Last Resort: Cancelled Quickly or a Big Hit?

Last Resort canceled quickly or big hit?ABC’s new action TV series, Last Resort, has impressive production values and talent. As we know however, those aren’t a guarantee of ratings success. Will Last Resort be cancelled quickly, a moderate success or a big hit instead?

The TV series takes place in the submarine Colorado when its officers are mysteriously ordered to destroy Pakistan. Sensing that something isn’t right, they require confirmation and are subsequently fired upon and hunted. The cast of Last Resort includes Andre Braugher, Scott Speedman, Daisy Betts, Robert Patrick, Daniel Lissing, Dichen Lachman, Camille de Pazzis, Sahr Ngaujah, Jessy Schrams, and Autumn Reeser.

Last Resort is airing in one of the toughest timeslots of the 2012-13 season. It airs opposite The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men on CBS, The X Factor on FOX, 30 Rock and Up All Night on NBC, and The Vampire Diaries on The CW. ABC has ordered 13 episodes to start.

Does this TV show sound interesting? Before you share your opinions below, check out these previews:

What do you think? Do you think Last Resort will be cancelled quickly, a moderate success or a big hit? Will you watch it live, DVR, or skip it altogether?

Mike Anderson March 15, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Fantastic Show! Great Drama! Better than any ABC show period.

MARIO February 4, 2013 at 7:28 pm

very good show!! to bad ABC

Cyndi January 29, 2013 at 6:44 pm

LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!! I NEVER MISS IT AND NEITHER DOES MY HUSBAND! We DVR it every week just in case one or both of get stuck at our offices

Linda January 17, 2013 at 9:12 pm

I LOVE LAST RESORT SHOW !! PLEASE DON’T CANCEL IT !!

Brazell Horne January 9, 2013 at 6:46 pm

I was in the navy i was on uss Dixon AS37 Submarine tender so yes i have some love for the show and the actors in it you have Andre Brauer,Scott speedman who i did not know was in this werewolf movie ,underworld with Kate Beckinsales,and all around good guy bad guy charicter actor Robert t1000 Patrick ,Agent dogget from the X Files,along with Kevin Hooks sometimes in the directors chair,the action sences are fantanctic and I’ve forgotten how to spell but this show is A+ for me

Linda January 6, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Once again we see a great show with an interesting and thought provoking plot being summarily cancelled by the powers that be. I guess all we can look forward to is another stupid reality show or a mindless showcase of equally mindless Kardashians. Wake up people who make these decisions! There are more than a few people out here with brains and morals.

pat December 17, 2012 at 5:41 pm

I agree with Sue, this would have been a good mini series. I think the networks should bring back mini series. They come up with some good plots for shows, but they just don’t make it as a weekly series. I think it’s because people don’t want to start watching when they know they’re going to be canceled. I hope they bring this show to a conclusion at least.

glenn mcintyre December 15, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Last Resort is an awesome show. If ABC bails on it, perhaps TNT can pick it up. Awesome

Bryan Knox December 12, 2012 at 7:33 pm

I HATE LAST RESORT! I HOPE THE SHOW GETS CANCELLED!

Bill December 8, 2012 at 7:52 pm

I have watched every episode to date,and I am a fan.Both my wife and I look forward to the next weeks episode. We both find it a refreshing change from all the reality shows. If it is cancelled,we will be disappointed.

SC December 6, 2012 at 11:21 pm

I really hope the show dosen’t get cancelled. I think it’s a great show. Beats all the CSI shows for a change.

sue October 23, 2012 at 3:09 pm

This show would have fared better as a mini series. The plot is good, but I don’t know how long they can go on staying on an island and fighting the usa, government conspiracies. The actors are great but in two years, is the scenario still the same? Better to have made it into a mini series where you can find resolution and why this was all going on.

bruce October 22, 2012 at 9:59 am

this is my favorite show move it to a different day if you have to

kd December 8, 2012 at 10:28 am

Hope they give this show more time. I love it and I’m not even typically into military shows. I thought this show looked interesting when I saw the previews in the movies and wanted to see it but then it seemed to disappear from the tv. Never saw previews on tv. I didn’t find it until it was in the 5th week. Fortunately I was able to find the old shows online and catch up or I would have had no idea what was going on. My husband doesn’t want to watch it now because he wants to see it from the beginning and is waiting for the reruns. I think that’s their biggest problem. I think it was a bad night to run it and it’s not an easy show to jump into the middle of.

Jeremy Duffy October 13, 2012 at 2:01 am

The story plot of this show is rather confusing and some what unbelievable.

I’m having trouble following who the players are, why the situation exists (a nuclear submarine being hunted by it own country) and I would think that if I were the commander of this submarine which has 18 nuclear missles aboard that I can fire at will…. I would be able to get some straight answers from the President of the USA PDQ.

I don’t think this show is going to see a second season.

TJ October 4, 2012 at 7:44 pm

No way this gets picked up. Terrible acting. The show is just laughable