Revenge: Premiere Ratings

Revenge ratingsLast night ABC unveiled their first new TV show of the fall season, Revenge. The network isn’t in bad shape overall but is certainly in need of some new hit shows. So far, it looks like Revenge might be able to help.

In its 10pm timeslot, the new TV series attracted a 3.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 10.15 million viewers (per the fast affiliate numbers). That was enough for Revenge to win its slot in the all-important demographic. The season premiere of CSI (now starring Ted Danson) was the the winner when it came to total viewership.

This was a positive beginning for Revenge but we’ll have to wait until we see the final national numbers, the 15-minute breakdowns, and to see how well it performs next week. Last night’s premiere had a huge lead-in from Modern Family (a 6.0 in the demo and 14.29 million) and next week’s episode won’t have that benefit.

NOTE: Updated season ratings are available.

What do you think? Did you watch Revenge last night? What did you think? What’s your gut instinct? Should the new series continue or do you think it’ll be cancelled after one season?

TJ September 23, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Thought the show was great! Emily VanCamp is so talented and the writing was excellent. Lots of plot twists. I so hope this can go on for years. I see they have a 5 month window and the first episode only covered a couple days so with 22 episodes a season it could be on for at least 5 years before we would catch up to the great opening scene!

Melissa September 23, 2011 at 11:14 am

Loved it! I don’t usually watch anything like it, but the premise drew me in. My husband never, ever watches anything remotely close to that, but liked it, too. Everyone I’ve talked to about it, really liked it. Give it a chance!

Ross September 23, 2011 at 9:14 am

ABC should not give this one a full season – so it’ll be gone sooner.

madge September 23, 2011 at 2:56 am

I thought the show was great. The premiere has me hooked and I can’t wait to see next week’s episode. Love Emily VanCamp and the location of the Hamptons. Such an interesting, intricate plot line. Even my husband enjoyed it and we don’t usually agree on TV shows. LOVED IT!

Judi September 23, 2011 at 12:32 am

‘Revenge’ is my absolutely favorite show this season. Great story, wonderful cast & it’s set in the Hamptons! How can you go wrong! I think it was the best first TV pilot I’ve seen since the pilot episode of ‘Lost’ and that saying a lot. So Old Vs New I’ll pick NEW!

Happy September 22, 2011 at 8:42 pm

LOVED IT!

Birdy September 22, 2011 at 7:23 pm

I watched it and thought it was very good. I will continue to watch.

xcljx September 22, 2011 at 6:44 pm

I, surprisingly, loved it. Of course I was attracted to the beautiful Hamptons scene with the beautiful people but the storyline, the intrigue, the characters, everything was fun. Will definitely watch again and can’t wait. It’s the kind of show you forget real life and lose yourself. It’ll be interesting to see how Emily’s revenge unfolds. And so far, I think Revenge is well-acted and well-written.

Tom September 22, 2011 at 5:32 pm

I enjoyed it. The aerial shots of the Hamptons were beautiful,and I found the story alittle hard to totally grasp what was going on, but by the end of the episode,I had a good grip on the storyline,which is very good.I will certainly be watching it next week.It is a lot of fun! Loved Queen Victoria!

Kim September 22, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I really liked this program. I thought it had a good story line. I am looking forward to next week.

Craig September 22, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I enjoyed the show, but ABC serial shows don’t seem to last long unless they are mindless soap operas.

jordan September 22, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I thought the show was amazing…very interested to see if it can go more than one season…very excited to see it next week!

Kristy September 22, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I thought it was great! It’s different than the other primetime shows run by networks. I think it’ll be interesting to watch the plot unveil.

Daniel September 22, 2011 at 12:58 pm

I watched it. Will likely watch it a second time. Found it to be entertaining, but don’t see how it could last more than one season unless they change characters and location every season with a different story line. Hope it does well though. I like multi-show story arcs.

pjn September 22, 2011 at 11:02 am

I love Modern Family, and I love Emily VanCamp, which is the sole reason I watched Revenge. I thought the premise was interesting just the story was at a slow pace and had some cliches. I don’t think this is a show I am dying to watch every week, just maybe one I catch on TV once in a while and watch when I’m bored.