Longmire: Season Three Renewal for A&E Series?

Longmire season threeIt looks like Longmire will be renewed for a third season. Executive producer John Coveny broke the news on Twitter today, writing, “Thanks to the 5 million plus weekly fans (live+7). Young and older skewing alike! The call just came: SEASON 3 for #Longmire is a GO!”

According to Deadline, A&E and Warner Bros. have no comment and insiders cautioned that the two sides have yet to finalize a deal. There has been some speculation that a deal could include A&E taking some ownership in the show.

Starring Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, Cassidy Freeman, and Lou Diamond Phillips, Longmire is the cable channel’s highest-rated scripted series by far.

Season two averaged 3.7 million viewers, nearly a million more than Bates Motel’s audience. The Longmire finale drew 4.42 million, nearly a series high.

Unfortunately, things don’t look as good for The Glades.

What do you think? Are you a fan of Longmire? Will you be watching season three?

Bruce G. May 27, 2014 at 12:53 am

I will be GLUED to the TV for every episode of Season 3. These stories are too good to miss! I think Katee Sackhoff is the catalyst that keeps this show interesting. Her feelings for Walt are “all over” the place! Too bad the series producers couldn’t have included a few background shots of the Teton Range to make the series’ location look more authentic!

Randy fry May 26, 2014 at 9:16 am

Walt is like most of the older generation,myself included who does not want to get into computors,cellphones,etc.He just wants to do his job and be left alone.I agree with him. The ongoing story lines keep me waiting for the next show.

cara April 22, 2014 at 8:35 pm

One of the BEST shows on tv there shouldbe more like it .

Sandra April 21, 2014 at 12:15 pm

I would like to see Longmire return & with more than 7 or 8 shows to a season. Longmire is refreshing & it’s not like A&E has a lot to offer anyway – so they should stick with a show that watchers like.

bill welcher April 14, 2014 at 9:00 pm

My wife and I, as well as my brother and his family, are big fans of Longmire. We are all waiting with growing impatience for a start date for the new season. One of the few shows on television that requires you to pay a little attention to the plot line to understand what is going on. It also actually shows progression in the show so you can’t miss the show and then just jump back in and still be up to date. A true welcome change to the sexual innuendo, pee-pee, caca ‘jokes’ that pass for a story line in most television series. This is one of those shows that actually has a point to it and a special feeling that makes you care what happens to the characters.

Sharon April 7, 2014 at 1:54 pm

I’ve read every book, watched every episode and am in love with the character. He is a breath of fresh air in this reality show maelstrom that has been forced upon us. A man of honour, courage and the conviction to stick to his values. I think Craig Johnsons’ character Longmire is brilliantly portrayed by Robert Taylor. I also enjoy the low key feel and wonderful thought provoking story lines. Truly a hidden gem in the plethora of bad and mediocre offerings on TV.

mothermack March 23, 2014 at 9:53 pm

Please do not cancel LONGMIRE–have waited years for a show to enjoy. I agree that there will be nothing to watch. I am tired of all the “reality” shows that are so unreal!!!

D.Burris March 20, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Longmire, is a must!! Just because it doesn’t have the normal crap that the stupid comedies have, or gruesome violence that others shows target, they want to take it off? I hope another channel picks it up, if that’s the case.

Patricia Crawford March 18, 2014 at 7:15 pm

I hope Longmier is returning I really like this show very much. If it doesn’t I won’t
be watching A@E any more since you took off Glades you have nothing left I like.

Judy Higgs March 13, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Can’t wait for Longmire season 3. Sure hope I am not disappointed .

Sue Rubright March 13, 2014 at 7:44 pm

LOVE this show. Please get it back on. Kind of left us hanging at the end of season 2. Please, please….

mhammond March 12, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Best show on tv look forward to it

wendy schufreider February 26, 2014 at 9:34 pm

We are avid fans of Longmire and wish A&E would advertise and let us know when the 3 season will start as we are anxiously awaiting the results! LOVE LONGMIRE!!!

Essie February 25, 2014 at 12:38 am

Love the drama of Longmire but also appreciate that it seems to be a throwback to a time before reality tv. There actually are parts of the show where the viewer has to think to “get it” because everything is not laid out for you. Like too that we are not subjected to an endless hour of blood and guts. Some things pack more of a punch when they are implied by other action. Also love watching Longmire’s old fashioned values juxtaposed against some of the modern challenges of the job.

I’m definitely in for season three.