Revolution: Quickly Cancelled or Big Hit?

NBC Revolution TV showEarlier this month, NBC released the first episode of Revolution online. They were likely hoping to give viewers a chance to sample the TV series early and get some positive “word of mouth” advertising going. Tonight, the peacock network is airing the pilot on regular television. Will the show be quickly cancelled, a moderate success, or a big hit in the ratings?

Revolution takes place 15 years after an unknown phenomenon disabled all advanced technology and powered devices on the planet. People are forced to adapt and rebuild and, not surprisingly, the world becomes a very different place. Members of the Matheson family seem to have some answers as to what happened and how power might be returned.

The TV show’s cast includes Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Anna Lise Phillips, Graham Rogers, JD Pardo, Zak Orth, Maria Howell, David Lyons, Giancarlo Esposito, Tim Guinee, Elizabeth Mitchell, Derek Webster, and Daniella Alonso.

Once the other networks have their shows in place, Revolution will be airing opposite ABC’s Castle and Hawaii Five-0 on CBS. NBC has ordered 13 episodes of Revolution to start.

Before you share your opinion below, here are some previews and the full pilot:

So, what do you think? Does Revolution look like a hit or a candidate for quick cancellation? Will you tune in, DVR the show, or skip it altogether? Do you think previewing and releasing the first episode online will help or hurt the show’s ratings?

Canceled and renewed TV show

69 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. David says

Absolute garbage. Not realistic in any way shape or form. I will watch the third episode and if it doesn’t get drastically better I will not be watching anymore.

2. David says

Was so excited by the premise. Totally bored before the end of the pilot. Everyone looking like they just had $250 haircuts is a bit much too.

3. Peter says

It’s off to a pretty slow start. Plot has possibilities, but needs some good writers to make it work. For starters rethink the wardrobe- fifteen years without electricity and every character looks like they just went shopping?

4. Susan says

I was really excited about the premise of the show. I didn’t get Charlie’s clothes at all.. Yes, I know she’s supposed to be the sexy lead character, but..very big but..There hasn’t been electricity in 15 years. Did they raid every leather shop and keep the outfit in an airtight room for the 15 years? Other than that, loved the show..make it more real please.

5. Tobias says

I turned it off halfway through the pilot. What a s***. But like some of those drugs Mr. Abrams consumes to come up with this crap

6. Jae Bae says

This show will be cancelled, I’ll even say it won’t get passed season 1. After a while, you kinda get a “spidey sense” of what shows will last and I don’t see it w/ Revolution. I hope I’m wrong but this will follow Alcatraz as another of J.J. Abrams 1 season flops.

7. Elizabeth says

I lost interest after only watching 35 minutes. I was expecting something like the motion picture The Road. I found a few mistakes with the first episode. Bad guys that come for Ben (Charlies dad) can’t shoot straight and shoot Ben instead of his son holding the arrow shooter. Charlie get over her dads death fast as she falls for a latin heartthrob chopping wood. Guys are clean shaved, clean cut and have nice clothes, female have curls, nice clean leather boots and jackets. It’s unbelievable. Oh and how did Danny survive his asthma attack? He was given the herb drink for his asthma after he stopped heaving. Oh and lets not forget Ben handing his friend that pendant (necklace) as if it held some mystical power to their existance. This show won’t last…..they should bring back the television series Firefly.

8. Georgia says

Pilot was great. I will be taping it and Castle — don’t want to miss either show this season. I am not a Hawaii Five-o fan. However, viewers will probably choose Hawaii Five-o or Castle and Revolution will be cancelled. Such a shame.

• David S. says

The pilot got boring in the middle for me. I’ll probably watch another episode or two though. However, like you, I expect NBC will cancel this show after this season, if not sooner, because Castle and Hawaii Five-O (both of which I already watch) are so strong in its timeslot.

9. Andrew says

I like the premise, but I think it was done very poorly and was really unbelievable. The sets looked like they were from a high school play or from 1960s tv. Though the world was supposed to be rough and difficult, the characters and their clothes were always clean and new looking.
    I think the main character is a complete rip-off of Hunger Games. Uses a crossbow instead of a bow, but very obviously Catniss.
    All in all, very disappointing. Could have done so much with the idea but they dumbed it down till it was unbearable.

10. Cath says

Ugh. I like the premise and enjoyed the pilot, but saw that that JJ Abrams fellow is producing it, so I reckon it will have weird fantasy/magic elements in it as the season progresses. I always wanted Lost to just be about some people on a deserted island… I didn’t care for the weirdness of it. So – as this will be some weird show about magic-y sorts of things I am guessing it will be a big hit. I will watch it until it steps into the world of nerdtastic fantasy.

11. Sarah says

I love it so far, but I am weary of it, because this past season all the shows I grew to love were cancelled. It’s a bad trend now… good show = cancellation. I hope it sticks around, I can’t handle another reality show of any kind.

12. Jenna says

I think it will be cancelled soon. It’s got an interesting premise, and the scenery and sets are gorgeous, but for how expensive these sets must be, the quality of the show just isn’t strong enough. The two main characters aren’t very interesting, and overall it’s trying to be The Walking Dead without zombies set in the Game of Thrones world without the fantasy elements, yet it still manages to come across as less plausible.

13. Michael says

I will definitely be watching it. I have been waiting for a while. I hope it will be good. And I hope it will be a hit. It would be nice to see it be on for a few seasons.