I Hate My Teenage Daughter: ‘Cancelled’ Even Sooner

I Hate My Teenage Daughter canceledLast month, FOX announced that I Hate My Teenage Daughter would be returning on Tuesday nights as part of a two-hour sitcom block. Then, starting April 6th, the sitcom would follow 90 minute editions of American Idol on Wednesday nights.

On Tuesday nights, Teenage Daughter performed even worse than when it went on hiatus.

Last week, we reported that FOX was changing their plans. American Idol would expand to two hours in April and the remaining episodes of Teenage Daughter would be burned off during the summer months. The network didn’t say it but we all knew that, with such low ratings, the sitcom was being cancelled and there was zero chance of a second season.

Now, after three weeks of terrible ratings, FOX is pulling Teenage Daughter from the Tuesday night line-up too. Starting next week, encores of Raising Hope will serve as New Girl’s lead-in instead.

There are six unaired episodes of Teenage Daughter remaining. They’ll likely air over the summer, if at all.

What do you think? Do you think the sitcom will be back? Will you miss it?

Mike March 28, 2012 at 7:06 pm

We are talking about FOX here, so I won’t be surprised if New Girl isn’t cancelled as well. If a FOX show doesn’t pull in 10 million viewers every single week they cancel it. Forget about giving a show a couple of seasons to build an audience. Broadcast networks in general don’t seem to understand there are 1000+ channels out there to watch and they should feel lucky if 2 million want to watch the same thing at the same time.

Dan March 27, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Terrible title. Yet another turd loaded with laugh tracks built around unfunny jokes.

Angie March 27, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I love this show! And everybody that has a teenager can relate. I don’t think that it was well publicized. I fell upon it again because I watch New Girl. I hate Raising Hope and ihmtd brought me in a half an hour earlier!

Bill March 24, 2012 at 8:59 pm

That’s too bad about the cancellation. I thought the writing was getting better and the characters were starting to expand. The Spanish quiz scene was hilarious as was the “school projects” by Uncle Jack. Just when the show’s potential was building this news comes out.
Now we’re faced even more mind numbing reality shows.
Too Bad,

Bethany March 22, 2012 at 4:45 am

I love Raising Hope, but watch all their episodes enough that now I just won’t be tuning in for that timeslot, as a wonderful comedy that hits home with anyone who has had to deal with such things (the teen girl is a mean beast, and this show made me laugh over and over again) Too bad that others didn’t tune in to notice that they were missing a real gem. I almost missed this weeks episode as my cable was all messed up and would not let me turn to that station. Maybe that played a part in the ratings as well, since you can’t get ratings if you can’t physically try to watch the show. Oh well, I could use another 1/2 hour of time to watch other networks that actually know what good programing is. Fox has a knack for picking great shows and then killing them just when they start to get really good.

Joe March 21, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I’m surprised it took this long.