Revolution: Cancelled by NBC, No Season Three

NBC Revolution ratingsHow times have changed. Last year, Revolution looked like it was the big hit of the 2012-13 season. Now, NBC has cancelled it, according to TV Guide.

Revolution revolves around the Matheson family and others who live in a world where there is no longer any power. The cast includes Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth, David Lyons, JD Pardo, Stephen Collins, and Elizabeth Mitchell.

Following The Voice, Revolution started out very strong last year but the numbers fell as the season progressed. NBC renewed it for a full season off 22 episodes anyway and relocated it to Wednesdays at 8pm. It’s really struggled in that timeslot and this week fell to a 1.2 demo rating with 3.78 million viewers — an all-time low.

Not surprisingly, NBC has decided not to order a third season. There are two installments remaining and they will air on May 14th and May 21st. The final episode of ABC’s Mixology will also air on the latter date.

What do you think? Did you stick with Revoluton? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled the show or renewed it for a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

919 Comments on "Revolution: Cancelled by NBC, No Season Three"

Notify of

Noah
Noah
August 10, 2015 4:17 pm

I think it would still be a good investment to still make the TV series, all I hear is great comments on the show and personally I love it. They left it to open for that to be the end. Hopefully they change their mind
~Fan of this show~

Darrell Hogan
Darrell Hogan
August 6, 2015 7:12 am

No I really like this show I belive it ranged up thier with Zombie Nation, Falling skies, and The Walikg Dead. I think the whole think was the time slot it was on

olly
olly
August 3, 2015 12:41 pm

i liked revolution & too bad it was cancelled. at least they ended it well unlike other shows on other networks.

Larry Bratton
Larry Bratton
July 27, 2015 8:11 pm
What made this show so interesting and unique was the fact that people lived in a world without power. It displayed the struggles that families had while living in a kind of world with the absence of electricity. However, after the power returned to the world at the end of season 1, I became disinterested in the series because the uniqueness of this show was lost. Don’t get me wrong, Revolution was a story and great acting, but in my opinion, the story ended with the return of power. For those reasons, season 2 should never have been made and… Read more »
DW
DW
July 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Damn…Just watched this show on Netflix and must say disappointed it was cancelled. As regular tv goes this show was creative and different. well to bad.

brenda
brenda
July 15, 2015 6:44 pm

Nooooo…. just watched first 2 seasons and was looking forward to season 3 only to find it canceled.

Ravi GH
July 9, 2015 1:55 am

This is a great show it should get continue there are lot of questions suspense left out in season 2,
season 3 must start..

zeno
zeno
July 8, 2015 12:28 pm

i want season 3 i just want it

Mark
Mark
July 3, 2015 6:05 pm

Great show. Just make season 3 !

Teresa
Teresa
June 15, 2015 9:00 pm

This was my FAVORITE SHOW of the season! I don’t know how you get your numbers but do you also count online viewership? Excellent show and I would at least like an ending!

jasmina
jasmina
July 7, 2015 8:19 am

I think it was the most amazing serial that i ever saw i just want season 3 !!!:(

Tricia Quandt
Tricia Quandt
June 10, 2015 11:20 am

Cancelling this show is a huge mistake I just heard about it and have watched the whole thing ….. I loved it!!! In my opion it is almost as good as the walking dead, NBC please keep it its Great

Lissa
Lissa
June 9, 2015 2:22 pm

Please bring the show back!!! My whole family watched it from the beginning. We want more!!!

MrRhee
MrRhee
June 3, 2015 2:26 pm

Producers always act as though THEY don’t have anything to do with “fewer ratings” when THEY want to SABOTAGE a show!

MrRhee
MrRhee
June 3, 2015 2:23 pm

Producers always put a good show that followed something popular in a worse time-slot… then cancel the show when the ratings fall…

Mackenzie
June 2, 2015 9:05 pm

PLEASE BRING BACK THE SHOW!!!!!!! It’s my favorite!!!! My siblings and I watched it all the time!! We need this show!! It’s the only time to have a good show to watch with the family. Please bring it back! It would mean a lot to many people

wpDiscuz