Trisha, The Test, Serch: Daytime Shows Cancelled

trisha goddard canceledTHR reports that daytime talk shows Trisha and The Test have both been cancelled. In addition, MC Serch’s test series Serch won’t be moving forward.

NBCUniversal has confirmed that Trisha, which stars British talk show host Trisha Goddard, is being cancelled after two seasons. In a statement, the studio said, “Trisha is a great talent and we recognize and are grateful for all of the hard work that Trisha and the production staff have put in to the show for the past two seasons.”

Meanwhile, CBS Television Distribution wouldn’t comment on the cancellation of The Test, a conflict resolution talk show, but sources confirmed the bad news. Hosted by Kirk Fox, it premiered last September but never caught on. Both Trisha and The Test have averaged a 0.6 rating this season.

Serch had a three week test-run on Tribune stations in New York, Los Angeles, and other markets. It averaged a 1.0 rating and showed some signs of growth but CBS has opted not to move forward with a national rollout.

What do you think? Will you miss any of these daytime shows?

Heather Little October 21, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Kirk Fox’s voice is like nails on a chalkboard. Like he hit puberty and it never developed.

Heather Little October 21, 2014 at 1:58 pm

People that have been molested by monsters and never got justice need shows like Steve Wilkos. He puts horrible people in jail and he’s got clout for a reason. He forces people to contemplate in the quiet of their own home what they feel morally. He creates a platform for thought processes. Whether it be a pervert or a bad mother who didn’t protect her child – people need to see outside themselves sometimes in order to understand themselves and their own situation. Just because he’s on in the morning when Jerry is doesn’t mean he’s trash. If you feel the show is..then consider yourself blessed because you obviously haven’t been raped or molested. My mother says what’s the point and that pissed me off but of course she wouldn’t like it because she’s a mother that abandoned and abused me and my sisters. It forces her to at least THINK about her horrible past actions and I appreciate that. She may not care to watch it but there are others who feel horrible about thier past actions and watching a show like Wilkos can help them sort issues out. Morality is the focus of his show.

Heather Little October 21, 2014 at 1:44 pm

I attended one of Trisha’s shows and she made an impression on me! She is warm and caring – genuinely concerned at getting to the heart of the matter. She is not like Maury at all ( went to that one too and had the most fun ever! ) – Trish talks about things that maury doesn’t. Maury is all baby-mama drama, promiscuous teens & abusive spouses that are sent to moral boot camp..Maury tries to help too ) Trish tackles big topics and has a serious tone because she is here to help and I think she’s wonderful because of it. I am SHOCKED that her show got such low ratings – Trisha educates society and I am pissed her show is over. The highlight of my trip to NYC was attending her show.

laura October 20, 2014 at 8:28 am

Get rid of the freak show jerry springer and bring back trish

louise west October 14, 2014 at 12:40 pm

forget the test bring Trisha back take Maury off

Stephanie James October 14, 2014 at 4:06 am

the Trisha Goddard show is totally different from Steve Wilko Jerry Springer or Maury.trying to compare apples and oranges she is at the heart of the matter for her guests. I really miss her show please bring it back.

Bobbie October 10, 2014 at 2:43 pm

I want the test back …I would get up early before work just to watch it ..you freaking suck for letting it go fu$% you and your ataff bring back kirk
Bobbie
Greensboro NC

Tinker October 6, 2014 at 3:28 pm

The Test was a poorly done show. The host needs to find him a new line of work because he came across as a horrible host and really boring. Trish tried to copy Maury but she just never seem to have it together so I can see why it was dumped. I would figure it was about time to get Jerry Springer off tv but he must have enough of an audience to keep going.

Diggygibson September 29, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Bring Trish back!

Seriously October 8, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Exactly!!! Bring Trish back ASAP.

Betty October 10, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Bring Trisha back please. Take Jerry Springer off.Its been on long enough

Raquel September 23, 2014 at 10:30 am

Steve Wilcos IS NOT TRASH. I don’t have a lot of time for TV during the day but I never miss him. He should not be grouped together with the Jerry Springer show. He does a lot of good with his time on the air!!!

KC September 26, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Are you serious? Steve Wilkos should not be in the same sentence! Trisha had the degrees what Steve has?

Pineapple September 22, 2014 at 6:29 am

I’m glad this trash was cancelled. If only they would cancel the SUPER TRASH, Jerry Springer.

KC September 26, 2014 at 12:25 pm

And Steve and Trisha was not TRASH! You probably don’t have a degree either

Boogie September 18, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Steve Wilkos is definitely not trash. He exposes pedophiles that more often then not, result in prosecutions. Trish and The Test were so-so.

Fan of Trisha September 14, 2014 at 10:09 pm