Rizzoli & Isles: Season Five Ratings

Rizzoli and Isles TNT TV show ratingsDebuting in 2010, Rizzoli & Isles has been TNT‘s most-watched scripted series and, last season, viewership grew. Will the ratings continue to climb or start to fall? Is a sixth season essentially guaranteed? Could this show possibly be cancelled anytime soon? Stay tuned!

Rizzoli & Isles revolves around the unlikely but very effective partnership of police detective Jane Rizzoli (Angie Harmon) and medical examiner Doctor Maura Isles (Sasha Alexander). Co-starring on the series are Jordan Bridges, Bruce McGill, Lorraine Bracco, and Brian Goodman.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

For comparisons: Season four of Rizzoli & Isles averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.06 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Rizzoli & Isles TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a sixth season?

katie August 25, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Rizzoli and Isles is one of my favorite shows. I truly hope it comes back.

Joanne Levin August 23, 2014 at 5:03 pm

I love Rizzoli and Isles. My husband and I watch the show together because he likes it as much as I do. Sincerely hope the show is renewed for another season.

Farmer Johnson August 21, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Please renew!!! I love this show sooooooo much

Patricia Fallis August 19, 2014 at 3:54 am

I love Rizzoli & Isles…yes it should be renewed, it’s a great show, I love the characters and they story lines are fresh. Isles gets a little annoying at times..they could tone her down some but o/w the show is great!

henry baker August 16, 2014 at 7:09 pm

i cant wait for series 5 to start its awesome and deserves recognition in the space of 4 yrs it has steadily increased its popularity til its no 1 cable show on tv and that is great.

Diane Johnstone August 16, 2014 at 6:15 am

I love the show, it has a good balance of humour, romance, fiction, & reality. I thoroughly enjoy Rizzoli’s sarcastic humour, Dr. Isles naivety and medical input & the family dynamics. Can’t wait for the next season, “Hint, Hint” !!!!!!!

Barbara August 16, 2014 at 10:24 am

Look forward R&I ever week…Was very sad with the ending but not surprised. Way to go writers, keep us guessing and the fans will keep watching.

Jayne Reynolds July 30, 2014 at 5:25 pm

My husband I love Rizzoli & Isles. Yes, it is a little hokey sometimes but that helps take the edge off of the some of the horrendous things our police officers have to deal with. They are real people with real lives, just like the rest of us. Love Angie Harmon.

susan June 27, 2014 at 12:49 am

I definitely love this show. It wouldn’t be the same show if it was just detective work though. There needs to be personal problems and family drama because that’s also in the real life. No cop or detective is just about work there is always gonna be drama everywhere u go. But that’s what makes it exciting along with the detective work….. Awesome show…. And I loved Tuesdays episode with the funeral for detective Frost. He will definitely be missed. I cried when Jane was giving her speech and when she cried when she got home. Detective Frost will definitely be greatly missed. He was an amazing actor.

nemo f July 12, 2014 at 11:28 am

“There needs to be personal problems and family drama because that’s also in the real life.” no there doesn’t.

I watch cop shows for the “cop stuff” if I want high school angst and personal drama I’ll watch a soap opera

henry baker August 16, 2014 at 7:04 pm

i think ur being too negative but if u wanna go and watch the boring police shows then thats up to you

nemo f August 19, 2014 at 6:29 pm

I find these personal drama soap operas boring.

Why Watch July 14, 2014 at 9:47 am

I agree with Nemo. I watch police shows for the police aspect, not the home personal drama which bogs down the show and makes it hokey. My feeling is the writers just don’t have enough material to make a good police show, so they water it down with this worthless made-up home angst.

henry baker August 16, 2014 at 7:07 pm

you obviously are not a regular watcher of the show i think the writers are very talented with wat they bring to the show i am continually amazed and the show does not deserve ur negative feelings.

Barbara August 17, 2014 at 6:56 pm

You want real police drama than watch Realty cop show. This show (R&I) is not only well written but acted too. It keeps me guessing and wanting MORE!

Why Watch June 26, 2014 at 1:40 pm

This is a show we gave up on years back. Too hokey and agonzing to watch.

Rose June 26, 2014 at 9:34 am

I love this show as well. Everyone is wonderful…. including Rizzoli’s mom & brother. The final fairwell for Det. Frost was well done. He’ll be missed by everyone. I know I’ll certainly miss him… what a shame.

Barbara June 25, 2014 at 9:29 pm

So glad the season has started. Second episode was a real tear jerker. What a loss. He was a good actor and will be missed! RIZZOLI is a perfect cop and detective and ISLES is perfect as a know it all Dr. Writer’s keep us watching with believable stories..DON’T CHANGE ANYTHING OR ANYONE…LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!

George Puckhaber June 25, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Love the show except I wish there were a little more investigation of crimes and a lot less of Rizzoli’s mom and family problems. he family stuff takes a lot away from the theme of the show

henry baker August 16, 2014 at 7:01 pm

wat do u think the theme of the show is george i think if it was just police work the show would be boring you need a balance between the work and home life and i think that happens in real life even if they get called in after going home

George Puckhaber August 18, 2014 at 8:17 pm

I agree there has to be a mixture of Police investigations and Home life. but it has gotten that there is more of the family interaction than police investigations. I have timed several shows. Not counting commercials there was on an average of 25 minutes of family and 15 minutes of police work. I think it should be the other way around.

Roman Darien June 25, 2014 at 5:32 pm

I’ve followed “Rizzoli & Isles” since it’s inception. Last night’s show paid tribute to Det. Frost in a sensitive manner. I’m impressed with the characters and with the writing. This is a show I look forward to every summer.