Drop Dead Diva: Cancelled Show’s Creator Still Hopeful About Season Five

drop dead diva Though Lifetime has cancelled Drop Dead Diva after four seasons, show creator Josh Berman is still hopeful that there will be a fifth season.

In a recent interview, Berman said that he was “completely shocked and blindsided” by the cancellation and notes that “a lot of channels have expressed interest.”

He also says that Drop Dead Diva’s studio, Sony, is being “smart and aggressive. They will find a home. It could go back on Lifetime. They’ve given me nothing but positive feedback. I like the people over there. It’s got a good audience on Lifetime. Nothing’s being ruled out.”

Berman shared that he’s continuing to write scripts for a fifth season and keeps tabs on potential guest stars. The sets and wardrobe also continue to be stored in Peachtree City in Georgia where the show was filmed.

While he is thinking positively about the show’s chances for survival, Berman notes, “We need to resolve this real quickly.”

What do you think? Do you think Drop Dead Diva will be back for a fifth season? On Lifetime or another channel?

Nancy September 5, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Please bring back Drop Dead Diva..
.it’s a fun show to watch. Can’t say this about many shows on tv.

Stephanie May 26, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Please bring back Drop Dead Diva for another season! I love that show! Thank~You.

Stephanie May 26, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Please bring back Drop Dead Diva for another season! i love that show! thank~You!

MJ April 14, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Bring the show back! We need a season 5!!

Tawny Villalobos February 25, 2013 at 9:50 am

Bring it back, bring it back, bring it back!! I have been going through withdrawal symptoms as it is, please don’t put me in a depression! ;)

Chelsea February 23, 2013 at 10:00 am

DROP DEAD DIVA IS AMAZING BRING IT BACK

norgemtgal February 20, 2013 at 12:18 am

I guarantee you that Lifetime will lose this viewer. I’ve had enough of the crap television that this network airs. DDD was the only reason I tuned in…now if it goes, I go.

Laura February 15, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Please find a way to bring it back!

lynn February 11, 2013 at 8:49 pm

I am sick my husband just looked up the show to find out the date and time for this seasons show. He looked over at me as if someone i knew may have passed away. He said come here you need to look at this yourself. I am sure I have read it wrong, but he hadn’t. He is sick as I am . What could lifetime be thinking as far as I am concerned as of late Drop Dead Diva is possibly one of the only shows they have left to watch. As I read on one of the other comments we have enough reality in our own lives all those reality shows they are running are just as ignorant as they can be . Then lets not forget the movie. If they are not reruns of old movies back to back they are she left him, the nanny left with him etc. Drop Dead Diva is light airy and has just been fun. I am sure you will get a lot more comments. I am on the phone with all my friends now. These would be friends that spend money on products sponsors of the show advertise.

sonya May 28, 2013 at 10:37 pm

I think it really it is shitty of life time to cancel a great show but all the networks are doing it all the want to show is realty shows an I think thadontt most people are getting tired of them we just want a show that is down to earth and funny that can escape from all b.s. and stuped stuff on tv

Terri February 10, 2013 at 10:13 pm

I agree, PLEASE PLEASE bring the show back! It was a good light hearted show which we need instead of more stupid reality shows or blood and guts shows. We have too much of that in our lives.

Tawny Villalobos February 25, 2013 at 9:51 am