How I Met Your Mother

How I Met Your Mother TV show on CBS (ended)Network: CBS
Episodes: 208 (half-hour)
Seasons: Nine

TV show dates: September 19, 2005 — March 31, 2014
Series status: Ended

Performers include: Josh Radnor, Jason Segel, Cobie Smulders, Neil Patrick Harris, Alyson Hannigan, Lyndsy Fonseca, David Henrie, Cristin Milioti, and Bob Saget (voice only).

TV show description:
A sitcom that’s best described as “a love story in reverse.” The series begins in the year 2030, with Ted Mosby (voiced by Bob Saget) telling his teenage children the story of how he met and fell in love with their mother.

The story he relates begins in 2005 with 27-year-old architect Ted (Josh Radnor) sharing an apartment with best friend and law student Marshall Eriksen (Jason Segel) and kindergarten teacher Lily Aldrin (Alyson Hannigan). After a long courtship, Marshall proposes to Lily and Ted starts to focus on finding his own soul mate — much to the disgust of his successful and womanizing friend Barney Stinson (Neil Patrick Harris).

Soon afterward, Ted meets TV reporter Robin Scherbatsky (Cobie Smulders) and immediately falls in love with her. Though Ted and Robin date, it’s made clear from the pilot episode that she isn’t his eventual bride.

Series Finale:
Episode #208 — Last Forever, part two
You can read a detailed description here.
First aired: March 31, 2014.

What do you think? Do you like the How I Met Your Mother TV series? Do you think it should have ended when it did? Would you like to see a reunion someday?

Canceled and renewed TV show

22 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. zach says

I liked everything but the last two episodes. idd like to have more episodes ofw hta happens in allt heir lives.

2. Bethany says

I didn’t know this show ended ethier. I didn’t get to see all the new episodes they showed and didn’t know what channel it was on. I loved the show it was really funny. Please continue making more episodes.

3. Bronco46 says

I liked the show a lot.
    I don’t think it should have ended when it did.
    I didn’t like the two final episodes.
    I liked all the original characters a lot.
    And; yes I’d like to some sort of reunion; or even a film.

4. Cathrin says

I love this show. It is the most interesting and funniest show that I’ve seen. I don’t ever want this show to end. When he tells who the mother is and it’s all over I will cry cuz my favourite show is over

5. Stevie Ray says

Who ended up being the mother? I thought it was going to be Robin but he refers to her as “Aunt” Robin….so, who was it?

6. Kathy says

Can’t wait to find out the identity of “Mrs. Ted’, but then the show would be over :( so, since i love the show, I hope that i don’t find out for many years…..

7. says

i let some friends borrow the first seaon and now they’re hooked..
    so finally they got it right.
    something everyone can laugh about!!!

8. tropicocity says

branimir you clearly have no sense of humor at all, this show is hilarious.

besides being damned funny, it has a LOT of heart – there’s real storyline to it and you get involved with the characters. screw you.

9. raoul says

uh ya i just started to watch this show and i just wanna say that i want to have its baby, yaa thats wuts up