The Nine Lives of Chloe King

Last episode of Nine Lives of Chloe King TV seriesNetwork: ABC Family
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 14, 2011 — August 16, 2011
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Skyler Samuels, Amy Pietz, Grey Damon, Grace Phipps, Benjamin Stone, Alyssa Diaz, and Ki Hong Lee.

past TV show

TV show description:
Based on the book series of the same name, this TV series follows Chloe King (Skyler Samuels) a teenager who’s pretty, smart, and a slightly off-beat girl with a serious independent streak. She was adopted from the Ukraine and now lives in San Francisco with her single mother, real estate agent Meredith King (Amy Pietz). Chloe is looking forward to celebrating her birthday with her friends and mom.

It’s just like any other year until she starts developing heightened abilities and discovers she’s being pursued by a mysterious figure. Chloe soon learns she’s part of super-human ancient race with cat-like abilities called the Mai. The Mai have been hunted by human assassins for millenia. Can she navigate the perils of being a teenager while also saving her people from extinction?

Chloe’s best male friend is Paul (Ki Hong Lee), a second-generation Asian-American who’s obsessed with video games and comics. He may look like a slacker compared to his high-achieving siblings, but he’s always up for adventure — especially after Chloe’s discovery.

Amy (Grace Phipps) is Chloe’s best friend since childhood. Not afraid to be her own person, Amy is a top student who’s not only dealing with her first serious relationship, but also with the fact that her BFF has special powers.

Alek Petrov (Benjamin Stone) is a good-looking high school athlete with a bad boy edge and a killer accent. He’s always known that he is a descendant of the ancient Mai race. His parents were killed during a battle between Mai and The Order and is now living with his cousin Jasmine’s family. Jasmine (Alyssa Diaz) is also a Mai descendant. Behind her shy and compassionate exterior, Jasmine is at heart a fierce protector — and once she finds out about Chloe King’s identity, Jasmine is determined to keep her safe.

Brian Rezza (Grey Damon) is a charming guy whose unpretentious nature contradicts his family’s wealthy lifestyle. He’s no stranger to misfortune, though as he witnessed his mother’s murder when he was only 14 years old. His father wants him to join the “family business” — even though that business wants Chloe, his new love interest, dead.

space

Series Finale

Episode 10 — Beautiful Day
After finding out that his grandmother is still alive, Brian and Chloe pay her a visit, where they learn more about Brian’s father. After they leave it is revealed that his grandmother really runs The Order and Simone works for her.

Chloe gets a text asking her to meet her father; she reluctantly accepts a ride from Brian, but lies about her destination (he finds out anyway). Brian says that he will wait outside until he knows she’s safe.

Meanwhile, Meredith has an important meeting with some investors. It turns out to be Brian’s father, serving as a distraction so Chloe would be alone. The meeting is a trap, and Chloe has to fight for her life. After defeating three thugs, Simone blocks her way and shoots her. Brian finds her apparently dead and kisses her, declaring his love.

Chloe returns to life but Brian’s kiss has devastating consequences and he dies. At the same time, Zane, who works for Simone, shoots Valentina with a slow-acting poison dart, which keeps her from dying until he can murder Jasmine in front of her.

Alek returns to find both of them on the floor with Zane standing over them, who states he is Alek’s brother. Paul and Amy come into the theater and find Chloe holding a lifeless Brian.
First aired: August 16, 2011.

space

What do you think? Do you like Chloe King? How should the series have been wrapped up? Would you like to see a movie?

Rochelle November 8, 2014 at 3:57 pm

I really like the series bring it back there are so many questions and the story is great. Why did you cancel it???!!!

Jessica March 17, 2013 at 9:27 pm

I love this show.
Bring it back, I want season 2.

Anonymous March 17, 2013 at 3:55 pm

I love this show so much, Once I started watching it I couldn’t stop.
I want to see more, I want to know if Chloe will be alive, or will Chloe get together with Alek or will Alek kill his “brother”.

Anonymous March 2, 2013 at 6:46 pm

I don’t really watch that show , but I hope i get to watch it.
And I really want that show back.

Tanya November 18, 2012 at 1:34 am

Can’t even express how upset I was to know that this show was cancelled! Definitely one of my favorite shows. Seems ABC Family is cancelling so many good shows and leaving really dumb ones on. Nine Lives Of Chloe King took me back in the days of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, another incredible show. I miss this show like I miss Buffy. Not to mention how it ended. ABC Family really messed up cancelling this show. Plus they’ve already cancelled Jane By Design and No Ordinary Family. All that’s left that I watch is Bunheads. If they cancel that one, I’m boycotting ABC Family! If they can’t get their act straight there and stop cancelling some of their best shows, I don’t think I want to watch their programming anymore, only to get caught up in a show that they’ll end up cancelling anyway.

Upset October 25, 2012 at 8:16 pm

This sucks!!!!!! Bring it back. Now. Seriously. I need to know what happens :((

Sherri August 22, 2012 at 9:06 pm

WHY!? Another show I absolutely adored canceled… it is very sad really.

Tijuana July 21, 2012 at 7:24 am

Awesome show!!!!! Wasn’t aware of its existence, til found on netflix. The show was full of fun, adventure, suspense, drama, and romance. All the ingredients to make for a lasting series. I would love it if ABC Family TV reconsiders and bring the show back on the air. Run several promotional ads of season return of “The Nine Lives of Chloe King” . The entire cast was great. The return of the series could be quit easy.
Skyler Samuels: (Chloe) – 7 lives remaining
Amy Pietz: (Meredith) – Rescued by Chloe and friends
Grey Damon: (Brian) – Temporary paralysis from Chloe’s kiss
Grace Phipps: (Amy) – BFF’s forever
Benjamin Stone: (Alek) – still a part of the twisted love triangle
Alyssa Diaz: (Jasmine) – Seriosly wounded, but miraculously recovers
Ki Hong Lee: (Paul) – BMF foever
Anxiously awaiting the return of “The Nine Lives of Chloe King”.

Awesome show!!!!! Wasn’t aware of its existence, til found on netflix. The show was full of fun, adventure, suspense, drama, and romance. All the ingredients to make for a lasting series. I love if ABC Family TV reconsider and run several promotional ads of season return of “The Nine Lives of Chloe King” . The entire cast was great. The return of the series could be quit easy

janette July 18, 2012 at 10:45 am

many people i know loved to watch the nine lifes of chloe king but do to ur guys cancellinig it many people wounder when is it going to continue many of us would like to see the nine lifes of chloe king. It was a great tv show and had great stuff and specialy cute guys like benjamin stone and brian quick recomendation if u want the tv show to have a great inpact on the aduionce just make the cover look more interesting and continue with what u where doing and trust me it will have great INPACT on ur audience sincerly janette

TS July 13, 2012 at 5:55 pm

i Love this show its amazing! and their should be another season i can’t wait for another season! this is one of the best shows I’v seen.

janette July 18, 2012 at 10:47 am

i know i love the tv show to so sad they havent aired it i want to see another season

Chelsey July 3, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I loved this show from day one and was hurt to find out it was cancelled! I would love to see a movie to wrap up cliff hangers!!!

Alexa Shear June 25, 2012 at 12:00 am

i love this show!!! It sucks where they ended the show!! i hope that they air it again because if they dont i will be mad!! lol

Kat June 23, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I can’t believe it’s already been a year! I miss this show so much. It was totally set to be the new Buffy.