Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Canceled and renewed TV show

365 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Claude says

What is wrong with your network? You are canceling a great show. Until I discovered Emily Owens I never watched the CW. I was surprised to find such a quality show on your schedule, just another UHF station conversion with sham wow commercials, teen movies and 15 year old re-runs. Emily Owens is a class act; hopefully it will be picked up by another network with a larger viewer base.

2. tori nichols says

Unfortunately, I didn’t discover Emily Owens M.D. until the week of Thanksgiving but my interest in the show grew each week. I told my friends and family during the holidays to be sure & watch the series when it returned after the holiday break and now learn it has been cancelled. I just don’t understand how the network can cancel after 2 months. Some shows just take a little longer to find an audience- remember “Cheers”. I’m so sorry this isn’t going to continue because it was funny, heart warming and had a great cast & was so well written. I hope some other network will pick it up.

3. kat says

1st u cancel one tree hill one of my favorite show and now u cancel this show I might go on strike and not watch CW anymore

4. liz says

Please save this show,it is funny ,keeps you on your toes ,give you hope and you get to root for the under dog. No more violence ,killing shows or shows about rich kids who get everything they want. Please keep Emily Owens MD the ratings will go up you will see.

5. Laura says

No! This is very disheartening! I very rarely get into television shows, but with Emily Owens I look forward to watching! I never miss it and am very sad to hear this! It is such a refreshing show as opposed to many other raunchy shows today. I will continue to avidly watch until it flat lines. :'(

6. Amanda says

I love this show! I think it just needs a little more time to have a chance! I’m so sorry to see this show get cancelled. I’m hoping that the ratings may pick up with the last few shows and they will reconsider. Networks cancel shows to prematurely now a days!!!!

7. Michael says

My wife and I have been watching the show and were sorry to see it cancelled. Ive heard all the arguments about the time slot and demographics, I agree that no show should have been launched in that slot but disagree that it was seniors who didnt watch, My wife and I are in our 60’s and never missed an episode. Too bad the network wont relaunch it at a better time. We liked it!!!

8. Joanne Miller says

Why oh why are they canceling the good shows..my god I am so sick of weight lose, reality, cooking and love match shows. Finally an entertaining show with substance and the nit wit network big wigs ax it…bad bad move..will be watching more cable shows..networks can kiss off

9. Paula says

I can’t believe they canceled this show! I love it, I used to be a huge fan of Grey’s Anatomy and is my opinion this show turned out to be way better. You guys need to bring Emily Owens back. The show is funny, interesting I just love it!!!

10. aaliyah says

Hi,

I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recently signed:

i love this so very much because I can express myself recognize emily because things and I’m almost grown and it’s funny I’m still learning what the show’s stories lines are great and love this series stop the Please do not the series I live in the Netherlands and we do not have good series like this does not stop this pleassssss
    “Resuscitate Emily Owens MD”

I really think this is an important cause, and I’d like to encourage you to add your signature, too. It’s free and takes just a few seconds of your time.

Thanks!

11. R Mayer says

Very sorry the show has been cancelled as it is favorite. Never miss it and look forward to the show each week. Hope it gets picked up by another network as would be a shame if it is dropped.

12. R Mayer says

Very sad to hear that Emily Owens has been cancelled. Look forward to the show each week and never miss it. Sure hope someone picks it up.

13. RSP says

So sad to hear that Emilt Owens has been cancelled! It is one if the best new shows. Mamie is a fantastic actress! Hope another network picks it up

• diane says

WOW! Cant believe such a smart , well played show is gone! Love Mamie, watched her on Off the Map, love her on Good Wife . This show needs to come back . Will miss it alot.