Supernatural: Season Nine Ratings

Supernatural season nine ratingsThe Winchester brothers have been fighting demons for a long time and last season, the ratings for Supernatural went up. Will the numbers continue to rise the year? Will the series be renewed for a 10th season or is it time to call it quits? We shall see.

On Supernatural, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) continue their fight against the evil forces of the underworld.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

2/13 update: The series has been renewed season 10.

5/21 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings in context.

Last year comparison: The eighth season of Supernatural averaged a 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.13 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the Supernatural TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a 10th season?

Anonymous October 2, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Should have been canceled after season 5

Martine November 25, 2014 at 12:24 am

I hope it gets cancelled. If for no other reason then people will stop comparing better shows to Supernatural. Its a show for kids, full of violence and cheap jokes, and “brotherly love”. Its too bad there isn’t a good Supernatural show to watch. Constantine was getting better and better, but thats cancelled. Grimm has become boring….too bad they can’t make something interesting.

Val September 26, 2014 at 11:12 pm

I caught an episode of one of the earlier seasons…having seen no other episodes,and was so intrigued that I had to go back and watch every episode up to the current season. The refreshing new threats and creative makeup and monsters made each episode an individual treat in itself. Back then,I had hooked others on this show,as well. It’s humor,witty banter and humor among dark situations made it very enjoyable. I think when the show was more geared towards one particular villian with a singular story line (that had to be carefully watched,as to not be out of sorts with it)it became more like a tedious soap opera ,peppered with profanity and surliness,and not so much the witty banter that it used to be known for. Sam and Dean’s characters were brothers that were there for each other…NO MATTER WHAT,and that made them endearing.You knew they were selfless with each other. When the story line made them harder,it lost some appeal for me. I am sure they would be harder,in that situation,but they could still refrain from the senseless profanity and slurs…that sounded more immature and childish than gritty and sincere. Use fun banter but c,mon… get creative with the retorts.Give us some all inclusive episodes with some creative makeup and unique bad guys ,and not some tedious drawn out stale story line . If more episodes dealt with unique “monsters” I would be a fan as long as the series runs. The whole Cowley…and then the “bad angels” thing just ran on and on for me. Episode after episode you will hear someone called a dick and then “Moose”. Really??? And from the…uh…”KING OF HELL”???? Sounds like a fight in middle school. There were some great episodes but obviously something was lost along the way.Give us back the creepy bad guys,the funny wit,the grit and the brother bond and it will be all it once was. Garth was a great placement though,his character added some much needed “goofiness”back. :D

xeyale July 20, 2014 at 6:25 pm

this little supernatural ratings(

Ben July 14, 2014 at 6:19 am

Supernatural should continue long till dean n sam are there n finish which they have started.
Supernatural is awesome n Its the best of all

jason sturges June 25, 2014 at 5:20 am

I think supernatural should continue. season 10 & beyond. as long as jared & jensen stay with the show.

karl June 22, 2014 at 5:44 pm

It should be cancelled, it lost its modjo after season 6, just kinda went downhill

Heather in Kettering June 16, 2014 at 4:41 pm

I have been watching Supernatural since the first episode aired!! I have my mother hooked, my older brother and his 16 year old son and my 9 year old son!! That proves people of all ages love this show! Or we’re just a strange family. HeHe. The humor, the action, the drama, the story lines, it all works! Every actor on this show is wonderful!! That is one of the best things about it!! It is the BEST show on tv and we all hope it gets its much deserved 10th season and more!!!

Anonymous June 3, 2014 at 11:23 am

I believe that they should renew another season of supernatural. Me and my sister got hooked on this show, and just take stop watching it. Its intense and love the connection and drama with dean and Sam. I hope they continue what they’re doing for probably the next 3 new seasons coming ahead, SOON

Janus May 31, 2014 at 10:34 am

I guess i’m the only one who thinks this show gets worse and worse…. i will admit, the current season was better than the last, but imo the show peaked at season 5-6 after that the
writing was boring, predictable, and well, just plain boring… only good thing so far is they killed kevin….

karl June 22, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Agree, it’s was really good from seasons 5 -6, but just got repetitive and boring with the newer seasons

Victoria June 23, 2014 at 1:42 am

Supernatural should not be canceled. It’s a great show !!!

Niraja May 31, 2014 at 9:22 am

Supernatural has to be renewed for more seasons!! Its an awesome series. Wish it never ends.

Victor May 27, 2014 at 11:39 am

We love supernatural very much in Russia. You must make 10,11,12 seasons. Please

Patricia Barnes May 21, 2014 at 11:49 pm

My husband and I have watched this from the beginning and watch all three episodes shown in the morning during the week. We have probably watced the m through every season at least forty times and it never gets old. I love the humor and wit between Sam and Dean as well as the other characters. Keep this show on for as long as possible.

Kathy Jo Hall May 21, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Please bring it back !! Every time I find a show I like zap it’s gone. I love love this show. Supernatural rocks !!

Anonymous May 21, 2014 at 12:32 pm

It’s been renewed, possibly for two more seasons, but definitely for next year… should be amazing as always!

Martine November 25, 2014 at 12:29 am

No it hasn’t. Not yet.

gwen May 17, 2014 at 7:24 pm

I have watched supernatural since it started ,I also watch all the reruns every morning.I hope they never cancel this series.