The production values on Last Resort are impressive but the ratings aren’t. The show will be cancelled if the numbers don’t improve.
What can you do? Remember, the ideal scenario for ABC is for many millions of people to watch the show on their television sets, while it’s being broadcast. Unfortunately, ratings are put together based on a sampling of viewers. If you’re a “Nielsen household,” your viewing is being counted. If not, it’s not.
However, if you like Last Resort and want to see it continue, there are a few things you can do to help.
- If you’re a Nielsen family, watch the show whenever it’s on. If not, watch it on ABC.com or purchase episodes online so your viewing will be directly counted. Encourage others to watch the show. You might know a Nielsen family and not be aware of it.
- Talk about the show with others; at school, at work, online, or wherever. Creating a buzz about a show that you’re invested in gets other people interested and might help bring former viewers back.
- Sign the petition below and encourage others to do the same.
- Write to the network. Be respectful. Everyone responds better to courtesy. Tell them how much you enjoy the show, that you’ve signed the petition, and that you want to see it continue. You can use this form or, even better, write via “snail-mail” to: Mr. Paul Lee, President, ABC Entertainment Group, 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521, RE: Last Resort
- Call the network at (818) 460-7477, press “1”, then press “2”, then “2”, then press “737”, and leave a 30 second message. Be polite and tell them how much you like the show.
- Take note of the products that are advertised during the show. Write the advertisers and tell them that you appreciate their sponsoring the show and that you buy their products (if you do).
To ABC, MiddKid Productions, and Sony Pictures Television:
We, the undersigned, like watching Last Resort on the ABC network. The action, special effects, actors and engaging storylines make us want to keep watching, to find out how the story will be resolved.
Please find a way to keep Last Resort on the air. We are devoted viewers who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the series’ advertisers as well. Please keep it going, either on ABC or, if necessary, on another Disney-owned channel.
Thank you for your consideration.