diva is possibly one of the only shows they have left to watch. As I read on one of the… Read more Β»
sonya
sonya
May 28, 2013 10:37 pm

I think it really it is ****** of life time to cancel a great show but all the networks are doing it all the want to show is realty shows an I think thadontt most people are getting tired of them we just want a show that is down to earth and funny that can escape from all b.s. and stuped stuff on tv

Terri
February 10, 2013 10:13 pm

I agree, PLEASE PLEASE bring the show back! It was a good light hearted show which we need instead of more stupid reality shows or blood and guts shows. We have too much of that in our lives.

Tawny Villalobos
Tawny Villalobos
February 25, 2013 9:51 am

EXACTLY!!

Deb
Deb
February 10, 2013 10:59 am

Please bring the show back! It is light and unique while not backing away from serious topics. I would also love to see the developments from the finale evolve. My inner toddler is stomping her foot and throwing a tantrum about this!

Su
Su
February 8, 2013 12:51 pm
Su
Su
February 8, 2013 12:50 pm

Drop Dead Diva is BY FAR the best show Lifetime had to offer. To cancel it with a cliffhanger AND leaving its fans hanging as well is BAD FORM. This show is a HIT, why would anyone want to rid themselves from a HIT like it is beyond reasoning. Bring back our DIVA and the entire cast. Never missed an episode and we deserve more Drop Dead Diva!!!!!!!!

Lorelie
Lorelie
February 10, 2013 11:14 am

I agree!!!! Never missed an episode, probably canceling cause there wasn’t enough car chases and gun fire… why when networks have great shows with a different type of premise can’t we just keep them around!!!! Really gonna miss it!

Martesa
Martesa
February 8, 2013 2:11 am

Bring this back!! I’ve been waiting to see when this was coming back on, only to find out it’s CANCELLED!!! This show has had its ups and downs, but in general, it’s got a good heart and I really like it. Please bring this back!

Lynn
Lynn
February 7, 2013 4:11 pm

Sorry for being stupid but…………….IT WAS CANCELLED???!!!!!!! I’ve been waiting for it to come back on!!!!! One of my absolute favorite shows! Even my husband was watching it. It needs to find a home….I don’t care what channel! I miss my Divas. πŸ™

1 2 3