FOX 2013-14 Season Ratings

fox-tv-show-ratingsMany of FOX‘s series have already been renewed for another season. What does the future hold for the rest of their TV shows? Cancelled or renewed for 2014-15? We’ll have to wait and see.

FOX shows this season (so far): 24: Live Another Day, Almost Human, American Dad!, American Idol, Bob’s Burgers, Bones, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, Dads, Enlisted, Family Guy, The Following, Gang Related, Glee, Hell’s Kitchen, Hotel Hell, I Wanna Marry “Harry”, Kitchen Nightmares, MasterChef, MasterChef Junior, The Mindy Project, New Girl, Rake, Raising Hope, Riot, The Simpsons, Sleepy Hollow, So You Think You Can Dance, Surviving Jack, and The X Factor.

Note: You can find the 2014-15 rankings here.

How does FOX decide what to cancel or renew? They look at a lot of different factors but the ratings play a very large role. The higher the ratings, the better chances a show has of surviving.

Check the other networks’ season rankings: ABC | CBS | The CW | NBC

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here and here.

A couple of notes about these charts:
These figures are updated automatically as new ratings are released. The averages are based on the final national numbers (live plus same day viewing), unless marked with an asterisk (*). For technical reasons, I have to resort them manually so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

Keep in mind that the demo numbers are typically what’s most important to advertisers. Therefore, that’s how the networks measure success. Advertisers pay more for ad time on a show that has a higher demo rating. Because older viewers don’t count? No, it’s because younger viewers watch less traditional TV and are therefore supposedly harder to reach.

Demo numbers are typically reported using the 10ths decimal place (2.4, for example). In the averages, I’m using an extra decimal for easier ranking.

The networks take into account when shows air on Fridays and Saturdays, nights when TV viewership is lower.

What do you think? Which shows are you rooting for? Which one isn’t as big a hit as you thought? Are you hoping any series will get cancelled to make room for something else?

Canceled and renewed TV show

Melissa May 20, 2015 at 4:06 pm

They need to keep The Following on tv as there are so few “quality” shows on anymore with actual talented actors and worth watching. I’m among some of the people in the world who are SICK to death of reality tv. Fox has made a grave mistake.

Madeline May 12, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Someone told me The Following is going to be canceled.
Hope this is not true, it is my favorite show!

Silkfeather April 21, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Fox has had lots of GREAT Shows that before they get going or if they have been on 4-5 years, just when people start to really enjoy them, they cancel it. It stinks, overtime they get a show I love before I know it they take it away. I’m getting to the point of saying why watch FOX because they are just going to cancel it anyway. This last season there have only been 2 or 3 shows altogether that I would even watch, because most of them suck. They cancel every show I have ever liked, why bother. I’ve mostly turned the nob to CBS ABC or anything else. FOX has gone down hill when they got new management. See where it is now compared to 4 or 5 years ago. DOWN HILL.

Joe April 22, 2015 at 9:23 am

I really loved Enlisted! I don’t like the way FOX handled this awesome show, putting it on Friday nights and expecting it to do well was not a good idea and the four Sunday’s it was on, hardly anyone knew it was on, or people didn’t want to invest in a show that was already cancelled. I’m here to tell you “Enlisted” was golden! “Enlisted” was FOX’s meal ticket and they didn’t know it. The best show, the best cast, the best creators , the best writers. I can go on and on about how great and how much I miss “Enlisted”. If they could bring it back that would be my suggestion.

Yandough January 30, 2015 at 6:15 am

So you think you can dance has been renewed for a 12th season.

admin January 30, 2015 at 8:15 am

This post is no longer being updated but I’ve noted it. Thanks.

curlee jr January 14, 2015 at 4:50 pm

when can we expect to see 24 live another day renewed and when will it return?

Barbara J December 31, 2014 at 7:35 pm

I don’t see Gotham nor do I see The Red Band Society, where are they? If they are on a list of undecided then go on and decide “YES!” I love, love, love these shows and can’t wait for their new seasons. To finally have shows that’s built around young people with hope (RED BAND) and a police department that shows both sides of it (GOTHAM), was really great to me. Please, please bring them back

admin January 1, 2015 at 10:33 am

Gotham and Red Band Society are part of the 2014-15 season. http://wp.me/pcisc-8Ou

Daryl December 15, 2014 at 6:16 pm

FOX will keep us nail-biting til the last minute on “24 Live Another Day” renewal. Watched the 12 episodes back-to-back on YouTube (just recently uploaded), and it’s still a rare sign of intelligence. No more food, reality, make-believe/fantasy-land shows – need substance and reality!
PLEEEAAASSE bring it back!!

Babs December 12, 2014 at 1:07 pm

GRACEPOINT, FANTASTIC STORYLINE
GRACEPOINT, ACTORS ARE REAL
GRACEPOINT, BEST I HAVE SEEN IN LONG TIME
GRACEPOINT, consider giving trip to set location for PR

Babs December 12, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Please, please do not cancel! Is one of the best, give it more time to settle in and MORE PR!!!! How about a contest to visit island(?) where it is filmed. Story line and every actor just draw you in… If possible an email letting me know when or if new season begins would be great.

Solomon Gibson III December 6, 2014 at 10:23 am

‘Almost Human’ is 5th in desired demo, 4th in overall viewership. How/why did it get cancelled before the 9 renewed shows that were doing worse?

Joey Heise November 5, 2014 at 1:30 am

Enlisted is the best show Fox has had in a long time, it never got a chance. Please Fox put Enlisted on DVD! I’m begging you!

Jojo October 31, 2014 at 12:40 am

Where’s Gotham at?

admin October 31, 2014 at 6:55 am

On the 2014-15 list http://wp.me/pcisc-8Ou

Mel September 24, 2014 at 2:11 am

LOVED – ALMOST HUMAN – LOVED

Anonymous November 2, 2014 at 12:30 pm

me too

Mel September 24, 2014 at 2:08 am

I honestly cannot understand why every awesome new TV show
Gets canceled.
It’s really upsetting, especially when we are left to wonder
What happens next. Too bad because its been taken from us.
Sorry, it just makes me mad.
No offence to anyone, just saying my opinion. Thanks :)

mekmek2000 September 17, 2014 at 4:54 pm

I loved watching gang related. I started watching the show about 3 weeks after it started but I was hooked. I want to see the show continue. Maybe another network will pick the show up.