Monday Mornings: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Monday Mornings cancel or renew?TNT recently wrapped the first season of Monday Mornings, their latest medical drama. Should it return for a second season or be cancelled instead?

Monday Mornings follows the lives of the talented yet flawed doctors at the Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon. The title refers to the tough peer review meetings that are run by the hospital’s sarcastic Chief of Staff. The cast includes Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Keong Sim, Sarayu Rao, Emily Swallow, and Alfred Molina.

The show started off the season with just 1.36 million viewers and a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That was less than half of what the Dallas premiere lead-in drew with 2.98 million and a 0.8 demo rating.

The numbers for Monday Mornings didn’t get much better as the weeks wore on. The season ended up averaging just 1.39 million viewers and a 0.3 in the demo.

Given these numbers, it seems highly unlikely that Monday Mornings will be back for a second season.

But what do you think? Would you like to see the show return for a second season or do you think it should be cancelled? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on with a bigger audience? Was the title a problem? What would you have called it?

Lisa Woods May 10, 2013 at 10:32 am

Love this show! So well written! Give it a chance!!!

Julie McGuire May 10, 2013 at 10:10 am

Please don’t cancel Monday Mornings. It one of the best hospital shows since Greys Anatomy.

loren hale May 10, 2013 at 7:56 am

finally have a real show that was not a reality tv show please bring it back was a good show

Linda May 9, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Great intriguing show. I think no one knew about it because there really wasn’t any advertising for it. No one I knew watched it until I told them about it. Then they were hooked as I was. We didn’t even know it the last show was the season finale. TNT needs to make more noise about it as they did with Dallas. Please bring a Season 2.

Jack Conklin May 9, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Please return Monday Mornings. It is a great program: Wonderful storylines, quirky but engaging characters. We love this show; it’s near the top of our TIVO Season Pass Manager list.

Imafan May 9, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Oh please renew! Everyone I know loves this show! And I’m not even in the medical field!

Terri May 9, 2013 at 9:23 pm

It’s a great show! My son is home from college and we really enjoy discussing the episodes. It’s one of a few shows that keep you captivated from start to finish and wanting more! Please keep this show!

Millisa May 9, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Please, please return the show for a second season. Perhaps the numbers were low because it’s not on a major network. Nonetheless, it’s a great show and will undoubtly catch on. The cast is great and the story lines keep you on the edge of your seat. Please return the show!!!!

Dawn May 9, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Please renew Monday Morning’s. My husband and I and many of our friends love the show and all of the character’s. We turned many of our friends onto it and they also really enjoyed it. We are real fans of David E. Kelly shows. This is an outstanding cast, and such an original concept.

Marit May 9, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Really good show. Where else do you get to see Bill Irwin? Outstanding cast. Needs to return and establish a larger audience. It’s David E Kelley after all. He has a great record.. Demographics will improve with another shower scene.

Jana May 13, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. The cast is spectacular and almost too awesome to be true. The shower scene was hot. We need more of these!

Lindsey Fair May 9, 2013 at 2:16 pm

KEEP THIS SHOW! It’s only the best on television. I can’t believe canceling it would even be a consideration w/all the reality tv garbage the networks air these days.
BRING ON SEASON 2!

CJ May 9, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Please keep this show!! I am a medical professional and I show the episode as part pfy lectures to my students. Finally you get a good show and you cancel it ?!? All because of Dallas is in front of it. Sheesh!!!

Debbi Payne May 9, 2013 at 1:31 am

I love Monday Mornings! I dont want it cancelled. Its a great show. Maybe if you change the day. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. dont cancel it!!!!!

Linda May 9, 2013 at 12:04 am

Please do not cancel Monday Mornings. The content is educational and entertaining. The cast is excellent. It feels like an intelligent show for adults and I welcome no over-drama or screaming. I think it lacks more viewers because of another new show airing at the same time on another channel, namely, Bates Motel.

linlou May 8, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Keep it..its a great show!