Tyrant: Season One Ratings

Tyrant FX TV show ratingsFX has found some great success with their scripted dramas, especially ones like Sons of Anarchy and American Horror Story. Will Tyrant also be a ratings hit? Will it be renewed for a second season or will it be cancelled instead? We’ll have to wait and see.

Tyrant revolves around the youngest son of a dictator who returns to his war-torn country in the Middle-East with his American family. The drama’s cast includes Adam Rayner, Ashraf Barhom, Moran Atias, Jennifer Finnigan, Anne Winters, Noah Silver, Mehdi Dehbi, Fares Fares, Alice Krige, Salim Daw, and Justin Kirk.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.55 million total viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to locate so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you like the Tyrant TV series? Do you think that it should be renewed for a second season?

UPDATE: FX has renewed Tyrant for a second season.

Thumbs up September 27, 2014 at 4:44 am

Although the serie wasnt in the native language it was something I would like to see more of, hoping for a season two!!

Arthur September 27, 2014 at 11:00 pm

I already posted below that it has been renewed for a Season 2. Here ism the link:

Glad to see that! Now, if only FX will renew The Bridge for a season 3, that will make my day!

george September 26, 2014 at 6:53 pm

1st TV series show I’ve watched in over 20 years…got me watching season finale of sons of anarchy…..fx….that’s wasup….

FEDERICOALCANTARA September 26, 2014 at 3:17 pm

I AM HERE IN VENEZUELA – FIRST TIME I SAW THE SERIES, THE BEGINNING THEN AFTERWARD IT DISPAPPEARED – HOW COME? – I AM NOT MUCH OF A TV VIEWER BUT I LIKED THE MOVIE VERY MUCH – WOULD THERE BE POSSIBILITIES THAT IT WOULD BE RUN AGAIN? PLEASE.

James September 23, 2014 at 2:53 pm

I love this show. I cannot believe some of the bad reviews it received when I found it to be very well done. It reminds of Kings which did not have another season which was extremely disappointing.

Looking forward to the next season. Wish it was sooner. It is frustrating having televisions seasons getting further and further part making it difficult hold the interest of much of the audience.

Arthur September 23, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Understand where you are coming from, regarding having to wait until next season. I felt the same way when Seasons 1 & 2 of The Following and The Americans ended, and also when Season 1 of The Bridge completed. Soon, Season 2 of The Bridge will finish, and the way the story is moving along, I’ll bet it will leave all of us hanging!

One thing I always do is to re-watch an entire prior season, before the beginning of the new one. I will download Season 1 of Tyrant, and re-watch it. As it is, I am trying to catch up with all the prior seasons of Justified (another excellent FX series), and I’m only through Episode 3 of Season 2!

Tita montag September 21, 2014 at 2:34 pm

I want more!!! Here in my country are a lot of followers. More of Tyrant please!!!!

Theresa September 20, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Thank you so so much for renewing Tyrant !!! I can’t wait for 13 episodes Summer 2015. Congratulations to a great CAST

John September 20, 2014 at 3:25 pm

As a person who studies the Middle East and who appreciates a fictionalized account of a regime, I believe that this is a bold effort by Raff, Gordon and Wright. For those who have written the negative comments I ask “Who else has ever attempted to tackle such a complex and ambitious story via series television?” GREAT JOB FX!!!

April September 18, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Awful show! Has very poor ratings yet it’s being renewed for a second season???!!!! Is it because it supports an anti-arab bias?

Mike October 8, 2014 at 2:02 am

#1 The ratings were not bad they simply were not spectacular. Plenty of shows with worse ratings were renewed.

#2 The show is not anti-arab in any way. If anything the show extols the virtues of the culture and examines them in more than just the typical maniacal narrative.

…great job on the renew FX.

Anonymous October 8, 2014 at 11:38 am

I love this show.

Maria September 18, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Pls bring it back! It’s a very,very good movie!

maria September 27, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Yes bring it back!!!!

Arthur September 27, 2014 at 11:02 pm

I already posted below that it has been renewed for a Season 2. Here is the lonk:

admin September 28, 2014 at 7:50 am
ewgynyu September 18, 2014 at 9:03 am

It’s a good show like Homeland, not so good as Homeland but very interesting

Kathe September 18, 2014 at 8:44 am

This is a great show; great plot, great actors …… bring it back!!

III September 17, 2014 at 11:07 pm

Love the show! Season 2 is a must

Power play September 17, 2014 at 7:01 pm

I really enjoyed the show. Please bring it back!

lety September 17, 2014 at 1:57 am

Very good show

Arthur September 19, 2014 at 11:57 am

Yeah, it’s been RENEWED!!!!!

I actually expected that, given that season 2 for The Americans did not have real great ratings, but it was renewed. Also, even with Fargo having a definitive ending, it too was renewed.

The Bridge continues to be excellent, and there are only two episodes left. Hopefully, it will be renewed for a Season 3.

FX IS THE BEST!!!!