Revolution: TV Show Premiere Ratings

revolution tv show ratings on NBCLast night, NBC aired the first episode of Revolution. The network certainly needs a ratings revolution and, though shows like The Event, Alcatraz, and FlashForward have all failed to keep an audience, NBC is hoping their new “mystery” show will be a hit. Is it?

Revolution revolves around a world in which powered devices and machines stopped working 15 years ago. As a result, civilization ceased to exist as we know it and had to rebuild itself without any kind of technology. The show features the talents of Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Anna Lise Phillips, Graham Rogers, JD Pardo, Zak Orth, Maria Howell, David Lyons, Giancarlo Esposito, Tim Guinee, Elizabeth Mitchell, Derek Webster, and Daniella Alonso.

Per the fast affiliate ratings, the first half hour of the series premiere attracted a 4.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 12.32 million total viewers. That’s a very healthy number and represents just a 12% drop off from the last half hour of The Voice.

The second half hour of Revolution attracted a 3.8 demo rating with 10.98 million, a decline of 14% from the first 30 minutes.

Overall, the debut drew a very healthy sampling with a 4.1 demo rating and 11.65 million. It’s expected that the ratings will decline a bit in week two but they could grow too. Many people may have watched the pilot episode online over the past couple weeks rather than tune in last night.

So, what do you think? Did you watch NBC’s Revolution last night? Will you watch again? Do you think the audience will grow or shrink in week two?

Anonymous September 24, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I am going to keep watching and supporting it because for all of its flaws I can’t stand the thought of another cop show / medical drama / court drama / detective show on TV. Now those are real cliches am I the only one that sees it?

Gothic Serpent September 21, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I did notice quite a lot of screw ups in the pilot- the fresh clothing (which I am guessing someone raided a mall and other clothing boutiques throughout the past 15 years), everyone is all cleaned up (except for Aaron who looked like a fat caveman), and of course it seemed like the only firearms (other than the handgun carried by Neville and the heavy weaponry at the Monroe militia camp) were muskets- which even Neville’s men carried a couple instead of automatic weapons. Of course, Neville did state that owning a firearm was banned by the order of Monroe himself. And, these were just the obvious screw ups. Nonetheless, I can overlook everything the seems very much out of place in favor of learning more about the mystery, who knew and knows what, the why, the how (especially, the how- as in, how were the world’s countless powergrids all affected and, bring back the “what?”, what was the device(s) used to make the EMP. As for comparisons to other shows of this similar nature, I also got the vibe of Jericho. Sadly, Jericho kind of fell apart though and wasn’t able to retrieve itself before it was cancelled half way into its second season. I do have hopes for Revolution, even with its many out-of-place wardrobe, salon-esque, and musket fashion.

AJ September 20, 2012 at 8:28 pm

I can’t believe how cheesy and overacted this show is.
Really weak acting to accompany sophomoric writing. I’m halfway through this premier
and curious enough to research whether anyone else really loves to eat
up this trash. Revolution? This is more like devolution.
There is nothing more insulting than being presented with a show or film
that takes several steps back after the greatness that has preceded it.
Lame.

gehrig peterson September 20, 2012 at 7:35 pm

for a premiere, they threw too much out there for the first episode and didn’t build the storyline. I felt the first episode of Alcratraz was much more compelling and left me wanting to know what was going to happen next. Unfortunately within a couple of weeks, that question was answered with, “Not much.”
Seeing Chicago overgrown was cool, yet was goofy for so much set designs. The grand hotel was amazing yet they left broken columns on the stairway, everything else was cleaned up, why wouldn’t that be? The inside of the plane was like brand new even after 15 years of exposure??? no bugs, no raccoons? Last but not least, the libraries weren’t destroyed, people could have figured out how to create energy. It’s like all technology disappeared along with any documention on how to reproduce it. So, lots of gaps.

Jason September 20, 2012 at 5:40 pm

The show is so boring and stupid, not to leave out annoying due to the loss of electricity. There will be way less viewers next week. I was looking for JJ to redeem him self for what he did to us (Lost), but screwed again!!!!

Anonymous September 19, 2012 at 7:44 pm

This show was awesome! To be honest, I loved it!

Kent September 19, 2012 at 6:11 pm

The show, which i watched online about 10 days ago, is somewhat a predictable JJ Abrams production. More questions than answers and the lovely, but doomed Elizabeth Mitchell right in the middle of it. Reminds me somewhat of “Jericho,” and if Skeet Urlich or Lennie James shows up, it’s officially jumped the shark. That being said, bring back “Chuck.”

GMane September 19, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I thought the show was okay. The problem is that the only likeable character died at the beginning, and i find just about everyone else irritating. The Doctor chick is interesting, but I’m willing to bet she’s after the necklace. The kids are annoying brats, the friend is irritating and the uncle is abrasive, and a little bit cliched. Having said all that, I’ll probably keep watching because there is a serious dearth of scfi out there and JJ Abrams has never let me down before now. Hopefully things will get a lot better.

Patsy Peele September 19, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I really enjoyed it! Looking forward to next week’s episode. I hope it is popular because I really enjoy this type of show.

Edshafer September 19, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I fear this show will go the way of Flash Forward, Terra Nova, etc. I was surprised to see so many people with swords and so few with guns. I would bet there are enough guns and ammo around in this country to supply everyone for at least the next 15 years. I thought the clothing looked like it just came off the shelf. I thought things just happened to easily. Girls walk to Chicago, walk into the Grand Hotel bar and there is Miles. It should have been a bit harder to find him since he was “lying low.” I found it hard to believe that Danny walks to the house of a woman who has a computer and she of course knows how to use his zip drive. The whole show needs more difficulty and more mystery. It might make one season.

Ian September 19, 2012 at 11:47 am

Great show! Can’t wait for the next episode!

Charlann September 19, 2012 at 11:27 am

The real book was better “Dies of Fire”. After 15 years things should have been different. Such as clothes, medication, fancy cross bows, even the clothing that they were wearing were not hand made or didn’t look like they were 15 years old. It was too much Hollywood.

Jaap September 19, 2012 at 11:18 am

Great premise, terrible writing, poor acting (despite some brand names)…will suffer same fate as Alcatraz and similar shows.

Paula September 19, 2012 at 8:55 am