Raising Hope: New TV Show Gets Full Season with Nine More Episodes

Raising HopeEarlier today, we reported that Running Wilde was being replaced on October 26th by an additional episode of Raising Hope. If the second helping of Hope performs better than Wilde, the latter will likely be pulled, at least for November sweeps.

That’s looking like a very real possibility now since the network has just ordered nine more episodes of Raising Hope. While an hour of Hope every week isn’t a long-term solution, 22 episodes would give FOX enough installments to replace Wilde and run an hour block of Hope for quite awhile.

Here’s the official press release from FOX…

FOX DELIVERS FULL-SEASON PICKUP OF “RAISING HOPE”
FOX has ordered an additional nine episodes of the critically acclaimed new comedy RAISING HOPE, bringing the series to a full-season order, it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, President, Entertainment for Fox Broadcasting Company.

“With RAISING HOPE, Greg Garcia captures a smart take on the working-class family with a great mix of wild comedy and a big dose of heart,” said Reilly. “The show is running like a Swiss clock, and we’re very happy with how well audiences have responded so far – so we’re confident it will build an even bigger audience throughout the season.”

“I’m really happy for our incredibly talented cast and very hard-working crew. They have done an amazing job and deserve this,” said Greg Garcia, RAISING HOPE creator and executive producer. “Me? I was looking forward so some time off, but I guess that’s not going to happen.”

So far this season, RAISING HOPE is the No. 1 new comedy among Teens and Young Women, the No. 2 new comedy among Adults 18-34 and one of the Top 5 new comedies among Adults 18-49.

In next week’s all-new episode, “Say Cheese,” airing Tuesday, Oct. 12 (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT), SABRINA (Shannon Woodward) visits JIMMY (Lucas Neff) at home for the first time. Looking through a family photo album, she points out that there aren’t any family portraits with Hope. Although past attempts have been filled with chaos and stress, Jimmy decides to organize a family photo shoot.

Created by Emmy Award winner Greg Garcia, RAISING HOPE follows the Chance family as they find themselves adding an unexpected new member into their household. The series stars Lucas Neff, Martha Plimpton, Garret Dillahunt and Shannon Woodward. Cloris Leachman guest-stars as Maw Maw.

RAISING HOPE is produced by Amigos de Garcia Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television. Garcia serves as executive producer on the series.

What do you think? Are you glad there’s more Raising Hope on the way? What do you like or dislike about the show?

travis January 5, 2011 at 8:50 pm

ilove the show when will there be new episodes

Adam Decker January 4, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Everyone here seems to like the show. That’s for good reasons too. It is a good show. I like it.

will January 4, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I love this show my favorite of the new season, and perhaps new favorite comedy, look out ‘comunity’. also if cloris leachman doesn’t at least get a best supporting actress nod, i will be a bit mad. please bring it back soon.

Heidi January 4, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Love the show, do something smart for once FOX KEEP THIS PROGRAM! It is a breath of fresh air among all the comedies trying to copy How I Met Your Mother and Rules of Engagment. The concept of Raising Hope is fresh and the writing is hilirious! Keep up the good work!

Roseann January 3, 2011 at 6:25 pm

This show is awesome! Every line is funny and witty, and if you pay really close attention, there are more jokes than you think…for instance they are constantly saying words incorrectly based on their limited education and low vocabulary. I laugh out loud when I watch this show! It takes the stress right out of my life. Thanks, I hope they keep making more episodes. By the way, Cloris Leachman is hiliarious and talented, you go girl!

carla January 1, 2011 at 10:21 am

Raising Hope is funny because it is silly and unrealistic–who wants to watch everyday life played out for intertainment? Plus, I love the baby.

Nancy December 30, 2010 at 11:36 am

Love the show!! Clever, funny and not another cop show. Please keep it going! Some of us enjoy having to actually think while watching a show–raising hope is a keeper

Joni December 29, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Love, Love, Love Raising Hope! Best comedy show I have seen in years. “Say Cheese” is our families favorite episode so far… My 13 year old grandson walked away from his video games to watch Raising Hope. I have to say that is amazing!
Great Show! Great Cast! Great Fun!

Deb December 25, 2010 at 1:26 pm

My husband and I have totally different senses of humor, but I got him hooked on this with me. I love quirky (original fan of Twin Peaks, X-Files) and he’s a slapstick kind of guy, so we both get our funny bone tickled. Do not let this show die! (We’re already mourning the demise of Terriers…)

cindy clements December 15, 2010 at 6:56 am

We LOVE the show. Thanks to the writers and FOX!!! Finally a sitcom that IS funny!!!
We just love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

virginia November 30, 2010 at 6:59 pm

Pee in my pants funny ,
I haven’t laughed this much since naked gun.
I only wish my 2 sisters and brother were alive 2 share it with.
But they are cracking up in heaven.
Thank you for the writers and creating the show.

CECE November 24, 2010 at 12:30 pm

LOVE THIS SHOW!!

Robin November 18, 2010 at 1:16 am

Off beat, quirky and very fun to watch!

isabel jankelson November 17, 2010 at 2:08 pm

The script is hysterical and the acting is marvelous! Its funny
as hell, even if some of the “concepts” are serious. Keep those
episodes coming!

Anonymous November 30, 2010 at 6:50 pm

I agree ,it’s the best since Archie bunker.
This replaces my monk .