When Calls the Heart

When Calls the Heart TV show on HallmarkNetwork: Hallmark Channel
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: January 11, 2014 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Erin Krakow, Daniel Lissing, Lori Loughlin, Chelah Horsdal, and Martin Cummins.

current TV show

TV show description:
Based on books by Janette Oke, this historical drama revolves around Elizabeth Thatcher (Erin Krakow), a young teacher who’s been accustomed to high society life. Her life changes dramatically when she receives her first classroom assignment in Coal Valley, a small coal mining town where life is simple, but often fraught with challenges.

Abigail Stanton (Lori Loughlin) is a wife and mother whose husband (the foreman of the mine) and a dozen other miners have just been killed in an explosion. The newly widowed women find their faith is tested when they must go to work in the mines to keep a roof over their heads.

Elizabeth charms most everyone in Coal Valley — except Constable Jack Thornton (Daniel Lissing). He believes that her wealthy father has doomed the lawman’s career by insisting he be assigned in town to protect the shipping magnate’s daughter.

Living in a 19th century coal town, Elizabeth must learn the ways of the frontier if she can ever hope to thrive in the rural west on her own.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the When Calls the Heart TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Rene April 5, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Love this show! It’s nice to watch good wholesome entertainment. Thank – you keep it going!

Ginny March 22, 2015 at 5:27 pm

I absolutely love When Calls the Heart. Approximately 5 weeks for the season premiere on April 25th. I keep watching the DVD of season 1 hoping that time will pass faster and then season 2 will be here. When Jack and Elizabeth are on the screen not only can I see their desire for each other, I can feel it. Keep them together and don’t let outside influences come between them.

elizabeth February 28, 2015 at 8:55 am

My husband and I love this series and have looked forward to it coming back on.

aubs February 22, 2015 at 3:19 am

Please start this series again, the sooner, the better! Everyone, young and old love this series. It is already the end of Feb. 2015…when, when are you going to start airing this program again?

Loran robertson February 4, 2015 at 10:37 pm

It was lovely the people in the village are wonderful in coal valley and I hope it is renewed to watch this programme please put it back on the television

sandrews February 4, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Please keep this program on the air

dandersen January 29, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Please renew this series. Our whole family enjoys watching it. One of the few shows on TV where our children can watch with us. Please, please, please renew!

ABW January 23, 2015 at 12:58 pm

I LOVE IT! Even though it seems to go a little slow, I can’t wait to purchase the next season (2). I thought it was misleading to put a duplicate of the same episodes in the 10-dvd package and charge $60. What can you do with duplicates of the same thing? Overall, I truly enjoy the series!

Linda Smith January 21, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Please please let us have a second series. It was great and there is so much more that can be told.

Ali Vosen January 20, 2015 at 4:31 pm

ditto. Please renew this program. Its about time we get a heart warming show without the nudity and violence. The whole family can enjoy it.

bjk January 17, 2015 at 4:31 pm

Please renew this series. My husband and I appreciate the lack of nudity, violence and swearing. We would be very happy to have many more series and movies of this sort to watch.

pew January 17, 2015 at 6:45 am

renew great heart warming show