Twisted: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Twisted TV show on ABC FamilyLast year, ABC Family introduced three new dramas — Twisted, Ravenswood, and The Fosters. Ravenswood (a Pretty Little Liars spin-off) has been cancelled while The Fosters has been renewed. What will become of Twisted?

Airing on Tuesday nights, Twisted is a mystery/thriller series that revolves around 17 year old Danny Desai (Avan Jogia). Six years ago, he was charged with killing his aunt and he ended up spending five years in juvenile detention. Now, he’s been released and has returned to his small hometown in New York. As he tries to resume his life, a classmate is killed and Danny becomes a key suspect. The cast also includes Madelaine Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Ashton Moio, Kimberly Quinn, Denise Richards, and Sam Robards.

The pilot episode aired as a special preview in March 2013 and drew 1.19 million viewers. It wasn’t a great start but the ratings picked up when the regular season started in June. They quickly fell again but ABC Family ordered 10 additional episodes of Twisted anyway. That decision may have been influenced by the fact that they had recently cancelled Bunheads and The Lying Game.

When the second half of the season kicked off in February and viewership nearly hit a new low, despite the fact that it had popular Pretty Little Liars as a lead-in. Last week, when Twisted no longer had that strong lead-in, viewership hit an all-time low with just 726,000 viewers.

The second half of the season averaged 1.11 million viewers. Ravenswood was cancelled with higher viewership. Based on these numbers, it’s looking unlikely that ABC Family will order a second season of Twisted.

But, what do you think? Are you a fan? Should Twisted be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

8/13 update: ABC Family has cancelled Twisted after one season.

Canceled and renewed TV show

3,387 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Sue morningstar says

I started to watch twisted and could not wait for the next one. I would really hope that I has a second season. I even told my granddaughter to watch it, and she really liked it. Even though i’am not a youngster I still really liked the show. So please keep it going

2. Danesha Chambers says

Twisted most definitely needs to be continued!!! It’s such a great show and it’s so intriguing!!! Please please please let there be another season

3. destiny says

I just finished watching the first season on Netflix, just to find out there might not be another season. I hope they renew another season. I need to know what happens!!!!!

4. says

I hope the second season of twisted airs. I am a big fan and have so many questions going into the second season. Its weird how they show something so big then leave all this suspense which will kill views of the show.

5. Amari says

I think they should countine twisted it was a really good show I was looking forward to it . I really do hope abc family changes their mind
    . Or they could just do one more episode to show us at least happened that night on the season final. Please just give twisted one more chance to see if they can turn it around and we can get more viewers.
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Please

6. mickel says

I love twisted. I am sick and tired of abc family taking away all the good shows and leaving us viewers wondering what in the world happened. I really want twisted to have another season because im dying to know the rest. So please renew it for another season

7. Shay says

No no no please finish it! I love mystery thrillers they are great you have to at least have a second season you left it so open!

8. Jennifer says

Come on… I want to know what happens at least show us some answers to the questions?! I have nothing else better to do on my nights when the show comes on in desperate…. :’-(

• Jenni says

I agree , I think A bc should give twisted a chance it’s a great show me and my sister love watching it I really hope they finish season 2!!!

9. says

This really sucks I stated watching twisted on Netflix to find out
    There might nit be a second season
    Is terrible I hope abc changes there minds I think it’s a pretty good tv show it would suck if they didn’t at less finish the second season :(