Motive: Season Three Renewal in Canada; Will ABC Air It?

Motive TV show season 3Here in the states, the Motive TV show can hardly be called a ratings success. However, it’s doing well enough in Canada for CTV to renew it for a third season. Production resumes this fall.

Motive revolves around a strong-willed Vancouver detective (Kristin Lehman) who’s also a single mom. At the start of each episode, viewers are shown the killer and victims. As the criminal investigation progresses, details of what led to the crime are revealved via flashbacks. The rest of the cast includes Louis Ferreira, Lauren Holly, Roger Cross, Brendan Penny, and Cameron Bright.

Though last summer’s ratings weren’t very good, ABC picked up the 13 episodes of season two and they started airing last week. Season two’s ratings have been even worse and it’s currently the network’s lowest-rated summer show.

ABC only licenses the show so it’s cheaper for them than producing their own summer dramas. Could the ratings be poor enough this year so that it wouldn’t make sense for them to air the show, even at a low cost? We shall see.

What do you think? Do you like the Motive series? Would you like to see season three air on ABC?

Beth July 20, 2014 at 8:58 pm

I really like Motive! It’s the only weekly drama I watch. It has a unique formula and a great cast. Please keep it!

Pat July 19, 2014 at 2:12 am

Brilliant show compared to all reality tv, singing shows and all the rest of that rubbish out there gradually diminishing IQS

Pat July 19, 2014 at 2:10 am

Brilliant show compared to all reality tv, singinging shows and all the rest of that rubbish out there gradually diminishing IQS

Christina July 17, 2014 at 10:04 pm

I love Motive! I’ve watched a lot of crime dramas but this is my favorite by far. Kristin Lehman is great, and the chemistry with her partner is terrific. Also has great side characters. Love the procedural of seeing who did it and watching them figure it out and eventually get to the why. I’d be very disappointed if I don’t get to see season three next summer! I looked forward to this show all year!

Spankiedoodle July 17, 2014 at 5:08 pm

I love MOTIVE—as good as Blue Bloods.

Xiomara July 15, 2014 at 8:49 am

I love “Motive”. I think the idea is smart, unique and wonderful from the creators of the series detailing the course of the research at the same time the viewer is discovering why and how occurs the crime. PLEASE!! Dont cancell the show. Its awesome!! I saw the chapter sereval times. I love it.!!!! please

Yvonne Smith July 14, 2014 at 11:00 am

I absolutely love this show and Flynn and Vega are awesome! The format of the show is so different than any other show which makes it very unique. I can’t get over the poor ratings cuz it’s one of my favorite shows, and have it set on my DVR to record each week. PLEASE DON NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!!! I LOOK FORWARD TO EVERY EPISODE!!

Vicki Z July 14, 2014 at 12:22 am

I love these detectives and I love the premise of the show. It’s great to see it lead up to how they figure out who the murderer is and how they catch them. Can’t wait for next season.

Joanne July 13, 2014 at 2:38 am

I love Flynn and Vega. They make great partners for each other. Can’t wait for season 3. Please don’t cancel this show!!!

Ken July 11, 2014 at 10:47 pm

MOTIVE is excellent, and we enjoy each episode more than the previous week’s. The characters are most interesting, and saving the motive for revelation through the killer and flashbacks is novel and interesting.
Would sure like to watch this develop over a couple of seasons more.
Thank you!

rachel July 11, 2014 at 3:24 am

please don’t cancel the show. I agree– it took me a couple of episodes to get into it, but now i think it is great. I think it may be a bit too sad for American audiences, because we are not used to dwelling on the ‘why’ someone made the choice to kill someone else or themselves. However, I find the show’s endings really stay with me. I think about them long after the show is over. I will find it online if ABC doesn’t air it, but I think it will grow on the audience, if ABC will only advertise it.

Anonymous July 9, 2014 at 7:13 pm

It’s not a typical show. The Characters will grow on us. The banter between the two leads is fantastic
He balances her out and they make a great team. It’s refreshingly different. Plus Lauren Holly is store super sexy fantastic clothing

Charlie July 8, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Love this show–it’s DIFFERENT!!! Please don’t cancel!

Gary July 7, 2014 at 3:10 pm

At first I didn’t enjoy the show, but I rewatched the first show and now I can’t get enough . Please don’t cancell this unique show, it is awesome!!!

lori July 1, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. I love it. It’s my favorite show .