V: ABC Cancels Sci-Fi TV Series; No Season Three

V season three canceledSadly, the Visitors aren’t among us any longer. After two short seasons, ABC has cancelled their V TV series.

A reimagining of the original V, this series tells the tale of what happens when an advanced alien race arrives of Earth professing their desire to help mankind. Fortunately, not everyone trusts them. The second season features the talents of Charles Mesure, Elizabeth Mitchell as Erica Evans, Joel Gretsch, Laura Vandervoort, Logan Huffman, Morena Baccarin, Morris Chestnut, and Scott Wolf.

For season one, V ended up averaging a 2.25 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic and 5.7 million average viewers. It was “on the bubble” but ended up being renewed for a 13 episode second season. The network was hoping that the show would catch on and the ratings would improve.

Should V have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

ABC later reduced the episode order to just 10 installments and debuted them mid-season. Unfortunately, ABC’s gamble didn’t pay off. Season two of V ended up averaging only a 1.9 in the demo and 5.49 million viewers.

Though the network and producers maintained that the show was still in contention for next season, it was clear that there would only be a third season of V if ABC was willing to gamble once again. In the end, they weren’t.

ABC confirmed today that V has been cancelled after two seasons and 22 episodes. The series finale aired on March 15th and, unfortunately, there were lots of unresolved cliffhangers. Hopefully the producers will someday share what they had in mind for season three.

What do you think? Are you sad that V won’t be returning next season? Why do you think the series didn’t catch on?

Wondering where the rest of your shows stand? Check our ABC cancel/renew page.

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,011 Comments · Read them below or add one

• Price says

This show should be picked up by Netflix with the original writers and producers.Now would be the best time to release it.They would definitely need to improve the green screen quality.

1. kross says

Seriously, just heard bout V from my lil kilo, watched the first season and it was mind blowing, I even asked someone to get the second season and all that comes after, not knowing its gonna end at the second season, its bad cos they just left us in suspense, you can’t even guess what’s gonna happen next, Tyler is dead, Lisa imprisoned, Diana dead, Hobbes gone, rev jack blissed along with all other humans, there’s a new Lisa, Ryan is dead, and worse of all Amy can bliss humans.

• Anonymous says

Why do you always cancel shows midway through to be honest its pathetic you have wasted hours of my time watching something I’ve dedicated part of my life to its like going out for a meal or to the movies and you are really enjoying but just stopping half way through and walk-in out !!!!

2. Anonymous says

hay that was so dumb,,,,can u guys sell the rights to sci fi network they will atleast go at least 5 or 6 seasons come on guys i need my V back!!!

3. Johanne says

yeah… I really hate that they stop the tv shows… why not to give a shot with a low budget and make everyone happy. since they told that was suposed to be the season 3 as the finale season … why not ending with a season 3.

Also is it just me or they always cut good tv shows of elizabeth mitchell as one of the leader role. It’s just weird that the 2 tv shows revolution and V ended up at season 2… it’s sad because she’s really a good and talented actress.

Anyway we need a season 3 !!! Definitely !!!

4. Hazel says

Need a season 3 still enjoy the show, and it ducks that I will never know what happens . People can’t be left in the dark don’t care how old the show is still would like a season 3.

5. Pam Gibson says

I hate to say this but I would have like to see another season. It stinks that they had it end were Anna won and the humans didn’t even fight back. Please if you all can find it in your hearts, bring the V series back. I would love to see Anna be taken out and Lisa be in power and whats with killing Tyler I thought he was a main character?

6. Katerina Safarik says

… even if those people aren’t the MAJORITY and your show is not the BIGGEST HIT OF THE SEASON! Well that is what is wanted to add to my previous comment.
    But since I see here: “Your comment is awaiting moderation” — hahaha, that surely means, that not ANY one of my comments will ever see the light of day. You Americans……… I’ll be quiet, that will be better for my blood pressure.
    U don’t care about how good actors were in “V”, you don’t care AT ALL about the people who liked the show, you care only about your earnings of money and that makes me sick, you lizards.
    But maybe U did not want to air it anymore, when it is basically the TRUTH! Maybe people would start realising things – like “red rain” = the chemtrails etc. Yeah, V’s are not here with big ships over cities, but they HAVE BEEN here for years. And goverments knows this. They actually sold humanity to them for few peaces of tech!!! They kidnap people and give them to lizards as food! Lizards do not walk here among us with human skin, but they do it through the tech – through “posessed” human “wessels” – politics and others in high places – who they reach out to, from THEIR dimension. Lizards can be here, but only for a little while, yeah? “Thanks to” disgusting blood rituals you “illuminated” people at the top of the human pyramid, do with them. And those disgusitng hybrid bloodlines lacking any empathy, people that drink human blood very often, to be more easilly posessed, people that are running our world now… People that are helpig lizards get to ther ships great amounts of our oceans wather, so they can extract gold from there in rare kind… (THAT is why poles are deminishing). Many, many applications – very long life, very enhanced brain actvity……
    Yeah, “illuminated” people at the top would do anything to get their share. Disgusting business, really.
    And yes, lizards are species only for sufficiency, not for emotions, in reality, they hate human emotions and energetically feed only on the lowest vibtrational kind of them – as is anger, hate, stess, pain, terror… etc. that tis why they so love to torture their victims.

And U, showbusiness *******, do this show ONLY to turn any of these kind of “speculations” into the realm of sci-fi. That is why you give so much truth into nowdays film and shows. But WE see though you. And there is mount Everest of evidence, about all of that with those disgusting reptiles, that our goverments sold humanity to. :/ Armageddon is very, very near. Cherish every day, people.
    U know… U may wonder why I like this show “V”…. I dunno, it’s just that person could… even have fun watching “V”, ’cause it had such an american spin on things and so many decisions of characters vere extremely idiotic and non realistic… It’s nothing like reality. That took away the weight of the REAL situation with the reptiles.

And I’m NOT the one aware of it. About them changing our atmosphere and them changing DNA!!! WE know— not everything, but a lot. So if you will not post this comment, ok. I can be sure one person have read it.
    And just let me say: **** you, british and amnerican goverment, that is “in the bed” with lizards. And I’m not alone in this fight.
    Let those who know nothing about this matter laugh into the oblivion -I dont care, but this is really anything that funny, people. U know nothing. World is just a matrix that has been pulled over your eyes.
    U would know, if U did few months of research… But please… dont start it on YT… there is SO MUCH extremely stupid vids about lizards, you would not take any of this seriously… Maybe listen to research of David Icke…
    Bye. Live long. (And may you not ever see any lizard in real life.)
    P.S. NO, Im not joking, or on drugs, you fuckwits! So many things they need to
    cover up, they give RIGHT into the TV/films – so it is only in real of scifi and fantasy in your head and you are UNABLE to ever think of it as real – get it?!! It is powerfull tool of mind controll!…
    There is mind controll everywhere… Juts… Do some reasearch, yeah? Please. we live in the matrix. Real one.

• Anonymous says

Nice I liked the series but seems like any show I get interested in they stop soon after I think they realize that their letting on to more then they should so they cancel shows. But they will run some crazy ass shows for decades none stop.

• says

Guess its all about money ! To heck with the viewers. Thats there mentality. Television has become known now as C ommercialvision. Apparently these tv mogels are not as smart as they think they are or good shows like V would have been handled properly and not have been canceled. Instead of a total cancel they should have at least done a finale, like a 60 minute episode in respect for the viewers sake ! !

7. Katerina Safarik says

I’m extremely sad, that this *wondeful* show ended after 2 seasons, it had such a potencial for further development in that plot! But for you USA people, ratings (AND THE MONEY U EARN!!!) is everything. :-/ Shame on you! You have more than enough of the money! You actually have *full assess of the money!*, so you could maybe sometimes *listen to what PEOPLE SAY.* :-/

8. Mike says

I am amazed that a really brilliant series like V was cancelled when there are so many crappy programmes. shows and TV series still running that should have bit the dust instead :(

9. loving v says

PLZ COME BACK V. Loved the show. can’t understand why it didn’t catch on. I love sci fiction and this is one of the best shows.

10. Lisa Groves says

I really don’t know why V didn’t catch on! I am a sci-fi buff and cannot understand why the other sci-fi buffs around the world were apparently NOT watching it!! Regardless of ABC’s expectations, they didn’t do themselves a favor canceling the show. They really disappointed the buffs like me around the world, I am sure.
    I think and hope that Steven Spielberg will take the story from ABC and continue the V series sometime in the near future, if ABC doesn’t want to do so.

11. Ian Derby says

I was really getting into that too, wish they would have at least made a couple of episodes to finish it off.

Plus, just how far in advance did they know there was going to be No season 3 before letting folks spend their hard earned cash on purchasing seasons 1 & 2 on DVD.

It stinks!!!