Person of Interest

Person of Interest TV showNetwork: CBS
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: September 22, 2011 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson, and Kevin Chapman.

TV show description:
This crime drama follows a presumed dead former-CIA agent named John Reese (Jim Caviezel) who teams up with a mysterious billionaire, Mr. Finch (Michael Emerson), who’s also believed to be dead. Their goal is to to prevent violent crimes by using technology and their own brand of vigilante justice.

Finch is a software genius who has invented a program that uses pattern recognition to identify people who are about to be involved in violent crimes — either the victim or the perpetrator. It was originally built for the government to prevent another 9/11 disaster but found that it was predicting less catastrophic, “irrelevant” crimes. Finch built a “backdoor” into the machine so that, before erasing the “irrelevant” data each night, Finch is sent the social security number of a person about to be involved in a serious crime.

Finch recruits Reese because of his special training in covert operations. Using their combined skills, resources and advanced surveillance technology, they work outside of the law to identify “persons of interest” and stop crimes before they occur.

Reese’s actions draw the attention of the NYPD — including homicide detectives Carter (Taraji P. Henson) and Fusco (Kevin Chapman). The latter is a corrupt cop and Reese blackmails him into being a source of information inside the department.

With infinite crimes to investigate, Reese and Finch find that locating the right person, with the right information, at the right time, can change everything.

Canceled and renewed TV show

50 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

So happy this is back on. I have shows I watch to relax, some are for a good laugh, a few are educational and there are a couple that I enjoy throwing things at the TV screen and then I watch my cats bat the projectiles across the room. This one makes me think and at times take notes. It is my go to program when I need to raise my stress level. It also has honorable characters and that is the frosting on the cake. Welcome back!!

2. Jeri Lynn says

I love Thursday TV nights. It’s definitely one of my favorites. I watch Beauty and the Beast, Elementary, Person of Interest, and Scandal. I’m sure I’m forgetting something, I just don’t know what it is. Anyhow, I really enjoy Elementary, I love the connection bw Sherlock and Watson. I think they’re great together and I really hope they get another season. The same can be said about POI. I’ve seen every ep since season 1 and I always look forward to another new ep. That said, I absolutely HATE that they take so many darn breaks. Like right now for instance, they had a new ep last week and then we get nothing this week. It’s really frustrating. I know the networks do it to drum up attention for “sweeps” but if you ask me, it probably causes them to lose viewers. I know I myself(who is a Tv junkie) have given up on shows bc I lost interest and forgot what was happening on the show when they did air a new ep. So plz just keep airing new episodes of POI and Elementary so we don’t Lise viewers and can get another season.

3. Laurie says

Love Person of Interest!!! Missed a few last season, and can’t seem to pull them up on demand. Don’t understand why. AWESOME characters and AWSOME storylines!! Look forward to that show weekly!!!!!

4. Cora Marburger says

What a great show. Relevant to what’s happening in the world today. I’m addicted to seeing this show week. What great characters and quality scripts. Keep up the great work! Thanks

5. Rushville says

I love crime dramas and the story line on this one; this is best ont to come along since NYPD BLUE.

6. David says

Just fought my way through two thirds of one show, then shut it off. Mixed up plot, did not hold my interest at all. I watch tons of TV and this just does not make the cut.

• Kevin says

If you can not follow the plot or recognize the genius of POI then you have the mental aptitud of a circus monkey! This is by far the BEST show on TV period.

7. Trizone says

One of the best produced and acted police dramas on television to date. I love Jim Caviezel in anything he does, so I am instantly drawn to the well written shows he is a part of. The rest of the cast is flawless and it is my hope that this show is not cancelled like so many other good shows are sacrificed to some reality show.

8. says

By the way. It looks believable .. The main character does get shot/hurt. It is not like he is a super hero. His partner does get kidnapped … they are capable of being followed and exposed – Taraji Henson and Lionel Fusco are so right for the part. Great characters. The plots do not linger on they run one into the other in different circumstances … I can go on and on that’s how good the show is. PLEASE KEEP IT ON

9. says

Person of Interest is the best show on all the stations combined. It stimulates your imagination and make you think of possibilities beyond the norm. I love shows that do not insult my intelligence and it is good to have a good show to look at – Reality Shows are taking the public to a unstimimulating mind (cluster f—.) Time to bring back shows like this. However with that said you need to advertise the show more. I have introduced my friends to the show and they are now hooked – they did not know the show existed – the narritive at the beginning of the show would capitavate an audience if displayed. PLEASE KEEP THE SHOW ON. It is worth every minute of it.

10. says

EXCELLENT show! relevant to times and the “End Days”! Good mix of characters. Feels like a “real” superhero with real “powers” as it moves along. good dialog, believable plots and stories too. Keep it coming!