Hung: Cancelled by HBO; No Season Four

HungRay Drecker may be very popular with the ladies but HBO doesn’t want a fourth season of his TV series. The pay-for-view channel has cancelled Hung after 30 episodes and three seasons on the air.

Hung stars Thomas Jane as a struggling Detroit high school baseball coach and divorced father. He resorts to male prostitution to take advantage of his natural “endowments.” The show’s cast includes Jane Adams, Anne Heche, Eddie Jemison, Rebecca Creskoff, Gregg Henry, Charlie Saxton, and Sianoa Smit-McPhee.

This past season, Hung averaged a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.02 million viewers. That’s way down from last season (1.3 in the demo with 2.46 million), which had declined from the 2009 numbers.

The defacto series finale of Hung aired on December 4th and attracted just a 0.4 rating and 930,000 viewers.

HBO has also cancelled Bored to Death and How to Make It in America but has chosen to renew Enlightened, the newest and lowest-rated of the four.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Hung has been cancelled, that there won’t be a fourth season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

118 Comments on "Hung: Cancelled by HBO; No Season Four"

Notify of

Debbie Bender
Debbie Bender
September 25, 2016 4:57 pm
My husband & I just watched all seasons of Hung & we loved it!! One of our favorite series!! These characters were so good & this is a happy show for everyone to watch. We are shocked that the decision was made to not have another season. Why?? What a mistake!!! People want to see more shows like this!! Please have another show with Tanya ,Ray & Lorraine as characters because all actors & actresses were so good but the top 3 I just mentioned were awesome!! Tanya was fantastic!!! Talk about a great actress!! Other 2 same….so good!! We… Read more »
Robert
Robert
September 23, 2016 9:20 pm

Sucks I just found out about the show in 2016 and absolutely love it. If I had known about ths show when it was airing I wouldnt have missed a single episode. I blame HBO for poor advertising on the numbers. Just binge watched all 3 seasons in 2 days and was totally bummed when I realized its not a current show but an old canceled one.

Tonya
Tonya
August 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Why!! You can’t just leave us hanging. Bring back Hung!

Steven
Steven
August 9, 2016 4:28 am

Bring back hung and Kevin hill

jorge ramos
jorge ramos
July 26, 2016 4:45 am

There has to be a 4th season you guys cancelled it with no ending

Nancy
Nancy
July 7, 2016 4:26 am

Loved this show – funny, refreshing, heart warming, empowering. wish they would have given it more of a chance – Had some top notch talent.

Charlene
Charlene
June 14, 2016 2:45 pm

I love Hung and wish there were more than three seasons.. I was hooked!!!

Meaux Alard
Meaux Alard
April 21, 2016 1:14 pm

Love it funny as he’ll

David
David
April 3, 2016 1:21 pm

I watch the shows on demand. Really like the show wish there were more seasons to come

Mel
Mel
February 9, 2016 4:02 am

I watched all three seasons on Amazon Prime and I absolutely LOVED this show! So addicting. Best show ever! I am so upset they aren’t making any more seasons!!! WHYYYYYYYYY

Jake
Jake
January 31, 2016 6:38 am

Damn shame, I enjoyed this show so much. To bad it didn’t have a great send off. Another season would end at least knot most cliffhangers.

Too bad their might never be another.

RD
RD
January 30, 2016 3:12 pm

Never watched on HBO, discovered on Amazon Prime, would love a fourth season or some closure to the many cliff hangers from season 3 finale

Sandy
Sandy
December 27, 2015 6:10 pm

I enjoyed the show and would like to see a 4th season.

Jessica
Jessica
December 9, 2015 6:30 pm

Please HBO, bring back “Hung” – it’s an awesome show! I used to watch it when it originally aired and recently found it again on Google Play. Three seasons is not enough! We want more and the sooner, the better!

Dee
Dee
November 26, 2015 10:57 pm

I’ve just found “Hung” and have been binge watching for the past week. How sad that the powers that be decided not to renew the show. I really do resent those who sit around in little board rooms and make unemotional decisions without a thought to the people who’ve become invested with the characters and story lines. I realize you can’t try and please everyone if there’s not a plentiful audience, but I just wish there were more seasons to watch and look forward to.

1 2 3 8