The Closer: Kyra Sedgwich TV Show Renewed for Season Seven

The CloserGood news for fans of TNT’s The Closer series. It’s been renewed for a seventh season on the cable channel.

The Closer stars Kyra Sedgwich as Los Angeles Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson, a beautiful lady who means business. The rest of the cast includes Corey Reynolds, G.W. Bailey, Gina Ravera, J.K. Simmons, Jon Tenney, Michael Paul Chan, Phillip P. Keene, Raymond Cruz, Robert Gossett, and Tony Denison.

Currently in its sixth season, The Closer is reportedly averaging 7.1 million viewers per week and that’s a 7% increase over year five. The show’s been either the top or one of the top-rated cable shows since its return on July 12th.

To no surprise, TNT has renewed the series for year seven. The cable channel has once again ordered 15 episodes and they’ll start airing sometime in 2011.

The 15 episodes of season six are still airing. The first ten are scheduled to finish airing on September 13th. TNT typically breaks up the season so the remaining five will probably run in either late this year or in early 2011.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that The Closer will be back for year seven? How long do you think the series should continue?

daina sakalis March 4, 2013 at 5:45 am

the best show ever, characters compliment one another, the touch of humour and just the great acting top any series i have ever watched . It will be such a shame to see the show finish when it is so popular. i view the show on SOHO 115 FOXTEL AUSTRALIA .

pam scarlata May 21, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Please don’t cancel Leverage, Rizzoli and Isles or Falling Skies.

Jaye April 5, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I love this show The Closer. Although I came late to the show , 5th season, I can’t wait to watch my taped shows of it. I also love watching the shows over and over again ! I hope it never ends – Kyra Sedgewick is the star of the show and it won’t be the same without her.
I’ve been a long time fan of Without A Trace and for The Closer to bump it down a notch I say the writers are doing something right ! Long live The Closer….

Terri November 13, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I too love the Closer! Sure hate to see it end! Hopefully they will reconsider ending the show and continue on with more seasons to come! Love this show!

Jill November 3, 2011 at 8:46 pm

I love the Closer it is my favorite show ever. I hope they change their minds and continue with the show. I believe it should continue for several more seasons. Thanks! To all the actors.
Best Ever!!!!

Alvin Anderson September 5, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I don’t want this series to end. It’s still fresh and a good mystery series. I hope they reconsder. Great cast and characters. Some of the characters are developing interesting twists to their characters that have been bringing new blood to the series. Is it because Kyra wants to move on?

gloria kimble September 5, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Man! I love this show I have been watching it since it started please please let’s start a drive to keep it running………………

MARY CHERNEY April 30, 2011 at 8:43 pm

This is the very best of the best ,at least. It has always been a winner, why not keep it on for as long as you can. The Closer is the best off season show and beats all the prime time shows. I miss it when it is gone and would hate to think TNT would drop it.

O. McDonald March 7, 2011 at 11:31 pm

One of the best shows on TV. The season seems to go so fast. I am constantly searching when it will be on again. Please do not cancel one of the best and realistic shows to come to TV!

missy February 17, 2011 at 9:54 am

I can not imagine TNT without The Closer I have loved this show since it started and continue to love it I hope they change their mind and stay on the air for even more seasons to come…..

daniel gorman January 29, 2011 at 10:29 pm

i love this show keep it on the air as long as you can

Charles January 5, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Why the kill a winning series is beyond me.

Annmarie January 3, 2011 at 7:30 pm

I LOVE THE CLOSER. I’ve heard both they are doing another season and not doing it. Please clarify for me. The show ROCKS. Please return

B January 1, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Unfortunately the show is ending in 2011. I can not imagine how much I am going to miss it. The Christmas episodes were great.