Legend of the Seeker: Star and Producer Confirm Show’s Cancelled

Legend of the SeekerYesterday, we reported that Legend of the Seeker there were strong rumors that the TV show had been cancelled after two seasons on the air. ABC Studios, which produces the program, hasn’t made an official announcement. However, two of the show’s most vocal supporters have.

Actress Bridget Reagan (Confessor Kahlan) wrote, via Twitter, “Got some sad news that Seeker is no more. So sad to say goodbye to my NZ family but excited for what’s next.”

Via his own Twitter account, producer Mike Sussman wrote, “The quest is complete. Thank you so much to our amazing cast, crew & all our fans, it’s been an awesome two years. We will miss you all.”

What do you think? Was Legend of the Seeker worth watching? Why do you think the show’s ratings were on the decline?

Canceled and renewed TV show

168 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. wolf says

I’ve watched the series five times on dvd. I can’t get enough. I cry at the ending knowing its done. I love this show and always will. If they make a season three. I will buy it first hand on release date. I’m a huge fan. Thank all of you for making this show. Please make more, even if you must use a different cast in the future. I love the cast, but also the story itself.

2. Marleny says

very disappointed the series ended, wanted to see more, love the show.. I like Spartacus but you can’t watched with your kids. My kids love washing the seeker..too bad is not coming back.

3. Melissa Granada says

I was told that if we wanted to get it back “on screen” to buy up all the “Legend of the Seekers” DVD’s. There isn’t just us that think that this show didn’t need to be cancelled and I think it was dropped due to the producers or whomever were also working on Spartacus, that is where they went and they could not do both?? I was angry and sad that they cancelled it. Then all it feels like is that we the fans do not have a voice in what we watch. The Neilson ratings are not in EVERY house! So the ratings can’t be always right.

4. Glenda Findley says

Many are just not “finding” Legend of the Seeker through stream video such as Netflix, Hulu, etc. The resaon? It was a poorly promoted, poor time slow, bad channel, etc. You name it. I watched all 44 episodes and could not BELIEVE this awesome show was canceled. For those complaining it did not follow the books, even Terry Goodkind, the author of the Sword of Truth books, endorsed this series, and that was all through it to the end. This was an awesome series, awesome cast, it definitely deserved to play through to the end of the story, which is many books away. What a crying shame.

5. says

My husband and I just discovered Legend of The Seeker when we signed up for Netflix. It turned into a Seeker marathon for us. Two seasons, 44 episodes later watched in just a few days was every bit well worth it. Everything else got pushed to the side. Excellent quality all round. Wonderful presentation and great life lessons. I loved all the characters. To me all very believable. Richard, Kahlan, Zed and Cara became our family. We were truly sad the series did not continue. For everything the series is I do not understand why this happened. Something is not right. The series has to be revived.

6. connor says

This is depressing its not that the series ended but they couldve at least have given it a better ending with a happy wedding or sumthing…..i feel a bit cheated of my time:(

7. says

I am so disappointed that Legend of the Seeker is cancelled! We were all hoping another network would wise up and pick up one if the best series in a very long time!

8. says

One of the best show of its genre , with so much more material available to continue on.. very dissapointed . This deserves a movie trilogie , just as good as Lord of the Rings .