Those Who Kill: A&E TV Show Returning; Not Cancelled But…

Those Who Kill returning but canceled?Ratings-challenged Those Who Kill is coming back to television — but it’s not returning to A&E. While the show hasn’t been cancelled, the move isn’t exactly a sign of confidence from the cable channel.

The show revolves around a homicide detective (Chloe Sevigny) and an academic forensic psychologist (James D’Arcy) who work to solve crimes in Pittsburgh. Others in the cast include James Morrison, Omid Abtahi, Kerry O’Malley, Bruce Davison, Kathy Baker, Michael Rispoli, and Anne Dudek.

A&E pulled Those Who Kill from the schedule after two episodes had aired to low ratings. The premiere attracted 3.07 million but the second installment plunged to just 830,000.

On the show’s Facebook page, it was quietly announced that the Chloe Sevigny series will return this Sunday on LMN TV (Lifetime Movie Network). LMN is a sister network to A&E.

The first two episodes will rerun starting at 8pm. Then, new episodes will air starting at 10pm. There are 10 episodes in the season.

While it’s nice that the remaining episodes will air, it’s unlikely that most fans will know they’re being shown. Many cable subscribers may not even know if they have LMN TV. The ratings will surely be terrible.

This move by A&E feels like they’re just burning off the remaining episodes, a sign that the show has essentially been cancelled already.

What do you think? Do you plan on watching the remaining episodes of Those Who Kill? Do you think the show will be cancelled or, is there a chance it could see a second season?

225 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Tells says

I hate when the networks do this!!! This show really kicked ass!! I loved the 1st season and really hope they do a 2nd. If not maybe Netflix or Hulu can pick it up, viewership may not have been in the billions but sometimes these are the shows that build a following w/devoted fan base. I hope it comes back.

2. Sharon Sanford says

Please don’t cancel. My husband and I are VERY interested in the show and want it to continue.

3. Dennis Hoover says

I love the show … watched every episode because when A&E quit showing I searched for it and found it on the other channel..Hope it continues ..I love the show… they must have not bothered to get the change out there and that’s why the low ratings .. cause its a great show.

4. Sylvia says

PLEASE Don’t cancel “Those Who Kill”!!!! I loved this show!! I became addicted to it!! Please, please continue it for me & the other fans!! PLEASE!!!!

5. Cindy says

I can Not believe this show was cancelled! I have been looking forward to season 2 for months. Please reconsider your decision and move forward with this intriguing series.

6. nancy clark says

Yes, please bring it back. This was an excellent show. Of all the shows to cancel, this should not have been among them.

7. pj says

I’m missing the series ‘Those Who Kill’ with Chloe Sevigny, which I believe has been cancelled because A&E dropped it and allowed Lifetime to run the remaining first season. If I had a choice between ‘The Fall’ and “Those who kill’, I would choose the later because it was really starting to heat up and the psychological aspects were just beginning to be developed instead of coming to fruition.
    Please renew ‘Those Who Kill’ for at least a second season.

8. says

I loved Those Who Kill!! I went to watch it again, and it was gone ! I miss it, I do not have the Lifetime Movie Channel….. please bring it back to A & E.

9. says

Those who kill is a very good show so please bring it back I watch it from the beginning & I plan to watch until the end so please bring it back don’t leave us hanging” Thank You ” would appreciate much “

10. Pat Roberts says

Why would you guys take good well written shows and cancel them? Sad. Really a good show, a little dark, but no more so than Criminal Minds. I hope it comes back.