Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Monday Mornings cancel or renew?TNT recently wrapped the first season of Monday Mornings, their latest medical drama. Should it return for a second season or be cancelled instead?

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

Given these numbers, it seems highly unlikely that Monday Mornings will be back for a second season.

But what do you think? Would you like to see the show return for a second season or do you think it should be cancelled? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on with a bigger audience? Was the title a problem? What would you have called it?

Melody April 29, 2013 at 4:35 pm

RENEW THIS SHOW!!! So much better than the Big Bang drivel we’re subjected to night after night.

Donna Lewis April 29, 2013 at 4:30 pm

I think Monday Mornings is one of the best shows on TV. Coming from the healthcare background, I appreciate how it demonstrates the difficult and complex “gray” situations there are in hospitals. Personally, I think one of the main reasons it may not have done real well in ratings relates to the lack of promotion done and the time slot. I hope the network is seriously considering the return of this fine series with its interesting story lines and fabulous cast.

J Krueger April 29, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Monday Mornings rocks. I can’t imagine why you would get together such talented people, David Kelly, the cast and crew, and then produce only a few episodes. Please, please, please bring it back.

Tish April 29, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Please bring Monday Mornings back as it is an excellent show. Love the characters and the story lines.

Trenna Hunter April 29, 2013 at 1:03 pm

This is one of the best shows I have ever watched. If more folks had the chance to see it the numbers would go up. Please, please bring it back for another season.

Marilyn April 29, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Great show please don’t cancel it. Give it another chance.

kberley April 29, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Love this show. Please bring back for season 2. I believe better advertising of this show would change the ratings. I never even seen any ads for this I was told about this show from a friend/fan of this show. The cast and characters are all awesome and keep you interested and entertained

Cindy April 29, 2013 at 12:09 pm

“Monday Mornings” should definitely be renewed; it is a quality show compared to “Dallas” which is trash.
I vote yes to season two for “Monday Mornings.”

Anonymous April 29, 2013 at 10:23 am

keep this show,pls,it’s great

Anonymous April 29, 2013 at 7:55 am

Great show. Better then most on the major networks. Very well written, interesting story lines, layered characters. KEEP THIS SHOW!

Anonymous April 29, 2013 at 1:00 am

Good show! Hopefully it will not be cancelled

Laurie April 29, 2013 at 12:58 am

One of the best shows I have watched. I have read the book as well as seen the show. I think it needs another season

Sherry April 28, 2013 at 10:20 pm

This is an awesome, well-written show! Not your usual medical drama. PLEASE RENEW IT!!!!

samuel orodenker April 28, 2013 at 9:23 pm

one of the best medical shows on television. Needs to be given a chance with a second season.

cheryl orodenker April 28, 2013 at 9:22 pm

GREAT SHOW! please have renewed for second season.

Anonymous April 28, 2013 at 9:57 pm

I totally agree. It grew on me. Perhaps a different time and or day