Those Who Kill: LMN TV Series Cancelled, No Season Two

Those Who Kill TV show canceledTo no surprise, the Those Who Kill TV show has been cancelled after one season. A dramatic thriller, the series follows homicide detective Catherine Jensen (Chloë Sevigny) as she tracks down serial killers in the Pittsburgh area. Others in the cast include James D’Arcy, James Morrison, Bruce Davison, Omid Abtahi, and Kerry O’Malley.

The series drew terrible ratings on A&E and was pulled from the cable channel after two episodes. The dramatic thriller was later relaunched on Lifetime Movie Network (LMN). Though the series earned some devoted fans, the ratings got even worse. The finale drew just 480,000 viewers.

The last episode aired on May 18th and series creator Glen Morgan tweeted, “Thank you to Those Who Found, Watched and Supported #ThoseWhoKill. We’ll miss Pittsburgh. #LetsGoBucs.”

He also noted that, “Catherine will be okay.” — a nod to the last episode’s cliffhanger ending in which the main character’s fate was left up in the air.

What do you think? Did you enjoy this series? Why didn’t it catch on?

koliveira October 23, 2014 at 11:27 pm

One of the few shows my husband and I both watched and enjoyed together. Such a shame that this won’t be coming back for another season. Excellent story line and acting. The first mistake was that it followed the much advertised “Bates Motel” very late on a work night. The second mistake was that they didn’t give it much thought before airing it and hoped that it would catch on. Earlier air times would also have captured a wider audience.

Karen October 4, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Pathetic LACK of advertising. I had never even heard of the show until I stumbled upon it by accident – and then loved it!! Nobody I know has ever heard of it either. Such a shame, this show was excellent!

michele papa September 30, 2014 at 12:03 pm

i love this show. so sorry it has been cancelled.

Jodi Correll September 30, 2014 at 9:48 am

Well maybe because I’m from just outside Pittsburgh, but my friends and I were DEVOUT WATCHERS! This show had EVERYTHING. Quirky Chloe’s character and all her issues was the perfect set up for a “never know what’s next” drama. If no one watched I blame the WEAK, effort of promos and lack of any hype anywhere! Nine of my friends ever heard of it till I posted about it on FB, and they became die hard fans immediately.

SUCH A SHAME. Just like Killer Women – another good one bites the dust because no one knew it existed.

Amy September 5, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Too bad :( Really great show. Everyone sucks and doesn’t know good when they see it.

commenter July 28, 2014 at 4:41 pm

At least it had Desmond Harrington for a few episodes. I’m not going to remember the rest.

Deb Bowman July 27, 2014 at 6:10 pm

I thought this series was fantastic—spell-binding. Of course, it’s been cancelled. Same thing happened years ago with Fox’s series, The Inside.

Georgoia July 27, 2014 at 5:22 pm

SUCH SAD NEWS THAT THIS SHOW HAS BEEN CANCELLED! WE REALLY LOVED THIS SERIES! Was sorry it didn’t get higher ratings. And can’t understand why. It had great actors and a terrific story line. We followed it over to Lifetime and watched the remaining episodes. Had fingers crossed it’d be given another season. I’m not sure why some of the awful shows remain season ands season and the good ones get the boot.