Ringer: Ioan Gruffudd on Season Two Chances

Ringer canceled or renewedAt the start of the season, Ringer looked like it had a very good chance of being renewed for a second season. Unfortunately, the ratings really started to slide once it returned from a two month hiatus. Now, the CW TV series looks more likely to be cancelled.

TVLine recently spoke to co-star Ioan Gruffudd, who plays Sarah Michelle Gellar’s brother-in-law/husband on the show, about the prospects of a second season. This is what he had to say:

As far as knowing [about Season 2] in an official capacity, nobody knows right now. I think everybody’s vying for that attention from the network. We’re very aware of the numbers and that it’s a numbers game. Creatively, we think we have a very strong chance, but as far as numbers, they might reflect a different story. From a personal standpoint, I haven’t even wavered. I was recently cleaning out my trailer and I was trying to remember things to bring back with me next year. It’s the first time I’ve been in this situation where I’ve been on a show for the full 22 [episodes] and we don’t know anything; there are no indicators. As far as the storyline is concerned, we’ve set it up as if we are coming back. We’re not shying away from anything and we haven’t been asked to tie things up neatly — we’ve been given leeway to present new ideas for next season. So, I haven’t wavered in my belief that we are coming back. But you know, I’ve been wrong in the past. [Laughs]

Check out the full interview for the actor’s thoughts about his character and the latest shocking developments on Ringer.

What do you think? Will Ringer be back for a second season? Does it still have a chance or will the show be cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

88 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. G says

This is the most exciting, mysterious show I watch and I love it. It’s a communication tool for my daughter and I. While I would be very disappointed to have it end, I do wonder how they can keep the hoax going for the long term and I may be ready to have it all resolved. No matter, thanks for a terrific show!

2. Diana says

Please No! I love this show! I always look forward to watching it every Tuesday and now direct tv no longer carries the CW, so now I’m really mad! I love watching this show and the secret circle!

3. Britty says

Renew! Ringer! It’s killing me I look every day to see if season two is going to come around. I really enjoy the show and hope that it comes back for season 2!

4. ToxicZombi says

My wife, 15-year-old daughter and I have been watching the show faithfully. However, it has wavered and weakened and I will not be sad if it takes a bow at the end of the season. I am sadder that Fringe appears to be leaving.

• Diane says

Please DON’T cancel this show. This is my favorite show. I look forward to Tuesday night. After watching, I can’t wait for the next show. This show is great. It keeps my attention and it is always leaving me wanting more. Please, please don’t cancel the show.

5. april says

Don’t cancel!!!!! I love this show. I am a huge smg fan and this show is amazing. I can’t wait til next weeks episode every week. This show is amazing!!!!

6. seanpaul says

Don’t cancel ringer! the show is amazing. there’s a lot more shows on CW that you could cancel. except gossip girl and vampire diaries <3,
    ringer needs a season 2!