The Neighbors: Season Two Ratings

The Neighbors TV show on ABC ratingsWhile The Neighbors didn’t attract a large audience in its first season, ABC decided to renew it and move the show to Friday nights. Will viewers make the move as well. Will the ratings be good enough to ensure a third season or will the series be cancelled instead? We shall see.

A family sitcom, The Neighbors follows the Weaver clan as they try to live in a beautiful gated community that’s filled with alien visitors from the planet Zabvron. The ensemble castmembers are Jami Gertz, Lenny Venito, Simon Templeman, Toks Olagundoye, Tim Jo, Clara Mamet, Ian Patrick, Isabella Cramp, and Max Charles.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

How are your shows doing? Check the season rankings: ABC | CBS | CW | FOX | NBC

5/9 update: ABC has cancelled The Neighbors after two seasons.

Final season averages: 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.09 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

Last year comparison: The first season of The Neighbors averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.19 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like The Neighbors TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Danny August 11, 2014 at 7:49 pm

The Neighbors was an amazing show. I havent laughed with TV in a while. I sure hope they change their minds or picked up by another network. It would be a shame to see Dick leave so soon.

Hayworth June 23, 2014 at 7:47 am

NOOOO! This can’t be true!
The Neighbors is so witty & funny – it’s been a long time since I’ve liked something as much as this show – I so hope it’s picked up by another network…..Please!

Stephen Parker June 20, 2014 at 10:57 pm

So, I presume THE NEIGHBORS have/has been permanently evicted? Ridiculous! ABC parades new shows faster than someone with a cold uses a box of kleenex!

Sindhura June 4, 2014 at 4:11 pm

if u want to cancel,cancel orange is the new black and Mom they’re very offendingand not family friendly pls don’t cancel neighbors

Sindhura June 4, 2014 at 4:08 pm

i love this show it’s very funny ,y do they always cancel the funny shows and it’s family

amy May 21, 2014 at 9:11 pm

It’s a great show I don’t get to see it on time because I work nights but I’d catch it online weekly and am sad to see it go. I was excited to see how the story line was going with all the other alien family’s gone. It should have been renewed for A 3rd season.

Sharon McCarty May 15, 2014 at 5:38 pm

You don’t see too many family shows on anymore. Either it is a stupid reality show or another cooking show or maybe another judge poophead show. Leave neighbors alone. Larry is having another little alien and it should be a good season.

Doug May 14, 2014 at 3:44 pm

If only they had been creative enough to fill the neighborhood with ZOMBIES…………

Chris May 14, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Great family show-I know the networks have a difficult time leaving on actual clean family programming. This is a funny show that if you should leave on. It is developing a cult following. Please bring it back.

Caitlin May 13, 2014 at 7:45 pm

I really liked watching this show with my brother and my dad. At least we have recorded episodes we haven’t watched yet. :P I hope ABC brings back The Neighbors or at least gives it to another channel!

David May 15, 2014 at 12:05 am

Sign and spread this petition, we will hope for miracle …

Ann Fields May 13, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Loved this show. It was very political & thought provoking but with humor. There really isn’t much good coming from writers anymore. Please don’t replace it with a Dr., Cop or Lawyer show & please don’t have anymore shows with medical examiners in them. Also, no more espionage, spying etc. Also, ease up on the Apocalyptic themes. New ideas & creativity, please.

Michele May 13, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Please don’t cancel The Neighbors. We love that show. There isn’t much to choose from anymore.

Pamela May 13, 2014 at 1:21 am

My husband and I are so disappointed that The Neighbors was cancelled. We really enjoyed watching it!! {{{sigh}}}

Stephen Parker May 14, 2014 at 2:55 pm

ABC appears to be the most inane, disordered network in operation! A continuous cavalcade of planned obsolescence. A new show is previewed for weeks and weeks and touted as “1 by critical acclaim”, etc. and then, when the show does poorly (largely due to lack of proper support by the network) the show is unceremoniously dumped! THE NEIGHBORS squeaked by the first season because of the fans but then to take the show and place it in the “dead zone” of an 8:30 p.m. Friday night slot instead of simply leaving it in its more secure former time frame? Ridiculous! I believe the writing, acting and resultant humor were all too tongue in cheek and sophisticated for the execs at ABC. Other mediocre nonsense which passes for “comedy” gets a free pass while a savvy gem like THE NEGHBORS gets axed. I look at my TV screen and ask “What’s wrong with this picture?” Boo! Hiss!

ELizabeth May 12, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Darn! What a great family show – so many other crappy ones that could have been cut.

Irene May 12, 2014 at 4:28 pm

This show is not only smart, it is sweet. ABC did the show a disservice changing its time slot around. One of the few shows that made me laugh out loud. Please bring Neighbors back!

Stephen Parker May 14, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Irene, I completely agree with you. It is rare these days to find that classic blend of snarkiness and warmth. THE NEIGHBORS had that infectiously self-deprecating inside joke, nudge nudge, wink sort of candor and mirth that is missing in the supposedly “top-rated” comedies. The time change certainly drove a stake through the program’s heart. This sorrowful situation is all too reminiscent of when the savvy series PUSHING DAISIES was abruptly axed and replaced by the insanely idiotic WIPE OUT.