The Quest: Season One Ratings

The Quest TV show on ABC ratingsLast season, ABC tried a murder mystery reality show with the Whodunnit? series. It didn’t do very well. Now they’re trying another fantasy competition with The Quest. Will this one be a ratings success and be renewed for a second season, or will it be cancelled too? Stay tuned!

On The Quest, a dozen everyday people are transported to a fantasy world called Everealm where they have adventures and compete to be the last “true hero” remaining. The cast includes Peter Windhofer, Jan Hutter, Marcello de Nardo, Susanne Gschwendtner, Stephanie Buddenbrock, Florence Kasumba, Mai Duong Kieu, and Doug Tait.

Update: Will ABC be renewing The Quest for a second season?

Final season averages: 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.94 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like The Quest TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

viewer September 21, 2014 at 10:15 pm

This show was truly amazing. Who would think to combine fantasy with reality competition? Now, reading the other comments on here made me want to leave my two cents worth. The “lack of fantasy” could easily be because this is a new series, and the last series ABC tried to broadcast (whodunit), they probably were not sure of how today’s viewer would take to this new TV idea. With an average of 4.4 million viewers, I would say that this was a success! Renewing their contract for another series can only improve it’s content and worth! They could collect more budget to give the show more power and magical aspects, and the story can just keep going!

Theresa September 20, 2014 at 9:25 pm

This show is awesome and I would like to see more of Sir Ansgar. The only thing that
would make this more awesome is if the “creatures and villains” would stay around for
a little more to make it more believable. Otherwise, it was great~ so please at least renew
for a second season. Thanks!

Casey September 16, 2014 at 10:34 pm

After watching to the end I’m disappointed that the producers of the show weren’t creative enough to capture a larger audience. I found some of the challenges to be interesting, the competitors to be enthusiastic, and the actors (especially Sir Ansgar) to be entertaining. However, given the fact that movie franchises based on fictional worlds, such as Star Wars and Lord of the Rings have massive fan bases, I think the show could have done so much better in the ratings. One idea that occurred to me is to have had a great fantasy author write a book about Everealm before the show started. That way viewers would have had some idea of what the hell kind of world Everealm is, instead of just a generic fantasy setting. It looked fun for the paladins, but not as much fun to watch. I didn’t feel much immersion in the storyline at all. I give kudos to the producers for getting this concept on the air. I just wish it was more inspired.

Wind September 18, 2014 at 4:31 pm

All they would need to do is have a good fantasy writer on the set for the script.

I agree with you 100%, and our sentiments are pretty much the same.

Fantasy is not some unusual genre that people are not into. With the ratings and $$$ that the Hobbit brought in, there’s a BIG audience.

But people love to see elaborate, beautiful, immersive fantasy worlds. Again, I agree with you – while I loved the show, it did lack creativity. There were no mythological creatures, witches, warlocks, or tons and tons of magick to really spice things up. Where are the centaurs, the talking trees, elves, and mystical forests? I know this kind of stuff takes more money than ABC was probably willing to shell out. Maybe they should just cut the reality tv aspect and turn this into a regular series based off of the paladins coming into the world? IDK. I think this was doomed from the start and it was just a filler for the summer lineup.

SyFy would probably have been a better channel for this show, but then maybe they would have made it too gory (not family friendly)??? I know they already have Face Off and that utopian sewage people vs. rich buggers show, so maybe they rejected any proposals. I think it’s just generally hard for reality tv shows to survive without large budgets nowadays, and fantasy sets, costumes, and storylines can really rack up the bills…

Kirk Levingar September 15, 2014 at 11:47 pm

The Quest was an outstanding reality tv competition with a very family friendly story line! This show brought out people’s excellent character traits which is vastly different then the back stabbing behavior that is the hallmark of every other reality show. What made this unique was it intermixed a scripted story centered around each competition. I found myself and my kids too, cheering for Shondu every episode because we agreed that he embodied all the traits we felt represented a true hero. I myself would love to be on this show, and I speak for my whole family who enjoyed this show that we want another season!

Laurie September 15, 2014 at 10:39 pm

This show was AWESOME!!! Please make some more of them!

Anonymous September 14, 2014 at 11:46 pm

In watching the quest for the first episode, I actually thought it was just a new story type TV show, and I love my medieval fantasy stuff, so I totally was up for giving it a try. When I found out it was reality game show kind of thing, I was even more thrilled, because these were every day people, people you might seen on TV for MMA or a person you might pass on the street on your way to work. The story surely kept me going, the people kept me cheering, the challenges I found really interesting. At some points, they made it obvious: Hey here is the next challenge, pass it or you’ll be getting voted off the island, but I think that is something can easily be improved. The one challenge that wasn’t like that was the one with the cages, because the heroes seemed to figure it out on their own and there was no obvious announcement about it being the challenge. The story was very in depth and very interesting, it really kept me going, the graphics were fantastic, and what could be better than to bring back all the banished paladins to fight in the end? I not only want that show to come back again, but I would kill for the chance to be on the show myself.