Happily Divorced: Season Three Decision Coming

happily divorced canceled or renewed for season 3?Many fans of Happily Divorced have been anxiously waiting for TV Land to decide the sitcom’s fate. Will the show be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

According to a Facebook response from executive producer and co-creator Peter Marc Jacobson, the cable channel won’t be making a decision until July. TV Land execs likely want to see how the current crop of sitcoms performs before deciding.

Starring Fran Drescher, John Michael Higgins, Tichina Arnold, Rita Moreno, Valente Rodriguez and Robert Walden, Happily Divorced debuted in 2011.

The 10 episodes of season one performed very well for TV Land, averaging 1.69 million viewers and a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic. The series was renewed for a second season of 12 episodes.

Season two debuted in March 2012 and didn’t perform as well, at least in part because the series had to compete with regular season programming on the major networks. Still, TV Land ordered 12 more episodes for season two (Drescher and Jacobson initially called the order a third season renewal).

Those episodes finished airing in February 2013 and season two ended up averaging 1.1 million with a 0.3 in the demo — significantly lower than season one.

TV Land has renewed worse performing shows in the past but, for whatever reason, we’ll have to wait until July to see if they want to order a third season of Happily Divorced.

What do you think? Should TV Land renew Happily Divorced for season three or cancel it instead? Is the sitcom still worth watching?

Canceled and renewed TV show

64 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Geri says

I cannot believe TV Land is considering dropping Happily Divorced. It is my favorite comedy in their line up! Please, please, PLEASE bring it back!

2. David Reina says

Happily Divorced was the first new show on TV Land that I found myself hooked on. I would not go so far as to say addicted to but at least hooked on. Not even Hot in Cleveland could do that although Hot in Cleveland also had me laughing. The difference for me are the characters. They are both funny shows but Happily Divorced is the only one where I am interested in the characters and like who they are. That is what makes Happily Divorced unique among TV Land’s current line up. Happily Divorced gives me a reason to watch TV Land regularly and should the show go away, so will I.

3. horizonrusted says

There’s not a single series left on any of the major networks that I watch regularly, but I’ve actually found myself watching this show & laughing. The guy that plays her husband is a real find. The whole series reminds me of a Three’s Company-type show; doesn’t have to be compelling or have a message, it just has to make us laugh.

4. Charles Shaunesse says

Please renew this show it is absolutely funny, possibly funnier than “The Nanny”! I think the show would benefit if it aired before “Hot in Cleveland” or even before “The Exes”.

5. Tammy Wallace says

Re new it! Need I say more? And while I’m here get rid of Golden Girls and put Raymond back on where it was

6. Ronnie DeMaio says

Renew Happily Divorced. You broke many hearts when you took this great happy loving funny full of goodness show away. Give it a chance, let all the fans have a chance to pass the word about this show. Are you kidding , asap and its gone. Bring it back , It will be a huge success . I have not seen such great acting and laughter since Friends and Raymond. BIG mistake if you don’t bring back Happily Divorced.

• Thelma32 says

Please renew Happily Divorced!! It is such a wonderful show. Fran Drescher is a modern day Lucy. She’s a treasure.