Cal Lightman (Tim Roth) and his team seek out the truth on each episode of Lie to Me. Unfortunately, the truth is that the TV show hasn’t been a big hit in the ratings and could easily be cancelled by FOX.
What can you do? Remember, the ideal scenario for FOX is for many millions of people to watch the show on their television sets, while it’s being broadcast. Unfortunately, ratings are put together based on a sampling of viewers. If you’re a “Nielsen household,” your viewing is being counted. If not, it’s not.
However, if you like Lie to Me and want to see it continue, there are a few things you can do to help.
- If you’re a Nielsen family, watch the show whenever it’s on. If not, watch it on FOX.com or purchase episodes online so your viewing will be directly counted. Encourage others to watch the show. You might know a Nielsen family and not be aware of it.
- Talk about the show with others; at school, at work, online, or wherever. Creating a buzz about a show that you’re invested in gets other people interested and might help bring former viewers back.
- Sign the petition below and encourage others to do the same.
- Write to the network. Be respectful. Everyone responds better to courtesy. Tell them how much you enjoy the show, that you’ve signed the petition, and that you want to see it continue. You can e-mail or, even better, write via “snail-mail” to: Mr. Kevin Reilly, President, FOX, P.O. Box 900, Beverly Hills, CA 90213-0900, RE: Lie to Me
- Take note of the products that are advertised during the show. Write the advertisers and tell them that you appreciate their sponsoring the show and that you buy their products (if you do).
- Check out this group of fans’ efforts to save the show: SaveLietoMe.com.
To FOX, 20th Century Fox Television, Imagine Television, MiddKid Productions, and Samuel Baum Productions:
We, the undersigned, greatly enjoy watching Lie to Me on the FOX network. The actors, writers, and everyone associated with the TV show are top notch. This series makes you think and keeps you coming back to more because of the strong characters.
Please find a way to keep Lie to Me on the air. We are devoted viewers who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the series’ advertisers as well. Please keep it going, either on FOX or, if necessary, on another channel.
Thank you for your consideration.
Image courtesy FOX.