Golden Boy

Golden Boy TV showNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: February 26, 2013 – May 14, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Theo James, Chi McBride, Kevin Alejandro, Bonnie Somerville, Holt McCallany and Stella Maeve.

current TV show

TV show description:
This dramatic series follows the fast rise (from age 26 to 34) of an ambitious cop who becomes the youngest police commissioner in the history of New York City — and the high personal and professional cost he pays to achieve it.

As Walter William Clark Jr. (Theo James) is interviewed for a story about his career, he looks back on his hard-fought journey from street kid to the most powerful man in law enforcement.

After only three years as a beat cop, Clark’s heroics on the job make him bold enough to ask for and receive the unheard-of promotion to homicide detective, angering the members of his new department who are eager to see him fail.

Clark is partnered with and mentored by experienced veteran Detective Don Owen (Chi McBride), a man just two years shy of retirement.

He would rather team with First Grade Detective Christian Arroyo (Kevin Alejandro), the alpha dog in the squad who’s just as ambitious as Clark — but without a moral center. Arroyo’s partner is Detective Deborah McKenzie (Bonnie Somerville), a tough third-generation cop and the only female detective in the unit.

Also on the team is Detective Joe Diaco (Holt McCallany), a well-connected officer with tremendous resources (which Clark might find useful). Though laser-focused on moving up the ladder, Clark’s soft spot is serving as the sole caregiver and supporter of his sister, Agnes (Stella Maeve) — a teenager demonstrating increasingly dangerous behavior.

Keenly observant and politically savvy, “Golden Boy” Clark bases his career decisions solely on his need to succeed as quickly as possible, and he’ll find that his epic journey will be filled with consequences.
space

Series Finale

Episode #13 — Next Question
Limited by his suspension and relegated to desk duty, Clark delves into Owen’s cold case in which the murder investigation of a construction worker, Jozef Dworaczyk, was compromised by the events of 9/11 happening simultaneously. Andrew Lightstone, Owen’s partner and mentor, was with him on the case and was called up to the North Towers leaving Owen to work the case on his own. That was the last time Owen saw Lightstone.

Clark notes the lack of shell casings and no reports of shots fired to speculate that a contract hit man could have been used. He and Owen confront the drug dealer whose crack house served as the crime scene about the similar way in which his rivals were killed, and the dealer reveals the name of the hit man he suspects had targeted him but mistook Dworaczyk for him instead.

When they track down the hit man, Owen coerces him to confess to fifteen murders including Dworaczyk’s and is rewarded with a promotion. Clark is perturbed when he discovers that three men were wrongly imprisoned for three of those murders and Commissioner Dowdell tells him to disregard his findings.

Lorraine kicks Arroyo out of the house after she discovers that he’s been cheating on her. Meanwhile, Clark’s father persuades Agnes to drive away with him and a volatile Deputy Mayor Holbrook confronts Clark and Margot with a gun.
First aired: May 14, 2013

space
What do you think? Do you like the Golden Boy TV series? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled and there won’t be a second season?

Theresa May 14, 2013 at 6:33 pm

I don’t get it!! I loved this show!!!

James Brown May 14, 2013 at 2:19 pm

This show is unique in how it approaches the story line. Excellent casting and scripts. Please give this show another season to find its audience.

carol May 14, 2013 at 12:32 pm

This is a shame move on the network…this is a show worth keeping and needs another season.

raerae May 14, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I am getting sick of the same shows every year. This was a fresh story line on how it developed over 7 years. Now that you canceled the show, your faithful viewers will not be able to see it till its finally. I am sick of reality shows. I think that who ever decides what shows stay and go needs to go. Reality shows are bringing down the quality of TV. I am getting tired of the shows that I love to watch get axed every year and then you continue to keep the crap around. I wonder if you even watch the shows or if you see numbers and go with the cheapest, poor quality ones. I am thinking that maybe I and the other faithful should just stop watching your network and find another that may continue to keep quality shows instead of bargain basement ones!

jane May 14, 2013 at 12:03 pm

why are all the good shows cancelled? My friends and I look forward to seeing this every week.

jane May 14, 2013 at 12:01 pm

please do not cancel this show. It is one of the few on TV that is so good!!!It is so well acted, and so much better than so many that were kept.

barbara May 14, 2013 at 11:31 am

One of the best new shows. Would like to see another season or more. I do not watch your reality shows or your comedy.

barbara May 14, 2013 at 11:25 am

One of the best new shows. Would like to see another

Noelle May 14, 2013 at 10:10 am

This is one show that my husband and I actually sit down t0gether to watch weekly. Our kids are in bed and we have time to relax on Tuesday nights watching Golden Boy. We both say all the time how much we love the show! Hearing of it’s cancellation really upset me. CBS Execs are really starting to deter me from watching any new shows that come on their network.

charlotte May 13, 2013 at 9:03 pm

enjoyed the show. shouldn’t be cancelled.

DM May 13, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Why are good shows cancelled and all of these stupid reality shows stay. We all know that each reality show is scripted. Goden Boy was a fresh approach to police shows. Please keep it going.

Sharron Hewston May 13, 2013 at 5:32 am

PLEASE do NOT cancel Golden Boy … For once, in a very long while … YOU GOT IT RIGHT this time with GOLDEN BOY and the Characters … They are perfect! Everyone I know Loves this series … NO ONE wants to watch more GOOFY COMEDIES! We actually wait anxiously to watch the next episode of this series … PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS TV SERIES! Greatly disappointed in North Eatern New York State!

LEO May 13, 2013 at 1:29 am

Dear Sirs and Madams

Please do not cancel Golden Boy! It will destroy my mother! We watch this show faithfully every Tuesday to see what real life stories, struggles the writers are going to touch on. We love Theo James and Chi McBride what a great team! A long with the rest of the cast. We want to know what happens in the next 7 yrs. Just so you know there is another show on at the same time and I have to record it. Because I will not miss Golden Boy. Please not cancel it

Lady Affinity May 12, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I seriously hope you reconsider the fate of this show. Looking at your entire lineup you have a bunch of 1/2 half hour comedies which do not interest anyone in my household at all and a bunch of reality shows which we refuse to watch because they are just insulting to anyone with an intelligent brain. You have barely over a half dozen decent dramas on for those of us who would like to be entertained in the evenings with an actual storyline. The 9 million viewers of this show are important and I hope you will give serious consideration to us and give this show another season to prove itself. The characters and storylines were just starting to come together nicely into what I think would have become a great show for many seasons. I had to stop watching the Mentalist because seriously 6 seasons and you are still in a storyline with Red John – I am sick of Red John. I love every single character on the show and I think the actors are sensational but the Red John storyline has been run into the ground. I am also seriously considering giving up on another favorite Criminal Minds because I am incensed at the whole Spencer/Mave storyline – to kill her off has left no where for Spencer to go romantically in my opinion (she was his absolute equal) and he is the character that I was most invested in, rooted for, identified with and looked forward to seeing each week. The writers cannot go anywhere with him now, if they put him with anyone else it won’t work, they basically castrated him. I think I saw in the credits that he wrote and/or directed those episodes. I honestly don’t know what Matthew was thinking but I would really like to know. It has ruined the show for me and I was speaking with my Mom about it and she said she felt the same. Now if you mess with Person of Interest I will never tune to your station again – plain and simple!

r. landry May 12, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Golden Boy, this is a great show. Don’t cancel! I look forward to watching weekly. Vegas is also worthy of watching.