Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List: TV Show Ended; No Season Seven, But…

Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-ListBravo has confirmed that their reality series, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List, won’t be back for a seventh season. However, they will remain in business with the sharp-tongued redhead.

Griffin told People that ending the TV show was a difficult thing to do. She said, “It was a really tough decision because I think of The D-List as pretty much my baby for the last six seasons, and I also think it was really time to stop doing it… Reality is great, but I really didn’t set out to be a reality star. So now it’s time to spread my wings and show that I’m a little different than Kate Gosselin.”

The comic will instead record four hour-long stand-up comedy specials for Bravo. One will air each quarter over the next year. Bravo’s exec VP of original programming and development, Andy Cohen, noted, “There is no better way to start off 2011 than giving Kathy Griffin an unprecedented four new stand-up comedy specials on Bravo in one year… Kathy’s quickfire humor and ability to tap into pop culture make for must-watch television.”

Griffin has been a staple on Bravo since 2005 with her eight comedy specials and six seasons of Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List.

What do you think? Did you watch Griffin’s reality series? Will you miss it?

paula April 7, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Kathy is quick witted and quite funny. I won’t miss her reality show as long as she is still on in some format. She can be pretty vulgar at times but that is a part of her openess and honesty and that is why she is funny. You never know what she is going to say. or do. She does not portray herself as a childrens entertainer. I like the fact that she insults with equal opportunity. Kathy says what she has to say, nobody is off limits, even herself and I enjoy that.

Robin April 7, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I’ll miss Life on the D List, but her talk show wasn’t that good. Love her comedy specials.

Jsmith April 7, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Thank goodness! Glad she’s gone. May she take her tastelessness and occasional semi-nudity into retirement.

notabeatle April 7, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Saw her stand-up show in Battlecreek Michigan about 3 years ago and she couldn’t remember what city she was in. And she wasn’t funny. She was good in Pulp Fiction though.

suckut April 7, 2013 at 3:52 pm

did anyone see the pics of her without makeup? could very well be the ugliest woman in the world. hard to believe she even had a husband. then she dumps him? brilliant.

RubyTuesday April 7, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I LOVE Kathy Griffin!!!!! I am so glad she will be doing standup for Bravo. (Oh, and those of yas who are haters, why the heck you reading about her if you hate her? Get a life!)

John Gleason April 7, 2013 at 2:53 pm

She is obnoxious and not funny. Why did it take so long
for them to see this?

Anonymous April 7, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Thank God!, I didn’t watch it anyway. She has a filthy mouth and is NOT funny. Glad the network came to their senses. She has no reason to be on television, don’t know how she ever got a show anyway.

Nicole April 7, 2013 at 11:30 am

I like her stand up, although I do not like bad-mouth words, I cringe. Let’s face it: she has a unique “Schtick” and not everyone will like her, for various reasons. I love her stand up shows. I know, I’m sick!

Patricia April 7, 2013 at 9:27 am

Maybe they will have a show just for Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin. Just for gags of course.

sal April 7, 2013 at 12:21 pm

that’d be interesting,

Janice Bausch April 7, 2013 at 9:01 am

Thank God couldn’t stand the woman!!!!!

Lanette April 7, 2013 at 7:15 am

Did you read: “No better way to start 2011″??? No editor reading this slop?

admin April 7, 2013 at 9:28 am

Lanette, this is a 2011 article.

Nicole April 7, 2013 at 11:26 am

10 points for you! Doesn’t anyone have an editor (and spell check, sometimes)???

william Gipson April 7, 2013 at 5:58 am

Ratings come from people who are young rarely you will get older peole because they just shut down the tv and go off to bed. As like my self I never reakky gave it much thought but now I understand as ratings mean alot to some extent. How in the world to some of these programs start up and to what minds keep tese comedy shows running all the while people are usually tired of the same old same old for example Stein Felt was ok for seven seasons or so and then it was old newsall the same, but after shutting down and holding them up for almost 10 years they run them back and what once was becomes a funny show over again because they were funny and humor`s but for how long do you repeat do not kill the image. Another rerun over which we forget is starting up once in awhile and it is good rather watch the same stuff where it is even considered funny and thats watching Archie Bunker. I like Andy Griffith show with regular cast but instead they would high plug a show like Raymond he was good but not for more reruns it is to early. I would prefer a rerun over with old comedy like honey mooners Art Carney Jackie Gleason and Audrey Meadows for a short period these were the talanted shows or even Groucho Marx game show , or similar way back to let this generation see how it was Jack Benny, or colgate hour, and many others besides the stuff you down the throat shows like I love Lucy, That Girl Danny Thomas. The Hillbillies, the Duck Calling really sucks how in the world does that show stay on? Your right about it some shows really are lousy.