Rizzoli & Isles: Season Five Ratings

Rizzoli and Isles TNT TV show ratingsDebuting in 2010, Rizzoli & Isles has been TNT‘s most-watched scripted series and, last season, viewership grew. Will the ratings continue to climb or start to fall? Is a sixth season essentially guaranteed? Could this show possibly be cancelled anytime soon? Stay tuned!

Rizzoli & Isles revolves around the unlikely but very effective partnership of police detective Jane Rizzoli (Angie Harmon) and medical examiner Doctor Maura Isles (Sasha Alexander). Co-starring on the series are Jordan Bridges, Bruce McGill, Lorraine Bracco, and Brian Goodman.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

For comparisons: Season four of Rizzoli & Isles averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.06 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Rizzoli & Isles TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a sixth season?

susan June 27, 2014 at 12:49 am

I definitely love this show. It wouldn’t be the same show if it was just detective work though. There needs to be personal problems and family drama because that’s also in the real life. No cop or detective is just about work there is always gonna be drama everywhere u go. But that’s what makes it exciting along with the detective work….. Awesome show…. And I loved Tuesdays episode with the funeral for detective Frost. He will definitely be missed. I cried when Jane was giving her speech and when she cried when she got home. Detective Frost will definitely be greatly missed. He was an amazing actor.

nemo f July 12, 2014 at 11:28 am

“There needs to be personal problems and family drama because that’s also in the real life.” no there doesn’t.

I watch cop shows for the “cop stuff” if I want high school angst and personal drama I’ll watch a soap opera

Why Watch July 14, 2014 at 9:47 am

I agree with Nemo. I watch police shows for the police aspect, not the home personal drama which bogs down the show and makes it hokey. My feeling is the writers just don’t have enough material to make a good police show, so they water it down with this worthless made-up home angst.

Why Watch June 26, 2014 at 1:40 pm

This is a show we gave up on years back. Too hokey and agonzing to watch.

Rose June 26, 2014 at 9:34 am

I love this show as well. Everyone is wonderful…. including Rizzoli’s mom & brother. The final fairwell for Det. Frost was well done. He’ll be missed by everyone. I know I’ll certainly miss him… what a shame.

Barbara June 25, 2014 at 9:29 pm

So glad the season has started. Second episode was a real tear jerker. What a loss. He was a good actor and will be missed! RIZZOLI is a perfect cop and detective and ISLES is perfect as a know it all Dr. Writer’s keep us watching with believable stories..DON’T CHANGE ANYTHING OR ANYONE…LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!

George Puckhaber June 25, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Love the show except I wish there were a little more investigation of crimes and a lot less of Rizzoli’s mom and family problems. he family stuff takes a lot away from the theme of the show

Roman Darien June 25, 2014 at 5:32 pm

I’ve followed “Rizzoli & Isles” since it’s inception. Last night’s show paid tribute to Det. Frost in a sensitive manner. I’m impressed with the characters and with the writing. This is a show I look forward to every summer.