The Following

The Following TV show on FOXNetwork: FOX
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: January 21, 2013 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Kevin Bacon, James Purefoy, Shawn Ashmore, Annie Parisse, Adan Canto, Kyle Catlett, Natalie Zea, Nico Tortorella, and Valorie Curry.

current TV show

TV show description:
This psychological thriller begins when a notorious serial killer, Joe Carroll (James Purefoy), escapes from death row. The FBI calls in former agent Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon) to consult on the case. Having since withdrawn from the public eye, Hardy was responsible for Carroll’s capture in 2003. Carroll had murdered 14 female students on the Virginia college campus where he taught literature.

Hardy is a walking textbook of all-things Carroll and knows him better than anyone else. He may be Carroll’s only psychological and intellectual match. But the Ryan Hardy who broke the Carroll case years ago isn’t the same man today. Wounded both physically and mentally by his previous pursuit of this serial killer, it’s been a long time since Hardy has been in the field. Could this be his redemption?

In contrast to the original investigation of years ago, Hardy isn’t calling the shots anymore. He works closely with an FBI team, which includes young, razor-sharp Mike Weston (Shawn Ashmore) and FBI Specialist Debra Parker (Annie Parisse), who’s brought in to lead the investigation into Carroll and his followers — serial killers that secretly live among us.

Although Weston seems to idolize Hardy, most of the team considers him to be more of a liability than an asset. But Hardy proves his worth when he uncovers that Carroll was covertly communicating with a network of followers in the outside world. It quickly becomes obvious that he has more planned than just a prison escape.

The FBI’s investigation leads Hardy back to Claire Matthews (Natalie Zea), Carroll’s ex-wife and the mother of their young son, Joey (Kyle Catlett). Close during Hardy’s initial investigation, Hardy turns to Claire for insight into Carroll’s next move.

The tension rises when Carroll’s accomplices kidnap his intended last victim (Maggie Grace) a decade earlier. Hardy becomes ever more determined to end Carroll’s game when he realizes that the psychopath intends to finish what he started.

The drama follows Hardy and the FBI as they are challenged with the ever-growing web of murder around them. It’s all orchestrated by Carroll who dreams of writing a novel with Hardy as his protagonist. Since anyone anywhere could be one of Carroll’s serial killer followers, Hardy and the FBI have a hard time knowing who they can trust.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like The Following TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

liimarr March 5, 2013 at 3:50 pm

this show is amazing, a must watch for me. Please don’t cancel it Fox! (like you do with every show)

Danilo February 27, 2013 at 6:27 am

Sorry, it did not make the cut. Did not like it at all.

Abel February 27, 2013 at 12:19 am

About time to quit watching. Can ALL the good guys really be THAT stupid. Have the outsmarted the “Following” even once?….zzzzzzzzz……..and as feeble as they make Bacons character they should bring in Betty White to help him out

Carol February 26, 2013 at 10:57 pm

I am getting tired of this storyline. The show needs to end after this season. I love Kevin.

Cyndy February 26, 2013 at 10:34 pm

I swore I was finished with this stupid ridiculous show last week, I mean it this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rita Zuniga February 26, 2013 at 2:28 pm

The Following is a great series, i hope it is not cancelled, i love suspense movies, and this one is great. I even have me daughter hooked on the series. I look forward to Monday’s to watch the series. Keep up the good work on this program.

Asashii February 26, 2013 at 9:50 am

the show is very predictable, which i dont like, they think they are suprising you, but any half way tv person can figure it out. Waiting and hope that Hannibal will be better, The Following is becoming utter non-sense!

AAO February 19, 2013 at 10:10 pm

This tv show should be cancelled. Why? Because it is the most gory disgusting violent and gruesome show that I have ever seen in my many years of watching tv shows. Why would a network allow this when there is so much guts and gore in real life. What has happened to society when we allow such horrible scenes of death. Do we not hear and see enough in the real world?

Lisa York February 18, 2013 at 2:49 am

This is an awesome show, the first episode made me and my husband jump. I don’t undersstand why someone would want to take it off the air. Like any show if you don’t like it don’t watch.

Pamela February 8, 2013 at 3:07 pm

This is an excellent show its is reality ppl killers rapist and all kinds of hate could be living next to u. Atleast its better than pretend reality.
Please continue with the show I have only seen 3 episodes and I am hooked.

Pam

George B. January 26, 2013 at 9:34 am

The Following needs to be cancelled. We do not need the TV exposure of more shows dedicated to showing gruesome deaths with a serial killer theme, or anyother theme. Doesn’t anyone see that this type of show is not only an adrenaline rush, but serves as fodder to young adults who may carry it on to the next leveling of acting out? There is a cause and effect to what we feed into our minds. Why do you think there is so much advertising on TV? It’s there because it works.

Sheila February 5, 2013 at 2:11 pm

I Agree 100% with George B–I first watched this because it had Kevin Bacon but was beyond SHOCKED at this show–where do you think most people that commit crimes get these ideas???? It’s from show like this NOT FROM GUNS–I won’t be watching anymore–This world is crazy enough STop giving unstable people ideas.

Sandy February 12, 2013 at 10:13 pm

People came up with crazy ideas before tv or movies was invented you know, people died before tv shows or movies of video games. Its just a show.

Asashii February 26, 2013 at 9:51 am

stop letting uneducated people post uneducated comments on websites!

Lisa February 27, 2013 at 5:27 pm

This show isn’t any worse than the cop shows on tv. So if this the case then maybe they should block them. Oh also the news should go off because it gives kids ideas too. Sorry but lets be real ok, it’s NOT that bad

January Jennings January 24, 2013 at 12:45 pm

We were looking forward to seeing Kevin Bacon but the over the top violence and gore of this show forced us to turn it off. The graphic torture and bloody scenes could only appeal to mentally unhealthy people. Hollywood shows are setting their bars lower and lower and I can’t help but wonder how are these shows affecting mentally unstable people? We won’t be tuning in again.

Asashii February 26, 2013 at 9:52 am

yes and you are an expert on mental health are you.

Dave Grohl January 23, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Great acting, solid storyline. Wonderful show.

Gray February 26, 2013 at 6:13 pm

This is the biggest piece of crap, for both writing and predictability of any show that I have seen in a long time….I feel bad for poor Kevin Bacon, to be associated with just utterly stupid plots, and if I were the FBI and the police, I would be offended by how stupid they make these organizations look. All I can say is “This just garbage”…. and like all trash, it needs to be thrown out…..

steve April 30, 2013 at 1:12 am

You are absolutely correct. This show is ludicrous. Cops must hate this show. Bacon was excellent as a cop in Mystic River. He is lame in this ( due to the writing). I assume and hope this show will be cancelled so Bacon can get involved in a quality series.

Mary May 3, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I agree! I have watched it through the finale, hoping the writers will allow at least ONE officer to show he/she has at least a bird sized brain! I feel bad for our police organizations. NO show should be allowed to portray them as complete IDIOTS!!! Bacon deserves better!

Chris August 23, 2013 at 6:04 am

Dave Grohl? “THE” Dave Grohl?! Foo Fighters are good. This show is bad. Started out very excited to see a well done show with Kevin Bacon. Decided after 3 episodes I would no longer support a program which only serves to give wackos more bad ideas. I’m no prude, I love “The Walking Dead” and “Breaking Bad”.

Gregory Sylvain January 22, 2013 at 10:27 am

Excellent Premeire!! Scared the stuffing out of me! Such a fantastic,.exciting change of pace from all the ridiculous reality and talent shows. Keep It Going!!!

Susie Campbell January 22, 2013 at 5:57 am

Kevin Bacon and even the other actors seem to be good actors; however, the subject matter with all the gore is just not acceptable. And even for the story line, can Kevin Bacon be expected to get the “shit” kicked out of him both physically and emotionally every week?

This would have been better if perhaps the villain instead of “butchering” his subject was “planning” to do some evil globally and then Kevin Bacon could try to go after the “followers” each week.

Really disappointed — I was looking forward to seeing Kevin Bacon in something really good.

Sorry….. Please drop this series ASAP!

Sigh January 22, 2013 at 8:29 am

listen lady it crappy ideas like what you just said makes tv to the point boring and also the reason stupid reality tv is taking over and there is nothing more then what i hate then reality tv. first off its the firt episode ok chill out. 2nd it could be worse you could have to watch the damn american idol or even big brother. so 3 build a bridge and get over it

Lisa February 27, 2013 at 5:28 pm