Parenthood (2010)

ParenthoodNetwork: NBC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: March 2, 2010 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Lauren Graham, Peter Krause, Mae Whitman, Miles Heizer, Craig T. Nelson, Bonnie Bedelia, Erika Christensen, Sam Jaeger, Dax Shepard, Joy Bryant, Monica Potter, Sarah Ramos, and Max Burkholder.

current TV show

TV show description:
Sarah Braverman (Lauren Graham) is a financially strapped single mother. She packs up her Fresno apartment and uproots her two inconvenienced kids, Amber (Mae Whitman) and Drew (Miles Heizer), to make a big move back home to Berkeley to be closer to her family.

Sarah is greeted by her larger-than-life and headstrong father, Zeek (Craig T. Nelson), and her pillar-of-strength mother, Camille (Bonnie Bedelia). Unbeknown to Sarah, her stable parents are privately dealing with marital issues.

Meanwhile, Sarah’s sister and complete antithesis, Julia (Erika Christensen) is a successful corporate attorney who juggles work and motherhood, alongside her stay-at-home husband, Joel (Sam Jaeger).

Sarah’s younger brother is commitment-phobic Crosby (Dax Shepard) who must suddenly contend with accepting adult responsibility when an old flame, Jasmine (Joy Bryant) shows up unexpectedly and he must re-evaluate his priorities.

Still, it’s Adam (Peter Krause), the oldest Braverman sibling, who must relinquish his preconceived expectations about what constitutes a “normal” family. He, his wife Kristina (Monica Potter), and teenage daughter Haddie (Sarah Ramos) learn that eccentric little brother Max (Max Burkholder) is diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome.

Although each sibling and family has its own share of life to grapple with, perhaps this reunion is the push they need to help each other pick up the pieces and focus on the everyday challenges that families face while raising children and starting over.

Lee April 15, 2012 at 11:40 am

LOVE THIS!! I hope you continue to keep it airing. This is the real life drama I enjoy watching, not the stupid reality tv series that are hogging up the time spots. Stinks when good series get cancelled to make room for junk.

Amy March 27, 2012 at 5:09 pm

LOVE Parenthood!!!! Please do not cancel!!

Sharon Portnoy March 3, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Love, Love. LOVE PARENTHOOD! Please keep it going! (March 2012)

Chris March 2, 2012 at 8:35 pm

I enjoyed the season Finale on Feb 28? Why did they show the season Finale in Feb? I thought most shows show Season Finales in May??

Please don’t cancel

Rick February 22, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Good show Enjoy it!!! Do not cancell,NBC like you did Journey Man…You have an audiance.

Katie November 30, 2011 at 10:04 am

I liked Parenthood until it’s most recent season. Everyone talks over each other all the time. Sarah is getting on my last nerve with her immature ways. I have never liked Hattie, but I absolutely can not stand to watch her now. Ugh. It was so good when it started but now it’s just awful.

Jean September 25, 2012 at 7:23 pm

I totally agree about the characters talking over each other. I can’t stand that. If the 2012, 2013 shows continues with this type of dialog I’m done.

Travy November 7, 2011 at 7:57 am

This is one of the best shows on tv. As a parent (and of course a daughter) I can relate to so many of the issues on the show. It is well written and well acted. A great cast. I look forward to each episode and love talking about it after with my mom. It’s so nice to have a family show that is acted. I can’t stand all the reality shows and the made-up drama. I hope this is a show that will be on for many years – I really want to see how these characters grow.

Sheila August 10, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Well you cancelled Brouthers & Siters Let us have some kind of family life show da–Every one doese not like Reality shows like big brothers,bachelor,cant even think about the other stupied showes that is on the air

Nancy May 25, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Why do all the bad shows stay and the good shows get canceled? This show portrayed a
real family with all the happy times and disappoints. You actually felt the disappoint.

Why do networks keep the good shows off and yet again add another reality show.

Elaine May 11, 2011 at 10:40 am

PLEASE KEEP PARENTHOOD!!! This is a great show and one of the few NBC shows really worth watching! I really like Craig T Nelson and the entire case and would hate to see this program go off of the air..

frog April 13, 2011 at 7:08 am

one of only a handful of shows nbc SHOULD keep.

Bufford Skipper March 15, 2011 at 7:58 pm

I really like this show and have been disappointed that it has not aired the last 2 Tuesday evenings. It has events that can actually make you relate to being a parent. Please keep this show going!!

Chris March 1, 2011 at 6:44 pm

We really love to watch this show! Please keep it going!!

Texas proud February 14, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Hello,

This show Definatly needs to be cancelled. I enjoyed it until all the subliminal messages trying to show the liberal agenda down our throats because way to un-bearable. If this show was terminated I couldn’t think of anything better for television Tuesday nights.

Christopher December 10, 2010 at 10:42 pm

along with everyone else that likes this show please dont cancel it parenthood
is an awesome show all the charcters have there own unique personalitys and
they potray them really well and make it beliveable its funny and it is a heck of alot
better than the other trash shows that some how still get a second season please
keep parenthood I there is a third season