Motive: Season One Ratings

Motive TV show ratingsThere are plenty of crime dramas but Motive has a twist. The audience is shown the killer’s identity at the start of each episode. Will this be enough to make it a ratings winner for ABC? We shall see.

The first season of Motive typically airs Thursday nights on the ABC network. The drama’s cast includes Kristin Lehman, Louis Ferreira, Lauren Holly, Roger Cross, Brendan Penny, and Cameron Bright.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if ABC will want to air a second season of Motive.

UPDATE: ABC has picked up season two of Motive.

Final season averages: 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.96 million total viewers.

Episodes 01-12 & 01-13: Thursday, 08/29/13
0.8 in the demo (-20% change) with 4.72 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 4.96 million.

Episode 01-11: Thursday, 08/22/13
1.0 in the demo (+25% change) with 4.68 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 0.95 in the demo with 5.00 million.

Episode 01-10: Thursday, 08/15/13
0.8 in the demo (+14% change) with 4.32 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.94 in the demo with 5.03 million.

Episode 01-09: Thursday, 08/08/13
0.7 in the demo (-13% change) with 3.95 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 0.96 in the demo with 5.11 million.

Episode 01-08: Thursday, 08/01/13
0.8 in the demo (0% change) with 4.52 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 0.99 in the demo with 5.26 million.

Episode 01-07: Thursday, 07/25/13
0.8 in the demo (0% change) with 4.76 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.01 in the demo with 5.36 million.

Episode 01-06: Thursday, 07/18/13
0.8 in the demo (0% change) with 4.62 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.05 in the demo with 5.46 million.

Episode 01-05: Thursday, 07/11/13
0.8 in the demo (-11% change) with 4.76 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 1.10 in the demo with 5.63 million.

Episode 01-04: Thursday, 06/27/13
0.9 in the demo (-25% change) with 5.11 million (-11% change).
Season averages: 1.18 in the demo with 5.85 million.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 05/30/13
1.2 in the demo (-8% change) with 5.72 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 1.27 in the demo with 6.10 million.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 05/23/13
1.3 in the demo (0% change) with 6.06 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 1.30 in the demo with 6.29 million.

Episode 01-01: Monday, 05/20/13
1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.52 million total viewers.
Season averages: 1.30 in the demo with 6.52 million.

What do you think? Do you like Motive TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season on ABC?

Renecia McCullem October 19, 2014 at 1:34 am

This is a really good show, better than lots of the crap on now, please renew!

Jane August 31, 2013 at 12:03 am

I am among those people who hopes Motive is renewed. The lead character is interesting, likable, and someone I had never seen. This show’s cast, with the exception of Lauren Holly, is new to me. That’s refreshing. It’s also great to see something not shot in New York or LA.

Ann August 30, 2013 at 2:03 am

Don’t understand why everyone thinks this show is so great. The premise is NOT new or original, it has been done before, but those shows didn’t last and were cancelled early. Admittedly, the writing in this try is better, except for the female lead. I like all the characters, except her. I don’t know if its the writing or actress, but the character is extremely annoying and unsympathetic. Get rid of her or replace her and I think I’d enjoy the show more.

Beverly Miller August 22, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Renew! Great characters; entertaining and interesting. Sure beats the reality drivel out there.

Jeff August 4, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Love the show! Like watching how victim and killers paths cross. Worried that its a ABC show though because it seems whenever I get interested in one of their shows they end up canceling it. This show is so much better than Rookie Blue which is a over rated show. Hopefully Motive will continue on. People out there gotta watch this show.

WallE August 11, 2013 at 7:37 am

ABC just bought the rights to air it- it’s actually made in Canada. Much cheaper for ABC this way, so there’s hope! Also, my understanding is that this was Canada’s #1 new show this year… So, even if ABC decides not to rebroadcast it (they don’t have the ability to cancel it), there will still undoubtedly be a season 2 made, it’ll just be more difficult for you to locate the medium in which to watch them!

Stacy Fink July 28, 2013 at 7:56 pm

I love the show “Motive”!!!! I think revealing the victim and killer at the beginning of the show is brilliant!! It’s a different twist that this type of show hasn’t tried before and it works!!! Please don’t cancel this show!!!! I have been a tv viewer for many years and I can’t recall ever writing in to save a show. I look forward to Thursday nights because of “Motive”!!!

Elsa Feliciano July 25, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Hey! I LOVE watching Motive!!!!!! I am a HUGE fan! I find it MORE interesting than MANY other kinds of Dramas on Television today! I LOVE the characters and their interactions! I think it’s VERY entertaining, too!! And, I, for one, can with 100% honesty say that the Summer combination Series’ of Motive and Rookie Blue are PERFECT together! One more thing, I have been watching primarily ABC Television since I was a little Girl and I have seen A LOT of various shows being canceled for this or that reason. Shows that deserved a second Season, but didn’t get one. PLEASE ABC, GIVE MOTIVE ANOTHER SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!! See how it does next Summer. Then, make a decision on its fate.